• 24.04.2024, 16:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Product Suggestion

Samstag, 25. Oktober 2014, 14:58

Hy Aquacomputer. I have just received today my Aquaero 6 XT from mindfactory.de, and i gotta admit, im impressed through the bones with how solid it looks and feels, from the build quality and materials. I have mounted a red heatsink and it and the watercooling piece.
Thats one hell of a manufacturing !

Now the thing is, i was looking to replace my busted front Panel USB 3.0 hub in the 3.5 Inch form factor.
I was going to search for something that also has fast charge ports. The best one i could find, since i allready own a card reader, is this one here:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=p…model=AK-ICR-25

Unfortunatly its doing to get delivered in december the 5th. since it is new.

Then it hit me.

Why dont you guys make such a device ?
With the premium look and feel specific for aquacomputer.

USB HUB 3.0, usb charge ports, front panel sound jackets, 2.5mm and 3.5mm, maybe a sound amplifier, or something for, Some recessed USB 2.0 connectors so that when you connect Memory stick like devices, it wont bulge outside,
For instance these Turtle beach wireless sound headphones connect to PC through a USB 2.0 stick, as you can see here. Just connecting the thing to a normal USB port it would buldge outside and it would look nasty.

Here is what i am thinking about:

1)Thunderbolt Port(this would need to be connected to a computer through a pci express card - this could be sold separatly, if the card is not connected, a LED would light red nead the port, when connected, Led is green)
2)If there was enough place on a 5.25 drive bay, maybe a card reader, that would connect directly through USB 3.0 to PC; this could be driven from chanell 1 from USB 3.0 Header
So USB 3.0 Header would drive a hub with 2 Usb 3.0 slots for the first SLOT, and the card reader with the second SLOT
3)2 or 4 USB 3.0 ports as a hub, drive from the second chanell of the USB 3.0 header
4)Usb charge port 2 of them are connected directly to power, no data
5)2 Esatas, can be connected directly to motherboard, in which case a blue led would light, if it is not connected the Led lights red, these could be hooked up to the PCI express card that has Thunderboard because it also has SATA Connectors
6)2x3.5mm sound jacks to drive Headset with mic, comes also with 6.5mm Jack for headset that have these connectors. Connecting the 3.5 mm jack disables the 6.5 mm jack, can also be signaled through led.

I dont know how much circuitry a proper sound amplifier would need, or if you guys have such experience with something like that, but if it would be included it would be nice. I wouldnt also mind if the whole contraption would take 2x5.25 Slots to build.
It would probably take 2 5.25 drive bays, to also fit recces ed USB 2.0 ports and non recessed ports, ports would be mutualy exclusive.

If extra spare room is left, you could build 2 mounting bays for a power adjust.

Such a thing would be insane, and im pretty sure its not been done yet, because everthing i have seen on the market is garbage aka Shrot.
And i would be the first in line to buy such a thing, even if it were 300 euros.

THE ACCESORY COntroll card could be a PCI express 4x card
1xPCI express routed to Thunderbolt connector
1xPCI Express routed to Esata from front panel or internal Sata mutualy exclusive
1xPCI Express routed to Esata from front panel or internal Sata mutualy exclusive
1xPCI Express routed to another USB3.0 Header

And also the PCI express 8x version
With an additional 4 USB 3.0 ports, each wired to a PCI express Lane.

That is something that is most certainly never been done.

Montag, 27. Oktober 2014, 09:04

I would say you are pretty wrong here with your idea. This is not really our business and would fit some typical accessory companies (like Akasa...) much better.

Montag, 27. Oktober 2014, 11:09

I just had to try, see what you think, i know youre more into cooling stuff and all, and thought maybe you could build such a thing.