• 20.04.2024, 01:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

testing AQ Components from laptop

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2015, 15:49

Just wanted to ask,

I have all my AC parts ready to test, however I have not yet built my new PC.

I would like to test my components and connectivity first with AquaSuite and a Laptop (think of it as a working diagram). I have purchased a USB to USB Male MOBO connector so that I could potentially connect my AQ LT direct to my laptop through standard USB and then all the additional components (AQ D5, Poweradjust, flow meter etc) to the LT via AquaBus and an additional external PSU (for Molex connectors) using a PSU jumper.

This would allow me to lay out all the components on my table, connect to laptop and visually test how my setup would work without actually building my system.

My question is, would doing this and switching on damage the D5 pumps or flow sensor (because there would be no loop yet and no water)? is it possible to switch everything on (without the pump running so it doesnt get damaged) which would allow me to see everything in AquaSuite?

Or, can I at least setup the AQ LT & Poweradjust like this?

Many Thanks,

James.

Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2015, 09:47

That will not work out of the box.

If you have devices from the same group you will have to assign different aquabus ID numbers first which can be only done via USB. So at first you have to configure each device via USB before you can use them all together via aquabus.

The pump can not be used dry! If you only connect its aquabus but no power, it will crash the aquabus communication and the aquaero will not detect any devices.

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2015, 10:59

If you want to setup the pumps you can either;
* Just connect the USB without connecting the pumps own power. Then you can give it a unique Aquabus address and change its priority, without actually connecting the Aquabus.
* Remove the impeller from the pump. Then you can connect its own power and setup the USB and Aquabus connections as normal.

All the other parts are fine to connect up normally. Most Internal to external USB cables have a dual connection so that you can connect the Aquaero and one other device at a time. If it is only a single you will need to connect each device via USB one at a time and set it up.

I've done it this way with my laptop setting up external test rigs.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (11. Dezember 2015, 11:04)

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2015, 14:19

Thanks for replying Jakusonfire.

Once I have setup the devices individually via USB can I then connect them all up via Aquabus and see them all detected in AquaSuite (still through Laptop/USB)?

Also - how would I go about removing the impeller from the AQ D5 Usb without damaging it, does it unscrew or something? and it the High Flow Sensor OK to use without liquid (I realize it will show a flow rate of zero)? :)

Many thanks and regards,

James.

Samstag, 12. Dezember 2015, 07:32

Thanks for replying Jakusonfire.

Once I have setup the devices individually via USB can I then connect them all up via Aquabus and see them all detected in AquaSuite (still through Laptop/USB)?

Also - how would I go about removing the impeller from the AQ D5 Usb without damaging it, does it unscrew or something? and it the High Flow Sensor OK to use without liquid (I realize it will show a flow rate of zero)? :)

Many thanks and regards,

James.

The impeller is only held in by the magnetism of its motor. It just lifts out. The flow sensor is fine to setup dry and yep once each device is setup via usb it can be attached to the Aquabus