• 20.04.2024, 00:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Question regarding Evo capacity

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:17

Sorry I'm writing in english, but my german is really crappy (I'm a Dane).

My question is regarding the capacity of the different Evo radiators. The setup I'm interessed in constructing is:
-Cooling my MB, GeForce4 and CPU
-Cooling my HD's using 5 x Aqua Drives

My question is then how i should construct the system? Is one 12V pump enough? Do i need 2 separate systems? If using one system should I use Evo 360 or is 240 enough?

I'd be really glad to hear from some of you hardcore water-nerds :)

Best regards,
Lau

Re: Question regarding Evo capacity

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:21

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

one Pump is enough.

are you planning to use actve cooling (fans) or not? if yes, the 240 is enough, if not, I'd use the evo 360 (since HDDs like it a little cooler)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:30

Thx for the warm welcome and for the very fast answer!

If it's posible for the system to keep cool enough without fans I would be very impressed, very! So what you are saying is that if I install the system with an Evo 360 (in the top of my case) I can keep 5 HD's + CPU/MB/GF cool with no fans?! Wow!

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:32

w0w... 5 Aquadrives ;)

Well, it only makes sense to do active cooling on that, so your choice should be the Evo240 with 2 Fans (Papst is pretty noiseless).
Taking an Evo360 instead only gives you about 2°C better temps (when active cooling).

€: Now reading your 2nd post...
It doesnt make sense to cool everything WITHOUT fans. It would work, but your harddrives would get temps ~50°C, and thats to high. Furthermore, you HAVE TO set up the radiator SEPERATLY (basicly not in your case). It has to stand clearly.
Signatur out of date...

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:34

no, only when the evo is external
internal installation blocks the air from circulating too much... but if you use "Papst" fans @ 5 or 7 Volts, they are not hearable...
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:40

Right, as I understand it my needs are:
-1 x pump
-1 x Evo 240 (internaly mounted with 2 Papst coolers)
-1 x Aqua Tube
-5 x Aqua Driver
-cooling heads for the rest of the system + hoses osv.

And this sould keep my system cool and most importantly _QUIET_?

Thx for alle the help so far!

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:44

right. I'd recommend you to buy, a "Set", you can save some money there.

before you send your order, post it again here so we can take a last look & check.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:50

Sounds great!

The problem with sets is that there aren't any with the new 12V pump, which I've really been drulling at :)~~~

I'm saving the money for it at the moment, but I'll thow a message when I'm ready to go.

Again, thx alot for the help. This is really a great forum!

Montag, 11. August 2003, 01:55

The 12V Pump will only be available from August, 17th .
There will be new Sets containing the Aquastream (the 12V Pump), then

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:02

Okay, thx.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:03

It's a pleasure :)

MojoMC

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:19

Zitat von »Nightreaver«

-Cooling my MB, GeForce4 and CPU
-Cooling my HD's using 5 x Aqua Drives

If you really want to cool 5! hdd's, I would suggest 2 seperate Systems (Evo 120 for hdd's). Perhaps its not necessary, but it reduces the risk of heating your hdd's by CPU & GPU.
Willkommen in Bruchtal, Mr. Anderson.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:29

Zitat

If you really want to cool 5! hdd's, I would suggest 2 seperate Systems (Evo 120 for hdd's). Perhaps its not necessary, but it reduces the risk of heating your hdd's by CPU & GPU.

Yep, that was also my first impression, but it's a pretty expensive solution. I would do it if I had the money. Just think; my Lian-Li PC70 with 2 AquaTubes in the front.... mmmmmh :)

MojoMC

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:35

Zitat von »Nightreaver«

...but it's a pretty expensive solution....with 2 AquaTubes in the front.... mmmmmh :)

Evo 120 and the normal Eheim 1046 (much cheaper and imho good enough) doesn't make the amount so high. It's the 5 Aqua-drives, thats the really expensive part of your whole project!

You don't have to use Aquatube, AC has some other "Ausgleichsbehälter", e.g. the aquainject.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:44

Zitat von »MojoMC«

Evo 120 and the normal Eheim 1046 (much cheaper and imho good enough) doesn't make the amount so high. It's the 5 Aqua-drives, thats the really expensive part of your whole project!

Yep, your absolutely right. Then an extra question; is it easy/possible to hook up the Eheim 1046 to the PSU? And don't they uses quite a bit more power (I've got 480Watt to spend).

Zitat von »MojoMC«

You don't have to use Aquatube, AC has some other "Ausgleichsbehälter", e.g. the aquainject.

Mmh, but the AquaTubes are really nice and match my case very well.

Btw, thx for your thoughs.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 02:48

Btw, how's the connectivity regarding SATA and the AquaDrives? As fare as I can see, they are built for std IDE.

MojoMC

Montag, 11. August 2003, 03:45

Zitat von »Nightreaver«

...is it easy/possible to hook up the Eheim 1046 to the PSU? And don't they uses quite a bit more power (I've got 480Watt to spend)...

The standard 230V Eheim 1046 and the "aquastream" are not really different. Its just the voltage they are working with and the (attention, my opinion: more or less usefull) gimmicks of the aquastream

The Standard Eheim 1046 works with 230 Volts so you just have to get the plug out of the case or 230V into the case- imho no problem. I use several sockets outside of the case connected with one switch for PC, Monitor, printer and Eheim ("Steckdosenleiste"). No problem to fill the system. The pump needs about 5 watt.

The "aquastream" uses power from your PSU - but don't care about this 5 watts (similar to standard 1046)...

Now, look at the price. I (not everyone, just I) don't need the gimmicks and I don't care about the "easy-to-install"-12V, that means I would never spend the double amount of money.

Now you have to decide on your own...

Montag, 11. August 2003, 04:29

Yeah.

Listen to MojoMC......... he is absolutly right about that point.....

The Aquastream is indeed a very nice toy, but there are some things you have to think about....

1. More electronics could mean more problems ( it could, like the 12V Eheim did from another company )
2. It isn't so easy filling up your Watercooled system, even if they put 1000 special "plugs" for the PSU in the package
3. The Eheim 230V is tested for over a long time now and is absolutly reliable.... The 12V hasn't yet been tested that long, so time will tell us if it is equal to the 230 V pump.
4. I can buy 2 Eheim 1046 for the money you spend on the 12V version..........

There are ofcourse also some advantages when you buy the Eheim 12V

1. You get the first Pump, specialy designed for Watercooled PC systems
2. You get the first "real" 12V Pump
3. It looks fancy too
4. It has also some nice "must have" gimmicks on it...

If you want it or not is your choice..........
It's definitly worth the money, but there are some cheaper solutions ( 230V ) that have proven to be very good.....

yours,

ThaDog

Ich hasse Apple ;) --- 15" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,0 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GT 750M mit 2 GB GDDR5 --- 13" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 3,0 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,5 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD --- iPad mini "White", 64 GB Wifi --- iPhone 6, 128 GB "White" --- Apple TV (2012) --- Airport Extreme --- Time Capsule 2 TB --- Apple Rockt :thumbsup: --- 05.10.2011 - R.I.P. Steve Jobs :(

Montag, 11. August 2003, 11:56

Zitat von »MojoMC«

Dont do that! There is absolutely no reason for "creating" 2 Systems. HDDs are producing heat at around 5-10W. This is nothing. Just make one system an save some money at this part ;)
The Evo240 will be enough and it will give you good (and quiet) temps, thats for sure!
Signatur out of date...

Montag, 11. August 2003, 12:13

well, i don´t really see the reason to cool HDDs with water (or at all) anyway ::)

using maybe 1 80mm-Fan (for instance a silen Papst) would be effective enough and still be a quiet solution
well unless you like to use the aquadrives as a silencing device that is... cause as soon as the loud CPU/GPU/NB-fans are gone, you´ll notice how much noise a HDD can produce ;)

speaking of noise: your PSU is probably another source! you should think about modding it with one large 120mm-fan at 7 or 5 volt or (since you appear to be quite wealthy... 5 aquadrives... pfuuh 8) ) buy a watercooled PSU like the aquapower (which has a 230V-plug included) or the coolcurrent. both can be found in ACs shop :)
8) there is no gravity - the world sucks 8)