• Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 67.

Thursday, November 18th 2021, 9:16pm

Author: WinstonWoof

Aquasuite is not installing

The obvious question is "why are you still running W7?" I mean I can understand why many people (inlcuding myself on my main machine) are not running W11 yet but W10 is mature enough by now surely ? Are there any specific programs you use that will only run under W7 ?

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 2:39pm

OCTO issue or...

Quoted from "InfoSeeker" Pump 1 was originally on PWM port 1, and I moved it to port 3 to check port failure. The problem appears to be with the pump, it looks like it is drawing too much current. Ahhhh Are both the pumps the same make/model or different then? I'm lucky in that he Pump on my EKWB Quanum FLT has a seperate power supply so all the octo does is PWM control rather than having to supply the full pump demand

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 9:05am

high flow LT connection cable

As its failed why not just cut the connecters off (leaving a short length at each end) and splice in new cable on a one to one basis using the colours(presuming its coloured) ?

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 8:59am

OCTO issue or...

Why not swap the Pump headers 2,3 & 7 to say 4,5 & 6 , configure them as you have done now on 2.3 & 7 and see if the problem persists FYI the max total load is 100W with each individual header being up to a max of 2o(or is it 25?) W

Thursday, November 4th 2021, 11:13pm

Control pump speed based on CPU/GPU load?

Modifed so the delay off is always applied so that the higher values are still sent to the relevant Virtual Sensors for a further 60 seconds (in my case) after load removed

Thursday, November 4th 2021, 10:53pm

In this very quick Demo (and I've quickly tweaked my settings to give me the pump speed I want at idle/low load (which is actually a virtual 30c) ) if you watch the pump speed on the bottom left as both the CPU & GPU go above 80% average load for the 30 second period I've defined as a buffer the Water Pump gets sent a virtual 100C which, based on the fan curve) ramps it up to 100%. Had I done a CPU or GPU only load there would have been a delay before the pump & radiator fans sped up https://www...

Thursday, November 4th 2021, 10:43pm

Quoted from "M4R7YN" WistonWoof - That virtual sensor is incredible! Really shows the power of AquaSuite I just wanted to say that I've really valued everyones input on this, even if it does sound like I've totally ignored it! I've decided to up the idle speed a little, although only to 1800 RPM, but I've taken Speedy-IV's advice and actually used the delta between ambient temp and coolant temp to control the pump speed. My plan to use the GPU/CPU load didn't quite work as I wanted to as the lo...

Thursday, November 4th 2021, 8:49pm

RE: Control pump speed based on CPU/GPU load?

Quoted from "M4R7YN" Hi all, just switched to an AC Octo and AquaSuite X46 from iCue (booo!) and I'm trying to figure out if I can do something a bit clever in terms of controlling the pump in my water cooling loop. What I'm hoping to do is to use the CPU/GPU load, preferably both but one or the other will do, to control the speed of the pump. At the moment I just have it running at a fixed PWM percentage but I'd like to vary between idle and full load. I've tried setting up something in Playgr...

Wednesday, October 27th 2021, 8:53am

aquasuite version X.45 seems to cause CPU throttling issues

question. How do you identify using HWINFO64 that Aquasuite is causing the throttling? Maybe I'm being thick but surely HWINFO64 only shows that something is happening *not* what's causing it ?

Tuesday, October 26th 2021, 8:17am

General Insider Version Question

If you're on an Insider Version and your licence expires before the full version released do you still get the full release version or do you have to uninstall and then reinstall to the last available previous full version ? (presuming you haven't renewed for any reason)

Saturday, October 23rd 2021, 10:26am

The best cooling? Sorry for all the posts, my phone will jus post the first sentence

So this is a roughly 30 minute snapshot from My PC: Osprey Approx 10 minutes of "idle" followed by 10 minutes of 100% CPU+GPU load (Cinebench & Heaven) and then a further 10 minutes of "idle" My Fan/pump control curve is hmmm why are my images not showing ? used the IMG BB tags Oh well http://sharetheexperience.co.uk/Osprey/30minuteexample.JPG http://sharetheexperience.co.uk/Osprey/CurveControl.JPG

Saturday, October 23rd 2021, 12:53am

New: aquasuite X.45 - Need input! / Controls on the desktop or in the system tray / New profile system

Although fair play, I like the new Inputs. First job was to create toggle buttons to switch between full fan speed and normal fan control

Saturday, October 23rd 2021, 12:36am

New: aquasuite X.45 - Need input! / Controls on the desktop or in the system tray / New profile system

Ok so I half wish I'd seen this before installing X45 as it wiped out all my previous custom notifications and emergency shut down routines BTW in the post above it might be an idea to put this bit in BOLD RED FONT at the top!! Attention: Due to the drastic changes, outputs (formerly notifications) and profiles have to be recreated after the update. These cannot be carried over, as the functionality has changed internally.

Tuesday, October 19th 2021, 11:28am

Octo:: 1 Fan from 5 Misbehaving

Had the following response from Sven @ Aquacomputer *SIgh* RMA time with Aquatuning (the dealer) however given that probably means being without the Octo for a potentially extended period I may just order another one -------------- Based on your description the PWM controller of the board must have been damaged. This usually happens by a backwards injected overvoltage. This is nothing that can be fixed by yourself. I recommend to return the device to your dealer.

Tuesday, October 19th 2021, 9:41am

Aquasuite intermittent issue

footnote : Forgot to add. What I've got is a .bat file on the desktop with the following lines in. Then I can just right click and run as administrator whenever I need to restart (usually after waking from sleep) the Aquacomputer services. --------------- @echo off net stop "Aqua Computer Service" net start "Aqua Computer Service"

Sunday, October 17th 2021, 12:08pm

RE: Aquasuite intermittent issue

Quoted from "Dippy" I have been using High Flow Next and OCTO with Aquasuite for a while now and they work well together. Unfortunately it seems that I have an intermittent issue between Aquasuite and my Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard. Occasionally after startup I will see that Aquasuite is reporting "---" for some of the sensors. They are always sensors from the ITE IT8688E chip. A reboot has always solved the problem, however I have now seen that whilst Aquasuite is not reading the me...

Sunday, October 17th 2021, 12:04pm

Aquasuite X.44 Potential Trojan Virus

Quoted from "Karsten Ravneng" Winstonwoof: Haha, just had the same thought while reading the post The other guy actually asking for help: There's nothing to worry about, antivirus software have been doing that for ages, like when installing a EA games and such. Antivirus programs are the Karens of the computing world, accusing 99% of files being a Trojan. It's Aquacomputer, and of top of that it is German, no need to worry (Hope you understood the sarcasm and my attempt to be funny, but really ...

Thursday, October 14th 2021, 11:57am

ok so mail fired over to the support address above summarising the issue as follows ------------------ Have had my Octo since May2021 and love both it and the associated Aquasuite software. Recently though I have observed that any fan (I've used multiple fans from Arctic, EZDIY & Corsair) connected to Fan Header 1 runs at a fixed speed regardless of Power input % and when set to 0% power continues to spin at that fixed speed even though the software reports 0RPM. Same fans connected to any other...

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 5:20pm

Quoted from "Remayz" oh duh.. me learns to read ze engliche you're doing better than I do with German

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 4:43pm

Quoted from "Remayz" support@aqua-computer.de if aquatuning doesn't ship to the UK, it may be best to go directly with AC. its the other way around, Aquacomputer don't (or didn't) ship to the UK hence why I had to go via a 3rd party

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 4:10pm

My PC: Osprey

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X RAM - 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3000 DDR4 GPU - GTX980Ti with XSPC Razor Waterblock Motherboard - Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite PC Case - Coolermaster Q500L (modified [raised & glass instead of plastic] & inverted) PSU - Corsair SF600 80+ Gold with Cablemod cables Boot SSD - Crucial P2 500GB NVME Data HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Resevoir/Pump - EKWB 360 Quantum FLT DDC CPU Waterblock - EKWB Classic Radiators - 2 x XSPC TX360 Crossflow Ultrathin Case Fans - EZDIY-FAB Moonlight ...

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 3:35pm

**SIGH** guess I'm going to have to play the who do I contact shuffle. www.aquatuning.co.uk who I bought the Octo from back in May (as Aquacomputer at the time and maybe currently) don't ship to the UK or direct with Aquacomputer? Either way it has to be the Octo (or more remotely but unlikely the software) as any fan, whether thats one of the arctic P12s, the EZDY or the corsairs I had lying around all exhibit the same symptoms ie any fan connected to Fan Header 1 runs at a fixed speed of aroun...

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 1:07am

and its also really annoying that you cant install an older version (I'm currently on X.44) to rule out an obscure software issue

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 1:02am

footnote: it appears ttat if I set the Power % on Fan Header 1 to anything from 1-100% it always reports the same speed (which from a comparison with "how it looks" when the other EZDIY fans are spinning at just over 600rpm seems to be the speed the fan is at all the time. At 0% it reports 0RPM but is still spinning at a visually unchnaged speed

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 12:58am

Aquasuite X.44 Potential Trojan Virus

I thought Kaspersky *was* the virus ;o)

Wednesday, October 13th 2021, 12:43am

Quoted from "Taubenhaucher" What happens if you define your own curve controller on other channels, or set PWM to 0% manually? With PWM fans there are different behaviors at 0% PWM, normally they go to 100% power, which would make the behavior of the fan on port 1 look normal for now. I think that by taking the controller from port 1, the OCTO controls the other ports differently. But that's just a guess that would have to be checked. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) SO w...

Monday, October 11th 2021, 7:54pm

Quoted from "Speedy-VI" OK my bad When I Googled the fans what I found on Amazon were DC fans. Your link is to PWM fans. Since they are PWM fans, it sounds like your Octo Fan Port 1 has a problem. I guess start and RMA. Good luck! That's the bit I was worried about ;o) I'm 99% certain it was working before the latest software update although this is the first time I've specifically checked as I've had a rebuild (been running this since earlier this year)

Sunday, October 10th 2021, 6:52pm

Quoted from "Speedy-VI" I Googled the EZDIY Fab Moonlight fans and found them on Amazon. I think these are cheapo 3-pin DC fans - not PWM controlled, which is part of the reason that a 6-pack of them with an RGB controller only costs $50. The Octo is designed to control PWM fans only. The Octo product page states, "All fan outputs are only suitable for PWM fans with four-pole connection plugs and are protected against overload.". I think the aquaero is the only Aquacomputer controller that can ...

Sunday, October 10th 2021, 11:19am

(apologies if this is a bit rambly) Ok so the setup on my Octo is Fan 1 = Rear Case Fan Fan 2 = Top Left Case Fan 3 = Top Right Case Fan 4 = Bottom Right Case Fan 5 =Bottom Left Case Fan 6 = Coolant Pump Fan 7 = Radiator A Fans Fan 8 = Radiator B Fans Case Fans are all identical EZDIY Fab Moonlight fans Radiator Fans are Arctic P12 PWM PST(3 per radiator) Coolant Pump is a EKWB Quantum FLT DDC I have Fan 1 set to a curve controlled by Water Temp Delta with all others set to use Fan 1 as control....

Tuesday, August 10th 2021, 10:33pm

Can Aquasuite control AIO & fans

depends on what you're using it with. My only experience is with the Octo in which case it has 8 controllable PWM outputs

Friday, August 6th 2021, 8:32am

OCTO software sensor no data

Created a Combined GPU+CPU temp sensor. Shut down (Fast Shutdown is enabled) Start Up Virtual Sensor reporting correctly. Repeat but with my task scheduler hack for sleep disabled, same thing

Friday, August 6th 2021, 8:25am

Ahhh have you got Fast Start enabled ?

Friday, August 6th 2021, 8:21am

Quoted from "Rol1n" Quoted from "WinstonWoof" is that after full shutdown or after sleep/hibernate ? If the latter I've had some issues with the service restarting properly and have put in a "fix" using task scheduler & a bat file Aquasuite service does not restart on Wake from Sleep After a full shutdown. I disabled hibernate. As far as i know, there's no problem with service itself as everything else is working fine (hardware monitoring etc.). I can restart it but there's no change in this "s...

Wednesday, August 4th 2021, 10:22pm

New: aquasuite X

you don't. Once you have the latest version it appears there is no going back

Wednesday, August 4th 2021, 9:42pm

is that after full shutdown or after sleep/hibernate ? If the latter I've had some issues with the service restarting properly and have put in a "fix" using task scheduler & a bat file Aquasuite service does not restart on Wake from Sleep

Sunday, August 1st 2021, 1:24pm

Aquasuite service does not restart on Wake from Sleep

@sebastian Have resolved the issue by creating a Task scheduler entry (set to run with highest priveledges) as per https://sumtips.com/how-to/run-program-w…leep-hibernate/ Which calls a restart.bat file saved into the aquasuite folder net stop "Aqua Computer Service" && net start "Aqua Computer Service"

Sunday, August 1st 2021, 7:02am

Aquasuite constantly crashes after sleep/wakeup

I havent checked my logs but this feels related to my issue where sebastian advised it should take approx 20 seconds for the Aquacomputer service to restart after wake (but in my case doesn't) Aquasuite service does not restart on Wake from Sleep

Tuesday, July 27th 2021, 8:10am

Quoted from "sebastian" After the resume from sleep the service need 10..20 seconds to resume the hardware monitoring. Are the other monitoring sensors (mainboard, network..) working? That may be the design however I can leave it for 2 minutes plus and it does not resume automatically. NB in my case none of the sensors are showing any data even though in Services.msc (as well as in AquaSuite) the Aqua Computer Service shows as Running. I have to restart the service to get any data

Monday, July 26th 2021, 10:46pm

GPU Data Issues after Swapping Out GPU

Just restarted the Aquasuite Service manually again and the GPU data reappeared

Monday, July 26th 2021, 10:09pm

Display Aquasuite on Specific Monitor

Damned annoying. Since the update to X.41 I dont seem to be able to resize the Aquasuite window across multiple monitors EDIT UPDATE Closed & Reopened and worked as expected

Monday, July 26th 2021, 9:56pm

GPU Data Issues after Swapping Out GPU

Removed GTX 950 (so I could use it in a mockup for another case) Replaced with Quadro FX400 DDU & install Drivers Noticed Aquasuite wasn't showing CPU or GPU temps Aquasuite also reported service not running Restarted in Admin Mode, Service fails to start. Started Service Succesfully via Services Still no CPU & GPU temps Reboot to safe mode and DDU again Power down swap back to GTX 950 Install drivers CPU temps showing Still no GPU temps All reports as expected in HWinfo Note no GPU Info availab...

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 9:04pm

fan controller by power never decreases voltage and unable to control fan

Quoted from "Remayz" No but they keep making them for people who still use 3 pins. But these are rare since you have to actually buy them specifically. The 3 pin fans people have are usually those i described, default case fans. Hell i still have old NFP12 in 3 pins, but i bought them for an i7 2600k when it came out.. that's what i mean If people have the choice, they will get PWM, they are way easier and more precise to drive, more so today when cases use so many fans and splitters become com...

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 12:54pm

Aquasuite X.41 Temp Sensor Misreporting

and also not its not hidden in what is currently a 27 page (& expanding thread) The changelog I found is easy to digest and find as it cant be commented on unlike the (helpful) link you provided

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 12:53pm

Quoted from "InfoSeeker" Quoted from "WinstonWoof" On the Changelog front it (English and German) hasnt been updated since Jan 2021 and has X.30 as the latest version aquasuite changelog - English You found a discontinued thread. Here is a link to the current CHANGELOG, which is linked on the SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD page. Ta Still needs tidying up though. The thread I found was the most recent in the sub forum immediately above this one

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 11:52am

On the Changelog front it (English and German) hasnt been updated since Jan 2021 and has X.30 as the latest version aquasuite changelog - English

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 11:43am

Upgrading the firmware has resolved the temp sensor reading issue in X.41 although, as anticipated, the other W10 install running X.39 is now reading ambient as 100c instead. Little tip for the developers . If a version of the software is firmware dependent then during software install you should be prompted to also upgrade the firmware/carry out firmware upgrade as part of software upgrade. (And please don't tell me that its hidden in a changelog that the firmware has to also be upgraded as tha...

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 11:34am

Just noted that according to ASX.41 firmware also requires update. Will try that and report back

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 11:32am

SInce upgarding to X.41 as simple calculation steps to display Delta temps are returning negative values. Actually looking at it It appears to be be misreading the Ambient Temp as 100 NB I still have X.39 on the other W10 install on this same PC and that is reporting the ambient temp correctly so not hardware issue

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 11:18am

Aquasuite service does not restart on Wake from Sleep Have to open up Services and restart it manually Is this a known issue and is there an automated workaround? W10 Version 21H1(OS Build 19043.1110) Issue seen on Aquasuite X.40 AND X.41