• 24.04.2024, 03:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

zaibatt

unregistriert

My system hangs on multiple tabs in Firefox

Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2009, 12:04

My system ( CPU 2.40 GHz & 512 MB of RAM ) hangs as I open more than 50 tabs in Mozilla Firefox. I want to open approx 500 tabs at a time in Firefox browser, should, I increase its memory or CPU or both or any other idea to improve the PC performance?

RE: My system hangs on multiple tabs in Firefox

Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2009, 12:28

My system ( CPU 2.40 GHz & 512 MB of RAM ) hangs as I open more than 50 tabs in Mozilla Firefox. I want to open approx 500 tabs at a time in Firefox browser, should, I increase its memory or CPU or both or any other idea to improve the PC performance?

Why would someone possibly want to open 500+ tabs???

There's no set maximum, but each tab takes up RAM based on what kinda webpage is loaded, and how much space it takes. Most pages these days are pretty complex with ads from a variety of sources, increasing their space, as well as the ability to go back and forward very fast storing a few (not all) previous pages in the back/forward cache. The more RAM you have, the more tabs you can have open quickly. Eventually, you'll run out of RAM and so your system will start swapping things out to disk and back as necessary.