• 25.04.2024, 08:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-44 von insgesamt 44.

Montag, 12. November 2007, 23:57

Forenbeitrag von: »virtualrain«

Lost fan control on one channel of Aquaero...

Did I blow one of the fan control channels? Up until yesterday it was working fine (controlling an OCZ memory cooler and a 120mm fan) but now the fans run at full speed and I can't control them.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2007, 19:19

Re: Aquasuite and two Aquaero's

Update: I am no longer getting the unknown device error above. However, I can only get both Aquaero's to be seen in Aquasuite if I unplug one of the USB headers and plug it back in after Vista has loaded.   If I leave both USB headers connected to the motherboard as you normally would, only one of the Aquaero's will be recognized when Vista starts. I don't know if this is a USB issue, a Vista issue, or an Aquaero issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2007, 19:17

Re: Aquaero firmware not remembering relay setting

Zitat von »x-stars« Long time (about 2 years) ago, but in that times you had to flash the firmware after changing the relais-setting because the aquaero needs to know the settings before booting and thus before there is eeprom-access. So, set it once again to your favourite setting and then reflash the firmware. Don't forget the eeprom-reset afterwards. This worked. Thanks!

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 22:31

Yes to both. It also happens on both of my Aquaero's so it's not an isolated problem.

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 05:21

Calibrating Thermal Probes

What's a good way to get the thermal probes calibrated. I've tried shutting the PC down and letting it sit overnight so that all thermal probes should be at room temperature by morning. I also place a good thermometer next to the case and in the morning turn on the sysetm and note the values of the various probes. For example, if room temp is 21.1 deg, and a probe says 22.1 when I turn it on, I'll set a -1.0 offset for that probe. The problem is that after a couple of mornings of doing this, the...

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 05:15

Yes... good suggestion, but I'm using the "Save data to EEPROM" in the "Extras" menu after adjustments. It seems to remember everything else I set, except for the relay parameters.

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 00:06

Aquaero firmware not remembering relay settings!

Hi, both my Aquaero's will not retain the relay settings after a power cycle. I have tried to set them both to "Power Switch" but everytime the power is cycled on the PC, they come up set to "ATX-Break Line" which renders my PC's power switch unusable. I have been forced to disconnect my power switch from the motherboard and use the powerswitch on the motherboard instead... otherwise I can't even power my computer on. Thanks for any help with sorting this out.

Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007, 22:01

Thanks Stephan... I didn't notice this at first because other windows were blocking it but... There is an error being thrown by Vista x64 when both are connected... If I connect just one, it works fine and Aquasuite can manage it. Any help you can provide to sort ths out would be helpful.

Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007, 12:03

It's just what I wanted to do. I know there are alternate ways, but I have three loops each with a DDC pump and a set of fans for the rads and I wanted the ability to shut down the system if the RPM on any of the 6 related channels hit zero. I still need some advice for accessing the second Aquaero via the software... Anyone?

Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007, 11:10

Aquasuite and two Aquaero's

Hi, I have two Aquaero's in my system... How can I get Aquasuite to see or control both or switch between them?  Right now when I start Aquasuite it only seems to work with one of the Aquaero's. I tried using the "Find USB Device" on the Extras menu but it didn't help. Thanks!

Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2007, 23:49

Extending the Aquaero or adding a 2nd one...

Hi, I have an Aquaero and I'm setting up a new rig with three water cooling loops... so I want to be able to monitor the RPM of 6 things... - Fan RPM on RAD1 - Pump RPM on Loop1 - Fan RPM on RAD2 - Pump RPM on Loop2 - Fan RPM on RAD3 - Pump RPM on Loop3 I will also have a water temp probe in each loop and use that to regulate the speed of the fans and pumps (through a DC-DC regulator circuit) in each loop. I want to be able to shut down the system in the event that any RPM sensor reads zero. Sin...

Dienstag, 23. Januar 2007, 02:58

Re: aquasuite beta: .NET 2.0

Zitat von »Shoggy« Oh my god... NOW, I hope this function will come, so you can see for yourself how stupid that is... So what would you use to control fan speed?  Water temperature? The problem with water temperature is that it fluctuates with room temperature.  If your room temperature goes up during the heat of the day but your computer is still at idle, your fans will go to high speed unnecessarily.  How do you solve this? I've tried putting a thermal probe on the side of the IHS of the CPU...

Montag, 22. Januar 2007, 23:20

Zitat von »Shoggy« Using core temps for controlling the fans is only one thing: stupid! The core temperature can jump from 30 to 50°C in a few seconds. How do you want to use that for controlling? ;D The fans would go crazy: up, down, up, down... I respectfully disagree. When the core temperature goes from 30 to 50-deg C you want your fans to ramp up immediately. Core temp's don't fluctuate that much... when the CPU is under load they are high and when its not under load they quickly fall. Ther...

Montag, 22. Januar 2007, 01:42

Can we have Aquasuite read temperatures from the shared memory space of Speedfan? Speedfan is very common and covers almost all hardware. This would allow Aquasuite to set fans and pumps based on CPU core temperatures which would be very helpful. http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Montag, 30. Oktober 2006, 01:31

Re: Flow Meter Setup

Yeah... I'll try that. Perhaps Aqua Computer can actually fix this in an upcoming firmware update???

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 21:55

Zitat von »Infiltraitor« Because it's designed for use with AC gear, which is low flow. Why don't you just set it up so that the Aquaero displays a scaled flow - 1/3 of actual flow for example? That way you'll still be able to monitor it, just x3 for the true reading. I don't think that will work... the problem is likely that the Aquaero can't handle more than a certain # of pulses per second and scaling it back means increasing the imp/l which means the problem will just recur at the same poin...

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 21:46

Zitat von »Shoggy« There is no limit of 180. Just play around with the settings and you will see much higher values. What do you mean by "play around"? Sure, I can change the imp/l but then its not accurate. How do I get accurate flow readings at 700imp/l above 3lpm?

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 11:07

Thanks for clarifying. Is this a hardware limitation or a software limitation? Why on earth would they design it to only 180lph which is only 3lpm... That's a terrible limitation! I'm terribly disappointed... I spent a lot of money on my Aquaero, flow meter, and fittings to put it all together only to find this!

Montag, 23. Oktober 2006, 06:01

I have some additional information... If I set the Aquasuite imp/l to 700 as recommended by Remag, the flow meter is accurate until the flow exceeds about 3 lpm (180lph) then the Aquaero has major problems... beyond that, it will report the flow as about 5lph! Totally wrong! Is this possibly a problem with the Aquaero or is it my flow meter? Is the Aquaero unable to handle the # of pulses generated by the flow meter at flow above 3lpm? According to the the specs, the Remag is valid from 2lpm to ...

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 20:53

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening here?

Montag, 16. Oktober 2006, 01:34

Dual DDC Ultra 18W pumps (Alphacool Top) in series. I measured the flow through my loop from a large bucket full of water to a graduated bucket and the flow was about 6l/m or about 1.5 gpm... that's not unrealistic for a large bore setup. 6l/m = 360l/h right?

Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006, 10:54

Flow Meter Setup

Hi, I have a Remag flow meter... http://www.remag.ch/vision.php?language=4&sub=1&tab=2 It specifies 700 imp/l When I tested my loop flow before installing the flow meter, it was about 6 l/m (360 l/h). Now with the flow meter in place, it shows a flow reading of about 36 l/h so it's off by a factor of 10. If i change the setup to 70 imp/l in Aquasuite, then of course, it outputs the correct value. I'm not sure if my flow meter is defective, if Aquasuite has a bug, or if I'm missing something... c...

Mittwoch, 6. September 2006, 06:06

Re: Temp sensor setup in Aquasuite...

Does anyone know what these settings do? Someone must?!

Mittwoch, 6. September 2006, 06:05

Re: new: poweradjust USB for Laing® pumps

How about a screen shot of the software in English?

Montag, 28. August 2006, 23:04

Temp sensor setup in Aquasuite...

Can anyone explain what the following sensor settings are for in Aquasuite? - "Sensor Factor" (slider ranges from -128 to +128, default is 0) - "Controller Factor" (slider ranges from 0 to 100, default is 2) Thanks.

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 04:32

Re: New Aquaero... a few questions...

Ok... I have it up and running. I have a few additional questions however... 1. The aquaero appears to be using German... can I change the language of text it displays to English? 2. What is the current process for properly updating the firmware (mine came with 4.09a)... the instructions at the following link seem out of date and I'm not sure which steps are valid or not: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=1760 3. Can you keep the LCD display on the Aquaero cycling indefinitely... ...

Donnerstag, 24. August 2006, 22:34

New Aquaero... a few questions...

I just received my Aquaero today and I have a few questions... 1. Do you install Aquasuite and then connect the Aquaero or vice-versa? 2. I see on the Aquacomputer website that the latest version of software/firmware is 4.39/4.10... released March 7 2006... Is this correct? 3. Will my Aquaero therefore likely have the most current firmware pre-installed? 4. I have .NET v1.1 and v2 installed. Do I need to remove v2 or will it be fine with both installed? Are there any things a newbie should be aw...

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 20:36

Re: Swissflow or Remag flow meters

Zitat von »Shoggy« You can use the remag flow meter. A value of 700 imp/l is no problem for the aquaero. 2500 imp/l is the maximum which the aquaero can handle. Thanks! Has anyone here used this flow meter?

Dienstag, 15. August 2006, 12:01

Swissflow or Remag flow meters

Hi will either/both of these flow meters work with the Aquaero? Swissflow SF800 (6100 pulses/l): http://www.swissflow.com/ Remag Vision 2000 (700 pulses/l): http://www.remag.ch/vision.php?language=4&sub=1&tab=2 I recall reading somewhere that the Aquaero has a limit on the pulses per liter that would prohibit it's use with the SF800... is that true? What is the Aquaero limit on pulses/l? Has anyone purchased either of thse recently? What is the best way to buy one/where? How has it worked? How m...

Mittwoch, 9. August 2006, 05:47

Re: Aquaero Fan Voltage Output

Zitat von »Shoggy« Not really because you can't set 33% as a maximum limit. Hmmm, that sucks. Zitat von »Shoggy« edit: btw, what kind of hardware is that? Each channel can only handle up to 10W (max. 30W all together). I answered this three posts up... see the thread... Minimal power is required, it's just control voltage for an op-amp which in-turn controls a mosfet.

Mittwoch, 9. August 2006, 04:17

Zitat von »Shoggy« I can provide 0-12 volt but you can not adjust it as volt. The aquaero reffers to a range of 0-100% power. Maybe you should use a multimeter and test which setting in percent will provide around 4 volt. Can the software vary a fan from 0-33% in this case based on a temperature, or does it only work on a 0-100% spread? Ideally, I would like it to set the output to 0% below a certain temp. 33% above a certain temp. and varied linearly in between. Can the Aquaero software do thi...

Mittwoch, 9. August 2006, 04:00

Re: SilentMaxx 500W PSU with water cooling

Thanks JaR, you are very helpful! Have you come across any tests of its efficiency?

Mittwoch, 9. August 2006, 03:57

See this thread... about half way down. Someone has developed a nice little circuit to control a Liang DDC pump using a PWM or analog voltage input. I've been corresponding with him. $35 for the whole thing. http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?p=277822 I understand that Aqua Computer is also working on some kind of pump control for the Liang pumps via the Aquaero, it will be interesting to see what their solution is.

Dienstag, 8. August 2006, 22:23

Aquaero Fan Voltage Output

Hi, does the fan outputs of the Aquaero output voltage over the full 0-12V range? I have a device that is controlled by voltage between 0-4V... will the Aquaero have any problem with this?

Dienstag, 8. August 2006, 11:21

Re: SilentMaxx 500W PSU with water cooling

Can anyone provide some pointers to some information? Thanks!

Mittwoch, 2. August 2006, 21:18

SilentMaxx 500W PSU with water cooling

Hi, does anyone here own one? Can you please share your experiences? Also, I see there are a couple of threads in the German forums on this product... could someone who understands German and English please post a summary of user's findings here in English? Thanks!

Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006, 14:45

Re: Using Aquaero to control other pumps?

Zitat von »JaR« The controller you are refering to will be able control the Laing DDC pumps. That's excellent! I look forward to being one of the first to buy one!

Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006, 10:30

Using Aquaero to control other pumps?

What are the options for controlling non AquaComputer pumps with the Aquaero? It seems that with the limit of 10W per channel on the fan controllers, this cannot be used without modding or using some intermediate power supply/divider. There was mention of a controller in another thread coming in a few weeks? What will this do? What pumps can it control? I'm interested in controlling either a DDC Ultra pump (18W) or a D5 (23W).

Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006, 10:26

Re: Insight into Aquaero fan controller workings?

Zitat von »Stephan« We will lauch a controller in a few weeks. Maybe this will be your solution. What does this mean?  Can your provide more information?  What kind of pumps will this control? I'm actually leaning towards the 18W DDC Ultra pump now.  The MCP655/D5 sounds too loud for me. Thanks! EDIT:  Actually, I'm going to start a new thread on this since we have diverted subjects... (See thread titled "Using Aquaero to control other pumps")

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 21:09

Re: Insight into Aquaero fan controller workings?

Zitat von »Infiltraitor« ^ Probably because the MCP655 he's looking at can hit 1200 l/h and has 1/2" barb connectors - it's intended for larger bore loops. That's correct.  And note, I never proposed controlling the MCP655/D5 pump directly... I know it's power requirements far exceed the output of the Aquaero. However, the MCP655/D5 pump has a POT which simply acts as a voltage divider to the pump's microcontroller to set the operating speed of the pump.  My question is, a fan controller, like ...

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 09:17

Insight into Aquaero fan controller workings?

Hi, I'm curious, does a fan controller like the Aquaero work simply like a variable potentiometer? Is that the basic principle behind it... providing a voltage across the pins proportional to the "electronic" pot setting? Is it therefore safe to assume that most fan controllers and the Aquaero could replace the POT on the D5/MCP655 pump that is used to control the speed? Here's a thread on [H]... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1068890 I may try this mod if folks who understand the Aqu...

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 09:09

Re: Aquastream pump controller

Zitat von »Stefan« Hi, no, you can just use the aquastrem with the aquaero. Cheers Stefan That's not a very insightful response. Why? I understand that the aquastream is actually a 9V AC pump which is probably fairly unique. Is that why?

Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006, 11:40

Aquastream pump controller

I plan on buying an Aquaero controller - this is great stuff. Q1:  For the aquastream pump controller, what is the maximum amps the controller can provide to the pump? I ask because based on what I have read in the Aquacomputer documentation, it would appear that the aquastream controller could control any 12VDC pump since the only connection between pump and controller is 12V.   EDIT: Actually it may be AC and not 12V DC... Is that correct? Q2:  I know that officially, the controller is only fo...