• 26.04.2024, 03:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SNTmods

Opposite End Cooling with the AquagrATIx?

Freitag, 27. August 2004, 04:34

I believe I once saw that AC was going to develop an AquagrATIx meant for cooling the opposite side RAM chips for the 9800 series cards. Is this still in development? If so, is there any release date in sight. I have a lot of interest from my customers in regards to having both sides of the card cooled. Im also hoping the same opposite end cooling will soon be available for the other GPU/RAM coolers as well.

-Dan
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Re: Opposite End Cooling with the AquagrATIx?

Freitag, 27. August 2004, 12:39

Hi Dan

the aqugrATIx is still released. I belive cooling one site of the ram chips is enough! it was once said in a Thread.
VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE - VERKAUFE AQUADRIVE -

SNTmods

Freitag, 27. August 2004, 13:09

In my experience its much better to cool both sides of the card's chips by water if using a waterblock on one side. Its kinda funny to just use ramsinks on the other side instead of equaly cooling both ends with the same means. I'd like to see what AC would like to do to test this at the least.

-Dan
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Freitag, 27. August 2004, 15:01

As we now have GDR 3 on the latest cards, the memory chips run very cool and need little if any cooling so IMO x800 cards dont need cooling on the memory regardless of what people think.  For the 9800 it may benefit from extra cooling but is it really worth the effort of water cooling the RAM chips on the other side? Just use RAM sink i.e. big ones as you have the space on the back side of the card.