• 16.04.2024, 23:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 6 xt and pump settings- am I doing something wrong

Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2014, 16:29

Hi- up to the time when a firmware update, I was able to see my pumps connected via Aquabus under Aquaero settings in AS 2014 and amend manually. Now I am getting 2 heading aquastream XT and DC pumps coonected via aquabus both with nothing at all. I have two Aquacomputer USB pumps connected via Aquabus y connector and the AE6 XT connected to mobo by USB.
Am I missing something here or am I just stupid ;(

Montag, 14. Juli 2014, 17:14

Anyone have any ideas? I cannot control my pump speeds as I used to do- connects are the same as previously after a rebuild and I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software as well and still the same

Thanks for help from worried person ;(

Freitag, 18. Juli 2014, 12:04

Make sure that you have assigned different aquabus ID numbers to the pumps. This can be done in the system tab of the device (when connected via USB).

Freitag, 18. Juli 2014, 13:53

so I need to connect the pumps to the AE6 by USB then use the aquabus connection?
Thanks for the help

Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 12:28

Mhhh ?(

You would connect them at first by USB to the mainboard, then change the aquabus ID and afterwards you can also use them via aqbaus.

Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 12:52

Shoggy- by the mainboard, I presume you mean the motherboard rather than the AE unit? Sorry for being dim but I don't want to muck things up ;( :D

Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 14:22

Yes, I mean the motherboard of your PC.

There is no way to connect our devices to each other with a USB cable. This can be only done with the aquabus cable.

Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 16:28

Thanks Shoggy- I will try this tomorrow when I get back to the office where the pc is 8)

Freitag, 25. Juli 2014, 16:38

Shoggy- having trouble with this wondered if you can explain what I'm doing wrong

I have left the aquabus connector & y splitter from both pumps in AE6, USB cable from AE6 into Mobo, then attach a USB cable from one pump to mobo and I don't get anything at all in setting under Aquasuite at all.

Bit confused here so would be grateful for some help in sorting this one out! ;(

TVM

Montag, 28. Juli 2014, 13:09

Could you maybe provide a photo of the parts and wires so we get an idea how you have connected everything.

Dienstag, 29. Juli 2014, 23:05

I will try to get some pics in the next few days

Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014, 10:26

Shoggy- not able to get photos due to my camera not working and not having a mobile phone at all- no comments please :D

The way I have been connecting this is as follows: aquabus cable from both pumps into y splitter cable- all aqua computer cables- plugged into the aquabus high connector on the AE6, 5 pin USB from AE6 to motherboard
I have also tried connecting a single pump using a similar 5 pin USB cable- checking the correct way round on both, to mobo, trying both aquabus cables in and out and all I get is MPS device showing USB connection greyed out in aquaero suite and I cannot change any settings anywhere- If I go under system, currently connected by aquabus there is nothing stated at all

Have even tried unistalling Aquasuite fully, unplugging everything and starting from scratch but no luck- unless I am doing something wrong or missing a step

Unsure of what to try further as the pumps are working fine, can control the fans no problems but would be nice to be able to manually change the pumps

Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014, 16:15

Have tried just about everything that I can do and losing the will to live with this
I really like the AE6 but unless I can get this sorted then I see no reason to use it as a glorified fan controller- I would rather use my Lamptron Touch for that purpose

Help me Obi-Shoggy...you're my only hope :D

Philio

Freitag, 1. August 2014, 00:41

When I first got my 5 XT a couple of years ago, I got the RTC module, the first one was faulty and AC sent me a new one, but I was never able to get it to be detected.

However, a few weeks ago I started building a new PC and as part of the process I did a factory reset on the aquaero (as well as a firmware update as it was out of date as hadn't been touched for a while), suddenly the RTC is detected by the aquaero for the first time ever and it's been working since.

I also had some issues with a 5 LT that I added to the new system which were solved by a factory reset (also in this case I had to do the hard reset by shorting sensor pins 5-8 as it was configured as slave).

So, if you haven't tried already, maybe try factory resetting everything, unplugging everything and starting over, perhaps add them one by one to the aquabus. I would also plug everything in via USB as this is extremely helpful, not once have I ever had an issue with USB connectivity using aquaero 4, 5, aquastream, D5, etc. Verify the aquabus settings via aquasuite prior to reconnecting the aquabus.

Freitag, 1. August 2014, 09:05

update:
I did a factory reset, connected each pump by USB and was able to change the assigned numbers to different ones, now still get nothing under "connected by aquabus" and the MPS only shows USB red crossed out and nothing in Pumps at all, but seem to be able to control the speed of things- I think under controller tab

I'll have a play and see what happens

Montag, 4. August 2014, 11:53

update- pumps now showing in aquaero Pumps bit- stating DS pump 1 & DS pump 4 for some reason- is showing rpm on pump 1, nothing on pump 4-is that normal? both have different bus address 12 & 15
Not sure if any changes are happening to the pumps when I adjust the figures mind as I can't hear any difference to the noise levels

Any ideas gratefully received! :D ;(

p.s. can I delete the MPS pump 1 & 2 from the tab page below the aquaero and above the aquasuite tabs- I find it annoying them sitting there :D :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »knacker« (4. August 2014, 11:54)