• 18.04.2024, 22:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

psy4meuh

Dual AE5 Bugs

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 10:07

Hi,

Yesterday i received my two new Aquaero 5 LT...

Some notes :
- First of all, they will be mounted **inside** my pc case, that's why i ordered LT ... no need of diplays !
- Second, i need 7 controlled channels, with low power, that's why i ordered two aquaeros and not a bunch of PA2...
- And side-note : i already own two Aquaero 4 LT that will be replaced with these new AE5.

So, yesterday, i installed Aquasuite 2012, plugged the first AE5, updated its firmware to 1011 and start playing with it.... everything was good... what a great product !

But first problems came when i pluged the second AE5 and tried to update the firmware !
After 40 min, i saw the progressbar was stuck so i understood i should plug one AE5 at a time to flash them.
I then unplugged the USB on the already updated AE5, rebooted, and the update of the second gets OK (and fast :). So i could start playing with this one too !

New problem came when i re-plugged the first AE5 : every setting was LOST ! All fans @ 100% ! There is no eeprom like AE4 ?
I launch Aquasuite 2012 : Both AE5 are detected, but all sensors and fans name are blank on the first AE5 and controller page is empty !
So i started to investigate and try.... unplug... plug... reboot... re-plug ... and so on ! (Loosing all settings each time i unplug usb)

... but at a moment, i got both AE5s to show correctly in Aquasuite 2012.
I then remade my 'controllers', renamed all my fans and sensors...
... but weird things in the aquasuite again : Sensors names and values are mixed...
Sensors selection windows for 'controller' and 'virtual sensors' always show sensors from the second AE5 !

And finaly, this morning, when i started my computer, Aquasuite 2012 is again in weird state : All sensors name are blank, and controller page also !
"Real"-controls of fans plugged to AE5s seems ok, but no way to see that in Aquasuite.

Please tell me what you think of my story...
Does the current version of Aquasuite can handle two AE5 ?
AE5 is not supposed to save it's settings when unpowered ? What will happen each time i'll go to lanparties ?

RE: Dual AE5 Bugs

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 12:48

Hi,

Yesterday i received my two new Aquaero 5 LT...

Some notes :
- First of all, they will be mounted **inside** my pc case, that's why i ordered LT ... no need of diplays !
- Second, i need 7 controlled channels, with low power, that's why i ordered two aquaeros and not a bunch of PA2...
- And side-note : i already own two Aquaero 4 LT that will be replaced with these new AE5.

So, yesterday, i installed Aquasuite 2012, plugged the first AE5, updated its firmware to 1011 and start playing with it.... everything was good... what a great product !

But first problems came when i pluged the second AE5 and tried to update the firmware !
After 40 min, i saw the progressbar was stuck so i understood i should plug one AE5 at a time to flash them.
I then unplugged the USB on the already updated AE5, rebooted, and the update of the second gets OK (and fast :). So i could start playing with this one too !

New problem came when i re-plugged the first AE5 : every setting was LOST ! All fans @ 100% ! There is no eeprom like AE4 ?
I launch Aquasuite 2012 : Both AE5 are detected, but all sensors and fans name are blank on the first AE5 and controller page is empty !
So i started to investigate and try.... unplug... plug... reboot... re-plug ... and so on ! (Loosing all settings each time i unplug usb)

... but at a moment, i got both AE5s to show correctly in Aquasuite 2012.
I then remade my 'controllers', renamed all my fans and sensors...
... but weird things in the aquasuite again : Sensors names and values are mixed...
Sensors selection windows for 'controller' and 'virtual sensors' always show sensors from the second AE5 !

And finaly, this morning, when i started my computer, Aquasuite 2012 is again in weird state : All sensors name are blank, and controller page also !
"Real"-controls of fans plugged to AE5s seems ok, but no way to see that in Aquasuite.

Please tell me what you think of my story...
Does the current version of Aquasuite can handle two AE5 ?
AE5 is not supposed to save it's settings when unpowered ? What will happen each time i'll go to lanparties ?

I dont know about 2012 supporting 2 x A5s but it sounds like you got it working just fine.
You wont be able to save settings if you unplug your computer from power or turn it off at the power point.
The A5 has no battery or flash memory so when ever you unplug it you loose settings.
Hopefully in future they will make an option to save and then load settings from 2012 on boot.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

psy4meuh

RE : RE: Dual AE5 Bugs

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 13:06

I dont know about 2012 supporting 2 x A5s but it sounds like you got it working just fine.
I got it working once, just played minutes with them... just basic settings !
Now i'd like to fine adjust all settings, but i'm unable to get id display correctly again...

Zitat

You wont be able to save settings if you unplug your computer from power or turn it off at the power point.
The A5 has no battery or flash memory so when ever you unplug it you loose settings.
Hopefully in future they will make an option to save and then load settings from 2012 on boot.
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: That's realy annoying ! I'm already missing my AE4s !

RE: RE : RE: Dual AE5 Bugs

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 13:18

I got it working once, just played minutes with them... just basic settings !
Now i'd like to fine adjust all settings, but i'm unable to get id display correctly again...

Zitat

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: That's realy annoying ! I'm already missing my AE4s !

If you really having problems, i know it might be a pain but reflash each of them again 1 at a time.
You may have confused 2012 when you tried to flash with both connected.
No guarantees this will fix it but it might.
2012 identifies each unit by serial number so it shouldnt get them mixed up unless there is some data corruption somewhere or maybe a bug in 2012.

I did have some strange data being reported in 2012 once and I reflashed everything, uninstalled and reinstalled 2012 and it all been good ever since.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

psy4meuh

Dual AE5 Bugs

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 14:17

If you really having problems, i know it might be a pain but reflash each of them again 1 at a time.
You may have confused 2012 when you tried to flash with both connected.
No guarantees this will fix it but it might.
2012 identifies each unit by serial number so it shouldnt get them mixed up unless there is some data corruption somewhere or maybe a bug in 2012.

I did have some strange data being reported in 2012 once and I reflashed everything, uninstalled and reinstalled 2012 and it all been good ever since.
Ok, i just did this, and it seems to do the trick ! You're the man !
Reflashed both AE5 and re-install Aquasuite.... and it works fine now.

I'm still shocked by what you revealed me about the non-ability to save settings when unplugged !
Shoggy, can you confirm this plz ? I think this is a big downgrade from AE4...
Is this a hardware limitation, or simply a software (or firmware) feature that will come later ?

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 14:40

Shoggy has answered this before..
His answer was there was no room left on the board.. theres a lot of electronics jammed on their tight! Thats why there is no non-volatile flash memory or ROM.

hrmes

Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2011, 15:17

This sounds like a serious limitation! So in order not to lose saved settings the device has to be powered all the time - via USB presumably.

But what if you have configured your BIOS like me, not to power USB devices while the computer is off ?

Then Aquaero 5 will lose it's settings every time you shutdown your computer!

I don't like this at all. It may be a dealbreaker for me. :(

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, 03:27

Actually I rechecked what shoggy said and it was specific to the clock loosing time and needing USB power. I haven't tried unplugging my pc from power to see whether the settings and names are kept or not. I suspect the settings will be kept at least if not the names as well. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, 12:40

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure if this will help your situations, but i have had a couple of similar experiences with my AE5 pro.

I had the blank sensors and fans in Aquasuite, i think my problem may have been caused by some sort of USB conflict. I changed my mouse from wireless to wired mode (which is identifed by windows as a different device) and had some issues with connectivity between the aquasuite and the AE5 after this. I went to change the fan speeds and the AE5 wouldnt respond. I closed the Aquasuite and re-opened and the labels and settings were all blank like you have described.
Anyway I tried a few things to no avail, including a reset of the AE5. I finally got it going again by doing the following: I unplugged the USB cable, and noticed the (non responsive) menu for the AE5 was still in the aquasuite. I clicked on the purple gear picture next to the aquaero5 menu in aquasuite (the configuration icon thingo) in there i clicked the button labelled "delete device". I then closed the aquasuite. I plugged the AE5 back into the USB port, waited a few seconds for windows to recognise the device and then started the aqua suite. The sensor names returned and all was well.
I did have to re-apply my settings though as i had reset them on the aquaero.

Also, with the losing power issue, when my AE5 loses power either through unplugging the usb lead with the PC turned off or through whole pc power loss, im pretty sure it keeps the sensor and fan names (and i think the settings) but loses the current time. This might be automatically done through the aquasuite when it starts up if it isnt done by the AE5 itself.

Hope that all kind of makes sense

psy4meuh

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, 15:18

Also, with the losing power issue, when my AE5 loses power either through unplugging the usb lead with the PC turned off or through whole pc power loss, im pretty sure it keeps the sensor and fan names (and i think the settings) but loses the current time. This might be automatically done through the aquasuite when it starts up if it isnt done by the AE5 itself.
Since i flashed again my AE5s, i didn't tried again to completely unplug them... too afraid of loosing settings again.
I'll try it tonight and get back here... thx for info.

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, 16:45

Guys, just to note - I don't know why Phatboy thinks the A5 doesn't save your settings.

It won't save your settings if you switch off your system's power completely by just changing the settings in the Aquasuite 2012 software. HOWEVER, if you go to profile management on the unit itself, and save your settings to a profile it will retain your settings. Everything outside of the real-time-clock will be as you left it before switching off power.

How do I know? I tore my system apart for a rebuild this past weekend with my A5 unplugged for a day - plugged it back in and it retained all settings and all renamed profiles, fans and control curves.

I'd like to think Aquacomputer wouldn't strip a main feature like that from their units ;)

psy4meuh

Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, 17:06

Guys, just to note - I don't know why Phatboy thinks the A5 doesn't save your settings.

It won't save your settings if you switch off your system's power completely by just changing the settings in the Aquasuite 2012 software. HOWEVER, if you go to profile management on the unit itself, and save your settings to a profile it will retain your settings. Everything outside of the real-time-clock will be as you left it before switching off power.

How do I know? I tore my system apart for a rebuild this past weekend with my A5 unplugged for a day - plugged it back in and it retained all settings and all renamed profiles, fans and control curves.

I'd like to think Aquacomputer wouldn't strip a main feature like that from their units ;)
I also think this is a main feature that needed to be continued !
-- one side note : in my case, i have two AE5 LT, so no display nor buttons... how can i manage profiles ?

psy4meuh

Freitag, 10. Juni 2011, 08:00

Ok, i did the test again... and LT don't save settings when unplugged.
As other versions (with displays) are able to save settings into profiles, i hope that this function will become available througt aquasuite 2012 for LT version.

Freitag, 17. Juni 2011, 09:49

@psy4meuh: that the aquaero LT did not store the settings for a handful of people was a bug and has been fixed in the current beta 4 version.

@Phatboy69: you are wrong. Of course each aquaero variant keeps its settings - even without any connection to a power supply.