• 18.04.2024, 22:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

creekin

2 aquastream 1 aquaero / FAULTY ASXT!

Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010, 14:57

i am thinking of adding a 2nd pump to my loop.

the aquaero manual mentions it can control 2 aquastreams.
but that appears to only be the old ones with the 10 pin connection.

how can i connect 2 ASXTs to 1 aquaero via aquabus?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (2. November 2010, 05:03)

Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010, 16:15

To connect two aquastream XT pumps you will need a y-adapter.

In the aquasuite you have to change the aquabus ID number of one pump to 11 (default is 10) so the aquaero is able to differ between both pumps.

creekin

Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010, 23:48

My AC supplier doesn't seem to stock that.
is it as simple as it looks?
can i just make one out of some fan Y adaptors?

i have male and female 3 pin plugs available.

no resistors or anything i cant see?

Montag, 1. November 2010, 00:17

You can also do that yourself. A regular y-adapter for fans will not work since one connector only has two wires but you need three for both ;)

creekin

Montag, 1. November 2010, 01:17

thanks! :)

a part like this (and the flow sensor cable and flow sensor for eg) should come with the hardware.
For the price of the Aquaero, it would seem reasonable to throw in a part like this that is only needed with that hardware.

Why is the flow sensor cable sold separate to the flow sensor?

the 3 pin fan connectors i have do have all 3 wires on both plugs,
so they should work fine?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main…products_id=286

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (1. November 2010, 01:20)

Montag, 1. November 2010, 08:34

That cable should work but it is very uncommon for a fan adapter since the motherboard or whatever will get confused by two tachosignals.

creekin

Montag, 1. November 2010, 08:46

yes i agree the mobo should get confused, but all the fan adaptors i have bought have all 3 pins attatched at both ends,
i am useing them to run pairs of fans off my aquaero and seems to all be fine.

I am currently flow testing my rig, and am a little confused, can you please confirm the impulses/liter for me?
the retailers site that i purchased it from
http://www.thekoolroom.com/index.php?rou…&product_id=456

says 169pulses/liter (but ur website says 158 http://aquacomputer.de/newsreader/items/…atursensor.html )
when i set to 169 i am getting 145l/h or 2.4l/m

do these numbers sound right?

also i am getting a message on the aquaero saying "pump 1 not avail. firmware too old not connected"
i believe it is related to the control via aquabus or control via usb setting. i have tried changeing it and saving the settings but no luck.
which is the right option?

one last thing, the yellow cover on the back of my ASXT just spilt and came off..
i noticed the bulge in it due to the cable routing, but thought it was fine.
but the plastic seems to have torn on its own without any force on it.
now the rear cover wont stay on.
what do u suggest i do?

thanks shoggy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (1. November 2010, 09:58)

Montag, 1. November 2010, 10:41

169 impulses is the correct value.

I have no idea on the error message of the pump. You should check if the aquaero and aquastream have the latest firmware.

You could glue the yellow cap to the back of the pump or get a new one. I think there is no other way to get that fixed.

creekin

Montag, 1. November 2010, 10:52

then why does the manufacturer page for it say 158?

i was about to buy a 2nd ASXT but having to glue the cover back on a brand new $150 pump is not right.
i will probably RMA it.

i did not get the pump error originally, the usb is connected correctly.
the firmware is
aquasuite 4.69.00
aquaero FW 422 OS 203
ASXT FW 1017

according to AS all up to date.

UPDATE:

just tried to reflash the asxt firmware, got error msg saying cant flash, turn off power,
and also a PUFF OF SMOKE FROM MY PUMP!!! :huh:

tried again to be sure and again saw small white puff of smoke coming from pump.
and still failed to flash,
im starting to think i have a dud here :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (1. November 2010, 12:10)

Montag, 1. November 2010, 12:58

That value of 158 is from a very old news entry. After some further testing the value has been changed to 169 since it is more accurate.

Well, now you definitely have to send it in because you won't be able to fix that yourself.

creekin

Montag, 1. November 2010, 13:35

i have just ordered a 2nd one, i will send this one back tomorrow

Its not the magic blue smoke as the pump still runs fine.
everytime i try to flash it it fails and AS i click the START button i get a very small puff of white smoke.

i stripped the loop and checked the impeller chamber first and all looks good.
then i checked the pcb and the main power cable on the left that comes from the pump to the pcb.
is NOT SOLDERED ON?!?!?!?!
the end of the cable is tinned, but it is not soldered to its socket.
the right one is.

very odd.

after a faulty temp sensor and now this, i am fast losing faith in my AC gear.
i will upload a pic shortly
»creekin« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • DSC01400.JPG
  • DSC01406.JPG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »creekin« (1. November 2010, 14:32)

Dienstag, 2. November 2010, 02:07

I wonder how that made it through quality control, I am interested on how this is resolved, I was just about to order some more AC parts. (Aquaero)

Of interest, I just brought an ASXT and Aquabox, when I unpacked the Aquabox there are scratches all over the front stainless steel panel, none on the perspex. The scratches must have been on the front before it was assembled, very poor quality control.

Lee

creekin

Dienstag, 2. November 2010, 03:12

So Shoggy,
what do you suggest I do with it?

my retailer suggested I organize RMA with you direct,
I am not happy about that as I bought it here (Oz) and not from Germany.

I would prefer to send it back to my retailer, have him replace it with the other he has in stock (on order to me) and then for him to chase it up with you.