• 18.04.2024, 18:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Power Adjust 2

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 23:39

The description says:
"The poweradjust 2 is a controller which was optimized for the use with a Laing DDC pump but you can also use it for other things with a constant load of up to 25W at 12V. The maximum surge current can go up to 48W so you have enough reserves for the massive starting current that some pumps or fans generate. A freely configurable startboost allows you to make sure that for example a pump has enough time to spin-up before it is getting slowed down by the controller. That feature also works if the speed or flow rate signal gets interrupted."
So this is a controller optimize for pump usage but it can be used to power fans as well.
Im looking to build a watercooling loop, actually two loops, and im looking to see how much fans can be powered with a single controller.
I'll be having 3x120.4 radiators (also from aqua computer as these copper babies seem to be the best on the market) and 1x120.2
Thats gonna be 14x120 fans in single comfiguration or 28 in push pull configuration.
Ideally i would want all to be controlled via software through a Aquaero 5 XT Controller
Controller has 3x3pin Power output Fan Header, and 1x4pin PWM Fan Header
THe Power adjust 2 has 1x3 Pin Fan Header
I learned that 6 of them could be connected through each other and then through aqua bus to Aqua aero XT
That would be 9x3 pin Power and 1x4pin fan Header.
1)Would it be ok if i were to use Y header to use one controller to connect to 2 Fans ?
2)How much higher can i go, can i use one controller to power 4 Fans ?
Using a 5,125 bay with 3 Power adjusts, that costs 35 euros each powering only 3 fans, seems like a bad ideea, when i can get for instance this 8 chanell Laptron controller, http://www.overclockers.com/lamptron-fc8…troller-review/, much cheaper
3)Can you list here the exact connectors the controller has and what can be done with each connector ?
4)Will there ever be another Version of power adjust optimizied for controlling fans only, say with 4x3 pin adapter or 4x4 pin PWM adapter ?
5)Will there ever be a water block for these adapters made ?
I would rather use a Power adjust so that i can controll everthing through aqua suite, so i need to know what exactly can be done with a single adapter.
I also want to know if going 6xPoweradjust makes sense or not, just for controlling fans. I need to know what else can one do with the unit.
I'll pretty much control everything else through aquaaero 5 XT, like temperatures, flow, etc (still need to figure out what the XT controller can really do).
6)Whats the difference betwen a 3 pin and 4 pin power controller ?

Pilo

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 00:19

I think you can calculate it easily yourself. There must be labels on your fans, with the max. operating voltage and max. consumption of current.
For example a 140er 'Be Quiet!' Dark Wings Fan consumes ~0.20 ampere with 12 volts.

0.20 A * 12 V = 2.4 Watts

One Power Adjust 2 can handle a wattage of about 25 watts.

P.S. Answer to Question 6: http://www.formfactors.org/developer/spe…re_PWM_Spec.pdf

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (21. November 2012, 00:29)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 00:24

And i can use as many Y connectors as i need, right ?
As the math allows, right ?
Here, states that this noctua Fan has
Max. Input Current 0,05 A
Voltage 12 V
That means a total of 0,05x12=0.6 W ?
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=produ…42&lng=en&set=1
I heard that if the RPM are set to lower, "the resistance" is gonna get higher, and the temperature at the controller is gonna get higher, but will that use more Power ?
Or is this 0,6 W the maximum Power its gonna use ?
Does that mean that 24/0,6 = 40 Fans ?
Can i controll 40 such Fans with one single controller, is this accurate ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (21. November 2012, 00:31)

Pilo

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 00:33

till the wires melt...the only critical moment is the start boost...

like you wrote...there is the resistance of the electromagnetic coils and that sets the limit to how much fans you can shunt...I think...I'm not quite sure...

Have Fun: Ohm's law + Series and parallel circuits

If I were you, I would wait till the intelligent guys appear...I think they can tell you how to calculate it through to get usefull results...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (21. November 2012, 01:32)

Pilo

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 02:55

I've made a little measurement...I connected 18 fans through two 9 on 1 and one Y-connector and measured the power requirements...my power meter told me...max. 22 watts and a drop of voltage from 12.13 volts to ~11.90 volts. I hope it helps a bit.

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 20:33

Wouldnt it be better for fan controlling to use the multiswitch USB 1.41 ?
With 8 chanells and 1 Amper on each chanell,
we have the 140 mm noctua fan uses 0.8 Amper, 0.04 or 0.08
and 120 mm noctua fan uses 0.05 A
92 mm fan uses 0.11 A
80mm uses 0.11 A
60 mm 0.12 A
40m uses 0.05 A
That means that each chanell could power more Fans, if i understand that correctly

Pilo

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 04:35

I think the Multiswitch would only switch the Fans on or off. It's not continuously adjustable.

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 10:00

The multiswitch can only provide up to 40W in total so it is not possible to have 1A per channel. It is also not recommend to be used with fans because of the PWM power supply. It might cause a humming noise on some fans. It is also not possible to control the fans in an intelligent way. You can only adjust their speed manually.

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 14:21

The Multi switch is worthless as a fan controller. All 16 outputs are strictly on/off when operated by Aquasuite 2012. It is usefull only for lights.

Currently, eight (8) Power Adjust 2's can be controlled by the Aquaero 5.

Aquacomputer has said elseware that they do not plan a waterblock for the PA2. Other users have talked about modifying a generic motherboard WB to fit. No one has said if it worked.

Your fans are easily inside the power abality of the Aquaero 5 fan channels even if you use a group of 6 in Push/pull configuration, but only if you use the water block fot the Aquaero 5.

Get an Aquaero 5 LT instead of the four P-A2,s. The LT can be used as a "Slave" to the AQ 5 XT/Pro which will give 8 voltage adjustable fan channels, or 7 variable voltage, and 1 PWM.

The Lamptron and other controllers are less expensive, but must be adjusted manually. NOTHING on the market today comes close to the capabilities of the Aquaero 5. NOTHING can do as much as this thing. period.

If you want to use the Aquaero 5 as a fan contoller for four radiators, you can put a group of three fans on each fan header, and if the LT is used as a slave, the fans can be in eight groups of three fans, and two groups of fans can be controlled by a single controller inside Aquasuite 2012. This lets you use two groups of fans in push/pull configuration for a single radiator.

Note: if you use all fan output channels for fans, you need to use a PA2 for the pump. UNLESS you get the Aquacomputer D5 pump which is powered directly from the computer PSU, and controlled by Aquasuite 2012.

The Aquabus on the Aquaero 5 has two connectors, one low speed, used only for the Multiswitch and tubemeter, and one High speed for everything else. The connector has 4 pins, one supplied +5VDC, and the other three are data. Use all four to provide power to the mps controllers on the D5 pump and mps flow and level sensors. The three pin cable is fine for the PA 2 because they get +5vdc from the PSU.

Note also that the Power Adjust is an Accessory to the Aquaero, and the Ultra version can be programmed and operated as a stand alone unit, but is intended to be used with the Aquaero 5, for which the standard version is just fine.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 19:43

3x120.4 radiators push pull = 24 fans
1x120.2 radiator push pull = 4 fans
4x40mm case fans
120mx3 case fans
Thats a total of 35 fans.
I dont think it work alloneof aqua aero 5 XT, or would it ?
I would equip an aqua aero 5 and 3 power adjust, would that be enough ?

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 19:49

I got 3 5,25 bays at my disposal for controllers to power all fans,
One its for aquaero 5 XT, 2 for something else, ideally something that could also be controlled from the aqua suite.
2 Radiators will be with integrated punmp, 2 will be dual loop.
What would be the best setup ?
Should i be gettin an aqua aero and 6 Power adjust(2x5.25"), or one aqua aero and 2 LTs, or one auq aero one LT, 3 poweradjusts (1x5,25")

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (22. November 2012, 19:57)

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 00:09

Double check on the radiators with integrated pumps to find out where the pumps get power from. If they have a seperate 4 pin molex PSU connection that means they do not need power from the AQ5. Also, how is their speed actually controlled? if it is PWM, there is only one (1) PWM speed control output available on the Aquaero 5.

As for configuration, Four radiators with six fans in push/pull will use four AQ5 outputs. The double rad will use another, and the case fans can be split among three more outputs, or split into two groups running off two controller outputs, and the eighth output used in PWM mode with a y splitter to control the pumps, (as long as power for the pumps comes from the PSU)

I sugest the following:

Aquaero 5 Pro with water block and aquaremote and water block = 4 fan channels

Aquaero 5 LT with water block operated as a "Slave" to the other AQ5 = 4 more fan channels for a total of eight groups of fans.

You can only use One AQ 5 LT as a slave, but the Aquasuite software can identify it as a seperate controller that is fully functional, it just cannot chare data sources or controller outputs with another unit.

Think of the AQ 5 LT as four low power PA2's with four temperature sensors available instead of eight, and all PWM outputs disabled.

Also, if you intnd to use the Noctua 120mm fans for the radiator in push/pull, they should pull about 0.6 amps total for all six based on the curent measurement on my own AQ5. So plenty of room on an AQ5. And even if it turns out to be too much juice for 6ix fans on one channel, you can drop down to three on each channel and order some PA2s and still run your computer at lower power until the parts come in.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 03:40

The radiators with pumps are these
1)120.2 http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2796
2)140.4 http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2889Powered by 4 pin molex, and the pump has a few more connections i think.

There are gonna be 2 more 120.4 dual loops
3)120.4 dual loop
4)120.4 dual loop
As i said i plan push pull on these babies
3x120.4 radiators push pull = 24 fans
1x120.2 radiator push pull = 4 fans
In total there are gonna be 28 radiator fans
5)4x40mm case fans

6)3x120mm case fans
I also saw this on the shop,
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2363
What does it exactly do and how can it be used ?
It seems to increase the capability so that one can power more fans or something
And then there is this:
aquaero 4.00 powerbooster als nachträgliches Upgrade mit Umbauservice
Seems like something they will stick to the aqua aero. it says though that its compatible with the
Geräten der Serie 4.00 used
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2347
What exactly is this by the way ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (23. November 2012, 04:08)

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 09:12

The poweramp is just a simple amplifier. The input is amplified up to 42W but with the downside that there is a voltage drop of 1.5 to 2.0V.

The powerbooster is only compatible to the aquaero 4. It is a heatsink to increase the maximum power output. Especially fan channel 1 gets more power to be used with a Laing DDC pump but this and requires a modification on the controller! You have linked to the variant with the modification in our house so the aquaero 4 must be send back to us. As said: it has nothing to do with the aquaero 5 so just ignore it ;)

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 09:42

Can anyone guide me on what would be the best way to power/drive the fans via aquaero 5 and and/or a combination of poweradjust2/aero xt, or any other required acceosorry from this firm. ?
I really want to get everything from one produces, it seems aqua computer shop has everything neded to make a complete watercooling system.

Pilo

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 16:17

I'm already trying to convince to AquaComputer staff to develope a easy to use fan-only-control-unit. I hope they'll take a heart and seriously think about it.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 19:31

That is something i would be buying. Otherwise i think im gonna go with 6 Poweradjusts 2
I would be having 3x3pin connector on the controller and 6x3 pin connecttor on the power adjusts and 1 PWM output
THe question is how much can one Poweradjust power, is it 3 or 4 fans ?

Pilo

Samstag, 24. November 2012, 05:35

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one who would buy such a pure software controlled fan controller from Aqua Computer...I need such a thing for not less then 18 Fans. But the AC Staff is stubborn "...there is no need for a fan only controller...", because you could use an Aquaero 5 as master and an Aquaero 5 LT as slave and a few Power Adjust 2...and...and...and...to realize it. But for me it's like needless patchwork...most of the functions of an Aquaero are not used when you only need it to control fans...lots of fans. It's like buying a Ferrari to drive to the next bakery to buy a few buns in the morning, when you only need a bicycle or walk by foot.

Do you know some software controlled pure fan controller on the market?....Nor am I....It's a gap in the market I think.

Samstag, 24. November 2012, 17:30

The thing is it makes little sense to get 6 poweradjusts 2, just to controll fans, you would have 9x3 pin connectors and 1x4 pin connectors

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 03:01

The thing is it makes little sense to get 6 poweradjusts 2, just to controll fans, you would have 9x3 pin connectors and 1x4 pin connectors

There is some confusion in this thread. So are you running 28 or 35 fans?

As elsewhere suggested in this thread, get 2 Aquaero devices, run one as a slave unit to the other, use waterblocks for both of them and that will give you 8 output channels to power your fans if you just want fan control. You can use the 4-pin PWM output with a 3-pin connector. You don't have to use it as a PWM output.

If you don't wish to spend money on features that you won't use then a 'fan-only' device such as a Lamptron controller might be a better option for you, but the trade-off is that you will have to put up with manually adjusting your fans. If you get an Aquaero though you may decide in the future to use more of its features. You won't have that option with a fan-only controller and it is wasted money if you then want to upgrade to an Aquaero. From what I can sense in this thread you want a bit more than just fan control. The choice I think is simple.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (25. November 2012, 03:23)