• 23.04.2024, 18:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

creekin

Aquastream XT Ultra, Multiswitch LT, AC Flow sensor, Temp sensor, AC Filter.

Samstag, 18. September 2010, 20:56

Hi Guys,

Great forum. 8)

What is the best way to hook up my parts?
Aquastream XT Ultra, Multiswitch LT, Flow sensor, 3x temp sensor.

I DON"T have an aquaero, so most of the threads with similar questions to mine don't help. :(

Im thinking flow sensor to XT, and XT and multi both via USB to MB.
But can/should i link them?
Does aquasuite care?

What about temp sensors?
My MB has 3 inputs i can use, or should i go via the XT??
Should i get an Aquaero?

I have 8 fans i want to run off the multiswitch, i thought that was what it was for.
But i am confused after seeing a few threads saying it can't run fans. ?(

I have the multi, flow and filter already, but the XT is not due for a week or 2.

I wish the manual or site had some sort of schematic explaining aquabus in more detail... :thumbup:

P.s. Shoggy, your avatar always reminds me of the "Sham Wow" Guy. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (18. September 2010, 21:10)

Montag, 20. September 2010, 12:29

If you don't own an aquaero there is only one way to connect everything:

ASXT -> USB
Multiswitch LT -> USB
Flow Sensor -> ASXT
1 Temperature Sensor -> ASXT

There is no way to link the multiswitch and ASXT. The aquasuite shows every USB device in its own tab so you can connect and unlimited amount of devices to your PC.

If you use the sensor inputs of your mainboard you can not use them for any interaction with our devices. Well, since the aquastream XT only has one sensor input an aquaero would make much more sense.

The multiswich was not designed as a fan controller. Of course you can use fans with it but since the controller uses PWM for the voltage you might get problems with a humming noise. It will depend on the fans that you use.

creekin

Montag, 20. September 2010, 13:41

Hi Shoggy,

thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Is it possible that a future version of Aquasuite could read motherboard temp sensors?
Like Speedfan etc does.
Or should i just buy an Aquaero?

Does PWM only affect speed control?
I have slow fans and a SR1 low air flow rad.
I really only want to power them on or off.
Will disabling PWM just disable speed control and make them on/off?
Without the hum problem?

If i buy an Aquaero, would i link the multiswitch to it, or just the ASXT?
I assume the link between Aquaero and multiswitch would happen in aquasuite?

I'm happy with the setup as you explained,
Just waiting on my pump now, can't wait to get it wet!
AC FTW! :thumbup:

Montag, 20. September 2010, 14:11

Currently it is unlikely that the aquasuite will offer that option in the future. The reason is that this data is not very reliable for a device that normally works independent from the rest of the PC. The aquaero would need many additional security routines to handle any possible problem from a system crash to no sensor data or an infinite loop with wrong values etc. Also working with these values makes not much sense since the CPU temperature for example will change within seconds so the fans would start for a short moment and in the next moment they would stop. The only real interesting temperature is the water temperature since it will not be effected by this problem. There is no need to speed up the fans when the CPU is running at 100% for a few seconds when you start a larger program.

If you deactivate PWM the multiswitch can only turn on or turn of the 12V power supply to each channel. You won't get rid of the hum problem but you can not adjust the speed of the fans.

You can connect the multiswitch and the ASXT to the aquaero while connecting the multiswitch via aquabus will only allow the on/off function while PWM is only possible through USB. USB and aquabus at the same time is not possible with the multiswitch; but the ASXT can handle this.

The links between devices only exist in hardware (aquabus). The aquasuite is only a GUI which has no direkt controlling function. If you change something in the aquasuite it is changed in the controller and the hardware is doing it.

creekin

Montag, 20. September 2010, 14:40

I understand your point about cpu temp, but my motherboard "Asus Maximus II Formula" has 3 optional temp sensors, which i can connect my other 2 AC temp sensors to. but not see in Aquasuite.
It would be nice if i could, but i understand it would be difficult to do reliably, speedfan often gives strange temp readings. (-150c / +250c)

The one temp sensor and flow senor via the ASXT will be perfect.

The only english manual i can find for the ASXT is for the old version, is there an english version of the new model?

Thanks for all your help, it makes alot more sense now. :thumbsup:

Montag, 20. September 2010, 15:52

I have sent the English aquastream XT manual to the e-mail address that you use in this forum.

creekin

Montag, 20. September 2010, 16:25

Thank you! :thumbsup:

I had to search for it, gmail thought YOU were spam..
The only email i've actually WANTED to read all day. :)

Thanks again Shoggy
AC should pay you more money! :thumbup:

Montag, 20. September 2010, 17:16

No problem :)

creekin

Montag, 20. September 2010, 17:41

One more question the manual and google couldn't answer...

What are the dimensions of the ASXT?

I am still waiting for deilvery of mine to my retailer and then to me.
And am wondering how it will fit in my case.
I am sure it is smaller than i think.
But it is hard to tell from the pics.

Is it possible to get a template of the base?
So i can pre-drill mounting holes.

:)

Dienstag, 21. September 2010, 12:15

The pump measures 111.5 x 55 x 64.4 mm.

I have no template for the base so I placed one on the scanner :D

I hope that helps a bit.

creekin

Dienstag, 21. September 2010, 13:20

No it doesn't help a bit....

It helps A LOT!!! :thumbsup:
That should be in the manual.

YOU ROCK SHOGGY!

I took your advice/info into consideration, and purchased an aquaero. :)

I now have AC aquaero, aquastream ultra xt, multiswitch LT, flow sensor, temp sensors(3) water filter, aquatube nickel/faceplate/fillport!
If you make it, i own it! :D

Still waiting on aquaero, asxt and aquatube to be delivered.
You know i will be back with more questions for you then.
And pics.

I was going to get the ramplex but i dont think it will fit between 2x ddr2 sticks in the blue slots on my asus maximus II formula mobo, theres a small gap between the pairs of slots.
Can you confirm or deny?

Dienstag, 21. September 2010, 13:46

One ramplex will not work here. If you want to cool the RAM you will need two blocks.