• 25.04.2024, 19:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

zoomee

unable to control EK-DDC 3.2 PWM on AE5 Pro

Mittwoch, 23. April 2014, 15:58

hi,

I've recently upgraded to an EK-DDC 3.2 PWM pump from one of the older DDC 10w ones.
Unfortunately it's quite noisy so needs throttling.

My older pump worked fine reporting RPM's to my AE5, and I purchased this new 3.2 PWM pump under the impression I could use my AE5 Pro to throttle it if needed.
Unfortunately it doesn't work - neither does it report any RPM rating nor does it allow control via any of the fan controller ports on my AE5.

To rule out any issues with the PWM Pump - I have plugged it into my CPU connector on my mainboard and it works fine - why doesn't it then work with my AE5 please?

thanks in advance for any assistance.

RE: unable to control EK-DDC 3.2 PWM on AE5 Pro

Mittwoch, 23. April 2014, 17:02

hi,

I've recently upgraded to an EK-DDC 3.2 PWM pump from one of the older DDC 10w ones.
Unfortunately it's quite noisy so needs throttling.

My older pump worked fine reporting RPM's to my AE5, and I purchased this new 3.2 PWM pump under the impression I could use my AE5 Pro to throttle it if needed.
Unfortunately it doesn't work - neither does it report any RPM rating nor does it allow control via any of the fan controller ports on my AE5.

To rule out any issues with the PWM Pump - I have plugged it into my CPU connector on my mainboard and it works fine - why doesn't it then work with my AE5 please?

thanks in advance for any assistance.
Maybe a silly couple of questions coming up here.... But... We gotta start somewhere :D

Are you connecting it to the 4th Fan header on the AQ5?... As that is the only Fan header that can use a PWM....

If you do have it connected to the 4th Fan header correctly, Have you gone into the Aquaero Fans Menu & selected the "Advanced Settings" screen from the 4th Fan settings screen and then selected to control that Fan Via the PWM & not as is the default setting as power controlled?.... You need to make sure you select the PWM option that is only available to you from the 4th fan settings screen....

N.

zoomee

Mittwoch, 23. April 2014, 19:08

Thanks for the response bud - yup I tried all that a couple of times before.
For some reason its now working!! - Last couple of times I tried it, I couldn't seem to get it to respond (it didn't even show RPM)
I've just done it again now - and for some reason after fiddling with a couple of settings (minimum and max settings) it started to work.

Guess it just needed a bit of patience - hmmmm :)

Hope it stays working as I've had this before with a previous Liang DDC - sometimes it would show RPM sometimes it wouldn't....