• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 20.

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 18:05

Forenbeitrag von: »J-Pepper«

Re: new to wc and ac, need some advice

Holy moly! that's even more OTT than mine... and I though using a 360 was overkill for just my GPU, Ram, and subsystems!! You seem to have a radiator for each component in your system!! haha Rock on dude! ;D

Montag, 10. Oktober 2005, 14:44

Re: temps!

If the 1048 is adequately moving coolant around your loop, then it's fine. But you have to understand that for any water cooling loop faster flow rate will equal increased cooling performance up until a certain point. With a 1800 that you are using, i'm guessing that cooling performance can be improved with increased flow. You can test this yourself if you can adjust the speed of the pump... I have a setup here with a pump on a rheo. I can vary the voltage to the pump from off (0V) to full speed...

Dienstag, 27. September 2005, 03:14

Re: Look at Aquastream in hand before emailing AC

HAHAHAHA!! the last sentence really made me Laugh Out Loud for real! :

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 06:50

Re: my computer: pictures!

OMG!!! :o i'm running a widescreen 1280x854 display and yet I had to scroll miles and miles sideways, up and down ways and every other way just to see a corner of your rig. would really love to comment, but since I couldn't actually see a full picture of your rig as the photos are far too large, i'll leave it for another day.

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 06:45

Re: airplex heat disspation specifications

the 360 is overkill imo... a 120 is fine if you can live with higher temperatures a 240 is perfect for your needs a 360 is overkill or suitable if you intend to run your fans at 5v all the time. a 160? like the others have said.. i reckon you are pushing it... i'm bordering on the line of nope, it won't work. but the choice is up to you, always try to go for the biggest to you get based on your budget/space restrictions.

Freitag, 9. September 2005, 04:24

Re: Dual Aquadrives

Zitat von »Ze@lot« yes it would have only 1 water path straight down the middle. they must have just drilled straight down into a solid block of ally. tbh its the reason there is not enough fixing holes on the side blocks, they would have to go right in the path of the water flow. :-/ imo they would have been better to have the path of the water at the top, heat rising and all  : Misconception... heat is said to rise generally because it is usually referred to in the sense of a fluid (i.e. air ...

Mittwoch, 31. August 2005, 05:57

Re: Aquaero Dimensions.

Perfect! Absolutely perfect! Thank you very much.

Montag, 29. August 2005, 19:19

:-X Anybody else?

Montag, 29. August 2005, 07:16

yes that does seem obvious... but there is one slight snag... I don't have an Aquaero! I want to know the dimensions of the thing before I buy one.. because I can buy one then sibsequently find out that it doesn't fit = waste of money as I have no other place to mount it.

Sonntag, 28. August 2005, 22:17

Aquaero Dimensions.

I want to custom fit an aquaero into my case, but I will need the specifications and dimensions of the screw holes, the size of the PCB and more importnatly, the dimensions of the switches et al. Can anybody here help me? Ideally, I will need it mm perfect so I can see if it will fit and then have the case panel cut out. Thanks

Mittwoch, 24. August 2005, 03:26

Re: Ramplex

For all you UK folks.. here are a few photos of my recently purchased Ramplex (courtesy of Leftclicks). I prefer it keep the heatspreaders on, and it is perfectly do-able but with a yank, they can slide off as i'm not using any thermal paste/adhesive.

Freitag, 19. August 2005, 16:31

Re: Ramplex

Thanks for the reply guys... i think i'm going to keep my spreaders on as i'm not sure about peeling them off just yet, especially when I may be upgrading (and thus will need to sell these) at a later date. I regularly run 3V+ through them anyway... as long as there is some air flow over it (never needed a dedicated ram fan) then it seems to run fine.. But I think i'm going to have to use 2 of them, just for that *bling* *bling* factor ;D Cheers

Freitag, 19. August 2005, 01:39

Ramplex

Right... i've played with a Ramplex briefly and while I doubt its cooling potential, I am willing to pay the price just for the *bling* factor! Anyway.. on talking to the shop keeper, as he's just had them in, he's not too sure as to how you fit your ram in them... basically.. Do you take the heat-spreaders off or keep them on? (or can do both?) Any help appreciated as navigating the German portion of the site for answers is slightly more difficult with limited experience of the German language....

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005, 08:10

Re: 9/16” NPT --> plug 'n cool

Zitat von »Beun« Sounds perfect. Do you have pictures by any chance? You know that there is an even easier way of doing things... using simple stock parts. Firstly, buy a G1/8 thread 10mm barb (that's 3/8" sized) and then screw it into your Aquatube.. then, buy a 3/8" sized Danger Den Fillport. Lastly, get some 3/8" tubing and connect. If you don't want to use 3/8" tubing, then you'll have a harder time looking for (but it is available) a 3/8" female to G1/4 (equivalent) female reducer and then...

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005, 02:23

Re: 9/16” NPT --> plug 'n cool

Zitat von »stu_allen« I gave up on this exact question after spending about £50 trying various "multifit" p&c barbs. Used a 3/8  9/16-18 normal barb which was  a nice snug fit for my 10mm OD/8mm ID tubing. Where can I find companies that deal with these type of fittings, I would really like to use a Danger Den Maze4 chipset block with my AC loop, but Danger Den use 9/16" thread sizes.

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 17:13

Re: temps :S

Haha... I see where you are getting at and I don't want to start a flame war ;D, I see the advantages and disadvantages of both and I use both personally. I'm an engineer (not by profession though) and in theory using perfect models, it can be describe mathematically that the larger mass flow rate that can be achieved using larger bore setups are an advantage. But in reality, nothing is as perfect as it is on paper and there are many variables that are unknown to enable a true comparison. But th...

Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005, 14:29

Re: temps :S

This is why I still use an 1/2" set-up primary loop for my CPU only and then AC components for everything else (GPU, NB, Mosfets etc). From what i've seen, AC can't match 1/2" setups for pure performance.

Samstag, 15. Januar 2005, 19:08

Re: aquagATIx for 9800 Pro

I understand what you are saying, but this isn't my first water-cooling setup (i've been doing it for years). I have been using US style 1/2" setups until now and I want to use AC components for a 2nd loop in a new case mod i'm doing. But the current situation is that I am pelting (80W) my current 9800Pro and I don't want to reduce what I am currently running by moving to a new set-up and thus want to setup a loop to maximise cooling. This means I want 2 water-blocks on the GPU core... the main ...

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 19:17

Re: aquagATIx for 9800 Pro

Zitat von »Shoggy« Hi and welcome to the forum The Aquagratix is mounted with four plastic screws. On some cards you could only use two of them cause of the layout like here: Can the screws be replaced with longer metal screws? What size are they? Not sure I like the sound of just using plastic screws.

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 16:13

aquagATIx for 9800 Pro

I am going to ordering a mountain of products soon, but i'm unsure on something and want to clarify before I order. With the 9800Pro w/c, the aquagATIx, how does it attach to the card? If someone could post a detailed photo or provide a link it would be great. All of the pictures I have seen of the card do not show the back area of the card so I have no idea how it's setup. I have an idea to effectively 'clamp' 2 waterblocks on the 9800 Pro so the graphics card is sandwiched in-between. But if t...