• 16.04.2024, 13:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Tach signal not showing up in Aquasuite

Freitag, 2. November 2012, 13:35

I have my MCP35x pump plugged into the rpm header on the AQ5 Pro and for days it worked fine, displaying the rpm in Aquasuite. Then a few days ago when I booted up the computer the tach signal was gone from Aquasuite.
I tried plugging the pump tach wire into the Power Adjust 2, and still no tach signal.
This is curious that it worked for days and suddenly quit. I have verified the output from the pump tach signal when plugged into a motherboard fan header is working.

Another problem I'm having is updating the firmware on the Power Adjust 2 unit.
Initially I was able to update the firmware with no problems, but after reinstalling the OS the firmware update option no longer shows up in Aquasuite. Only "reset firmware.........." shows up.
I've tried with USB connection only to the PA2, with USB connection to both AQ5 and PA2, with Aquabus both plugged and unplugged and still not able to update firmware.
I am able to see all other parameters in Aquasuite when the PA2 is USB connected except for the update firmware option.

Freitag, 2. November 2012, 14:02

It is very likely that the surge protection for the rpm input line has kicked in an is damaged now so you will have no read out as long as the damaged parts has not been exchanged.

You will not see an update-button when there is no update available. So your device already has the latest firmware.

Freitag, 2. November 2012, 14:56

What do I need to do to fix it? And does this mean the Power Adjust unit is also damaged since it will not show the tach signal either?

Why does the firmware in the Power Adjust show up as earlier than the current version showing for the Aquaero 5?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (2. November 2012, 15:00)

tpb211

Montag, 5. November 2012, 01:43

Greetings Mandrix,
I am running 4 of the MCP35x pumps on my Aquaero 5XT. In your post you mention that you are connecting it to you AQ5's rpm header. By that are you saying you are connecting it to a Fan channel or are you trying to connect it to the "Tach" header? If you are connecting it to a fan channel it should work and report rpm. The "Tach" header is an output not an input designed to send an alarm to your motherboard if you set up an event. (example: connect tach header on aquaero or poweradjust to motherboard fan header to send an alert if pump fails).
Hope this helps

Montag, 5. November 2012, 12:24

To fix that you would have to exchange parts on the PCB. If you had bad luck the signal path to the CPU is damaged. In this case the problem can not be fixed.

I do not understand your question with the poweradjust.

Montag, 5. November 2012, 13:26

I suppose it was a mistake to plug the pump tach signal into the rpm header. I have changed it to Fan 4 and it works fine there. Maybe the documentation should be clearer on this so people won't damage the unit as I apparently have.

Shoggy I was just curious why the Power Adjust unit reports an early version of the firmware, since I updated it last week. Since it shows an earlier version than 1025 I assumed something happened and it would need a firmware update. However no option is appearing for this so I suppose it is a software glitch?

Montag, 5. November 2012, 14:50

?(

Latest firmware for the poweradjust 2 is 1005 and for the aquaero 5 it is 1025.

Montag, 5. November 2012, 14:51

Ah, OK, I thought the firmware followed the same for both. So much to learn.
Thanks.

tpb211

Montag, 5. November 2012, 19:34

I would not assume you have damaged your unit yet, although possible. Have you tested a alarm function to verify? The Tach headers (which I believe you are calling RPM headers) get connected to your motherboards fan headers. They will supply a "rpm" signal to your motherboard, then stop that "rpm" signal in the event of an alarm provided that is how you have it configureed. I have my Tach signal going to my motherboards cpu fan header, in the event of an alarm my bios reports a cpu fan failure and shuts down. That is just one example of what you can do with the tach header.
tpb211

Montag, 5. November 2012, 20:09

Interesting. I know I need to dig into it further, but what exactly do you have the tach signal feeding to the motherboard?

For some reason, in the beginning I thought the tach header was the proper place to feed the rpm output from my pump. Obviously I was wrong, but I got sidetracked on other issues not related to the unit and forgot about it. Then when it quit functioning I freaked out.
I guess some things are just more obvious to some than to me.The little manual furnished with the AQ5 isn't exactly a cornucopia of detail either. Which is funny in a way, since you can't buy much of anything these days that doesn't have 100 warnings about what not to do. :)

tpb211

Montag, 5. November 2012, 20:27

Hopefully this helps,
The AQ5 is capable of generating or simulating a rpm signal. This "simulated" signal can be fed from the tach header on the AQ5 or PA2 to any fan header on your motherboard monitored by your motherboards BIOS. Think of this signal as having one of two states, either "ON" or "OFF" as that is really the best way to describe it and its use.
If your still confused let me know

Montag, 5. November 2012, 20:34

Ah,I get it.
Thanks!

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 13:01

I'm happy to report that I now have the tach header on the AQ5 connected to my motherboard cpu fan header, and it is working correctly. The bios is reporting a fan rpm from the fan header.

Thanks for the help everyone.