• 18.04.2024, 06:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream pump XT

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 04:20

Hello all

Can someone tell me if im using a 1/2 inch dia. tubing how long can I make my tube lengths in my system be or my loop be? From my first Aquastream XT pump i want to split the line 2 ways both 1/2 dia tubes. Each line is about 20 to 24 inches in total length to the blocks on the MB & on up to the radiators. First going into a duel rad. then thru quad rad. & then back down about 22 inches into the 250mm reservoir, then about 2 to 4 inches back into the pump again. The first line is for the CPU only & the second line is for both Northbridge & Southbridge chipsets.

From my second Aquastream XT pump I want to split the line 2 ways both 1/2 dia. tubes. Again each line is about 20 to 24 inches in total length to blocks also on the MB & the going on up to a 2nd. duel rad & the thru a 2nd. quad rad.& then back down about 22 inches into a 2nd. 250mm reservoir then its about 4 to 6 inches back into the pump again. The first line is for a pair of duel chip video cards only & the second line is for both v-regs & into the tri memory.

From the first pump I want to add a 1/4 inch dia. tube turning it into a 3way splitter & also from the 2nd. pump i want to add a 1/4 dia. tube turning it into another 3 way splitter then joining the two 1/4 dia. tubes to become a 3/8 dia. or perhaps a 1/2 dia. tube going about 22 inches below across to the 3 or 4 duel paks (blocks) for the HDD's then about another 28 inches across to the 1st. PSU & then about 2 to 3 inches into a 2nd. PSU & then going up about 2 inches into a tri rad. then going an aditional 20 inches back up above splitting them back into two 1/4 dia. tubes, each going into the 1st. 250mm reservoir & the second 1/4 dia. tube into the 2nd. 250mm reservoir.

Will this be ok for the pumps or should i get a 3rd. pump into my system, the Eheim 1250

MrToad

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 03:30

If I've understood right, and you want to feed two different loops with the same pump, that's a bad idea.

Flow will always follow the path of minimum resistance, therefore you'll be starving of coolant the loop with the highest restriction.

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 07:46

Welcome to the Aquacomputer Forum :)

If you want to go multiple pumps then skip the parallel circuits and just do each loop in series. Save yourself a lot of grief. However, this has been done before and it requires a lot of testing and special custom made diverter blocks.

The big question I have is why do you want to do it this way? For instance feeding super hot water coming off your video cards is going to probably be heating up your VR's and memory.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (11. April 2009, 07:50)

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 08:07

Hello

I am using two pumps & asking if i shound get another pump (a third pump added to my system) mainly because of the total distance (length) i have in my case. I also want to have better flow pressure without turning up the pumps power.

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 10:38

Hello

I am using two pumps & asking if i shound get another pump (a third pump added to my system) mainly because of the total distance (length) i have in my case. I also want to have better flow pressure without turning up the pumps power.

Well I am using three pumps in my Feeding Frenzy project (just for the fun of it) and I wanted to isolate the GPU, MB, and hard drives. Keep in mind that of my three loops they go this way:

GPU:
  • Aquastream
  • GPU
  • Radiator
  • Aquatube

MB:
  • Aquastream
  • Radiator
  • CPU
  • NB
  • VR's
  • Aquatube

HD's:
  • Aquastream
  • Radiator
  • HD's
  • Aquatube

I am also using 6mm ID tubing and expect my computer to run as well as those who are using 1/2" tubes. With the 1/2" tubes you should expect perhaps about 1-1.5 C better cooling assuming you run each circuit in a series like I have. If you run a parallel circuit your temps will probably be worse than what I will be getting for the reasons outlined above.

So why don't you want to run your Aquastream's in the OC mode? It's essentially free pump power.

With the older style Aquastream pumps it was somewhat troubling to run three pumps as the Aquaero can only control two (2) pumps. The XT's are programmable through a USB interface so your amount of pumps is only limited by your pocket book and how much space you have in your case. Why not four pumps? :D

Some people around here would run all the components you have on one (1) Aquastream pump. :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (11. April 2009, 10:39)

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 15:45

Mr. toad

I am ruuning just 1 loop but spliting it 3 different ways sharing it with 2 pumps. I'm wondering if I should get a 3rd. pump. It is on or for the 3rd. split is where my two pump comes together (joins) at. My total tubing length is about 317 inches or roughly 26.5 feet from the outakes to the intakes of the pumps including the distance the liquid has to travels going thru radiators & blocks. 1/4 dia. tubing length =roughly 1 foot used, 3/8 dia. tubing length =roughly 10 feet used, 1/2 dia. tubing length =roughly 8.5 feet used.

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 16:42

My first Aquastream pump is cooling the Cpu, & the northbridge & southbridge chips using 1/2 tubing. then to a duel & quad rads.

My second Aquastream pump is cooling the 2 duel chip Video cards like the 4890x2, Both V-regs, & the tri memory, a accelerator card, & a Controller card using 1/2 tubing. then to a different duel & differnet quad rads..

Im sharing both pumps to go down below running a line for the 4 duel pak Hydra-Pak Hdd coolers, & for the 2 PSU, then to a tri RAD. using 3/8 tubing.

Sonntag, 12. April 2009, 01:57

Get a separate pump for the HD's.

MrToad

Sonntag, 12. April 2009, 13:25

Now I think I see what you are doing, but I don't think I qualify to advice on parallel loops. Reason being, I have zero experience in both low flow and parallel loops. I thought on such solutions, but they never went beyond the "paper" stage. Never saw clear how to overcome the hydraulics involved.

All what I've built is series/high-flow. That includes my latest build, which has more or less the same radiator surface as yours, but fewer blocks (just GPUs, CPU, NB and VRegs), on three separate loops in series with two pumps each.

You'd be better with top_nurse on this one :)