• 24.04.2024, 00:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-50 von insgesamt 51.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 16:46

Forenbeitrag von: »MrToad«

High Speed Aquabus, what's the maximum cable length?

Zitat von »Shoggy« The maximum length will depend on many things and will also vary from system to system. Keep that as short as possible. 2.5m already sounds very critical to me. Well, that tips the balance really... I'm getting the new flow sensor and pressure sensor and runnin the whole thing via USB. At least I know I can run a 3m USB cable without breaking a sweat.

Montag, 3. September 2012, 16:50

RE: RE: PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

Zitat von »Phatboy69« Zitat von »MrToad« I'm having a bit of difficulty with my new project, sorry to be a pest with the questions... Unfortunately the firmware for AE5 LT to be used as a "slave" unit is not ready yet (a fellow forum member tells me in a different thread) so I had to go back to the drawing board. I have two PA2s connected via Aquabus to an AE5 XT. If I connect an "old school" flow sensor (High Flow G1/4) to the flow sensor header of one of the PA2s will I be able to get the flo...

Montag, 3. September 2012, 14:28

PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

Zitat von »LarryWill729« The OLD school flow sensor needs to be connected to the Aquero 5 on the flow connector. I have seen posts that imply the sensor can be connected to the PA2's but I am not sure. But if a flow sensor is connected to the PA2, the data will show up in AS2012. Jajjajajaja, sorry, had to laugh... that's a lot of words to say that you are exactly where I am: "It should work but I'm not sure it will" Thanks for taking the time to reply and for making me chuckle though Zitat von...

Montag, 3. September 2012, 14:12

How would you hook all of this together?

Zitat von »LarryWill729« Happy hair pulling! This is a wonderful system, and very flexiable, unfortunatly, the documentation really sucks. Some times I think of starting a thread for the English Speakers to write the manuals for AC based on lessons learned here in the forums, but then I wke up and the nightmare is over. Sorry for the OT but I second that... I think starting a Wiki wouldn't be a bad idea... If you are fluent in German there is a wealth of (user contributed and generated via dev/...

Montag, 3. September 2012, 12:54

PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

I'm having a bit of difficulty with my new project, sorry to be a pest with the questions... Unfortunately the firmware for AE5 LT to be used as a "slave" unit is not ready yet (a fellow forum member tells me in a different thread) so I had to go back to the drawing board. I have two PA2s connected via Aquabus to an AE5 XT. If I connect an "old school" flow sensor (High Flow G1/4) to the flow sensor header of one of the PA2s will I be able to get the flow reading in Aquasuite 2012? Also the new ...

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 19:04

Use the relay on the Aquaero 5 to remotely start an ATX PSU, is it possible?

Zitat von »chippie« Man, if I was moving the rads to the basement, then I would grab a water chiller, no need for fans or probably even rads! I thought on water chiller before but once you go below dew point things get... complicated. Power consumption is high, many watercooling parts don't get along with low temperatures (especially if they combine metal and thermoplastics), everything needs to be insulated, and neither my CPU nor my GPU are amazing clockers... I sincerely doubt I could squeez...

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 15:14

RE: Double check before i order an A5 LT

Zitat von »Drew-k« Could I to cut corners for the time being run 2 of those pumps off just the A5 LT's one connector? Nope... You can't draw 36W out of a single channel. Technically you should be able to draw 18W per channel, but I'd recommend using the headers in opposite sides of the row (1 and 4 for instance). The heatsink attached to the AE5 LT would be highly recommedable too (not sure if the AE5 LT ships with heatsink these days, mine didn't), and some air flow (not a dedicated fan per se...

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 09:50

Zitat von »LarryWill729« Very Interesting experiment. If I understand your goal, the Radiator and fans/pumps are in the basement and the PC itself is upstairs, correct? Correct... I sanitized the basement and then improved the acoustic insulation using the ultimate Shoggy sandwich: Layers of asphaltic membrane sandwiched between plasterboard sheets with narrow air chambers in between. Works a treat and is something you can do yourself for cheap as long as you have some basic DIY skills and some...

Samstag, 1. September 2012, 00:00

HI beautiful people I'm knee deep now into moving all the cooling equipment to the basement and I'm wondering... Can you use the relay header on the AE5 to start an ATX PSU? I have the fans, air in/air out etc. etc. temp probes and other stuff connected to an AE5 LT, and I'm using a standard ATX PSU to power it (and the pump via a 12v to 24v step-up converter). The AE5 LT is going to be linked via Aquabus to the AE5 XT that is in my computer. What I was planning to do is just put a (permanent) s...

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 20:54

Zitat von »LarryWill729« First, I am not an electrical Engineer or an employie of AC. But, I have seen Shoggy post on other threads that the AQ5 will handle 8 PA2's and Two Aquastream pumps on the High Speed bus with the current firmware. with room to spare for more. Given that Aquastream pumps have Aquabus addresses of 10 or 11, and the PA 2 addresses are 50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57, and up to 4 MPS sensors can be connected as well. I don't think there is really a limit to the Aquabus daisy chain ...

Sonntag, 12. August 2012, 22:19

Hi beautiful people: As the subject reads, what would be the maximum cable length for the High Speed Aquabus? Also what cable would be preferable for a long run? Twisted pair like network cable? Shielded like USB2.0/3.0 cable? Or it doesn't really matter? Thanks EDIT:Whoops, forgot... How many devices can you daisy-chain on the Aquabus?

Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2010, 11:32

Suggestion: Support for Dallas SC/MAXIM DS18S20/DS18B20 digital temp probes

Zitat von »Weihnachts-Shoggy« The aquaero can not be modified to use sensors like that. That's a shame... It would be the icing on the cake Maybe one day we'll have an "Aquatemp" module, who knows

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010, 16:28

Suggestion: Support for Dallas SC/MAXIM DS18S20/DS18B20 digital temp probes

Any plans to add support for these? Using the all-too-common 10k NTC resistor based probes might be an inexpensive way to measure temperature, but you do get rather unreliable results... I'd say +- 3C is about as accurate as they get. I don't think dropping support for "analog" probes is a good idea, but adding the option of using digital ones (maybe as an add-on board?) would be great...

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 21:49

Aquaero, display shows wrong characters, Aquasuite doesn't detect it properly

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« I suggest you PM Sebastian or perhaps Shoggy might now what's up. Seems to me that your computer thinks both devices are the same for reasons I don't know. Do you have the latest Gigabyte BIOS? I may as well do that... maybe there's a solution that doesn't involve changing the motherboard And yeah, I have the latest bios for this mobo. Thanks a lot for your help tho

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 02:31

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« Why not hook the Multi-Switch directly to the Aquaero through the Aquabus? What happens when you take out the hub altogether? Thought on that, but you can't use the PWM function through the aquabus, is just on or off... Oh, and when I don't use the hub, and just connect the devices to the MB headers or the USB ports on the laptop, the result is the same... If it wouldn't happen in WinXP too I'd blame Win7, but it happens in both... Must be that they don't like GigaByte boa...

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 01:06

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« Some ASUS boards are known for this kind of problem. Are you using the latest Aquastream and Aquaero firmware and software. Yup yup... I've tried to change OS (I was using the 64 bit version of Win7), but I have the same problem in WinXP Pro. Incidentally I have the same problem connecting the hub to the laptop, or indeed connecting both the Aquaero and the Multiswitch directly to USB ports in the laptop without using a hub. To be fairly honest, it's doing my head in I'm r...

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:28

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« Do you have an ASUS motherboard? Nope... GigaByte EP45-UD3P, why?

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 19:47

Righty... I actually haven't changed the address on anything yet because I have nothing connected through aquabus as it was giving me grief no end. Even using good quality shielded cables, I think the runs are too long for the I2C bus. All the devices are connected via USB to a hub inside the computer that's connected to one of the motherboard headers. Will look into the address issue tho, thanks for the suggestion EDIT: Setting the address via jumper on the multiswitch had no effect. However, I...

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 03:14

Quick follow-up... After clearing the little derivation, everything *seemed* to work OK... but it doesn't LOL There's a glitch that's driving me through the road of insanity... I have 2 x Aquastream XT, 1 x Poweradjust, 1 x Multiswitch and 1 x Aquaero. Now, the Poweradjust and the Aquastreams are fine. They're detected as HID devices and always "seen" by Aquasuite. However, the Aquaero and the Multiswitch have become mutually exclusive. Either one or the other are detected and "mounted" as HID d...

Sonntag, 6. September 2009, 11:47

Hahhahahahhahahah! Thanks Top_Nurse I took it apart and there was a single, tiny and lonely strand of copper cable making a derivation between two SMCs. Most likely it found it's way inside the computer case when I was terminating the cables (had to make plenty of custom cables for this project) and then entropy made the rest of the work. I've cleaned the PCB thoroughly and now it works fine again I feel a bit stupid now :blush: Hopefully it caused no permanent damage. Time will tell Bless ya yo...

Samstag, 5. September 2009, 21:14

As the subject line reads really... It's been working OK for a couple of months, then suddenly the display started showing squares rather than characters, and Aquasuite detects it as "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ" (the tab is no longer called "Aquaero" but that...) Then sensor names and other stuff becomes "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ" too, and everything goes to hell in a bicycle. I've tried re-flashing the firmware, disconnecting everything... same result. Any ideas?

Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009, 00:10

RE: Some Question About Aquaero

Zitat von »GalileoFigaro« 1 - Can i use a usb hub for connect the aquaero, aquaswitch, tube meter, aquastream XT etc...... i have some free usb in my mainboard and i don´t want loose¡¡¡ Tonight I fired up for the first time the Aquastream XTs, Aquaero, Poweradjust and Multiswitch. They're connectec to a USB hum that I've conveniently placed inside the case. All of them are recognized by the sofware. However, I haven't had time to check if all functions are operational, or to check for long term...

Donnerstag, 2. Juli 2009, 20:44

Aquastream XT USB, connect to Aquabus on Multiswitch or on Aquaero?

Zitat von »Shoggy« You can use the aquabus like in the picture above but it is highly recommend to connect everything via USB. Especially the multiswitch will only act as a simple on/off switch if you connect it to the aquaero. Only with USB you will be able to control the channels in several steps, using scripts and so on. Also the aquastream XT will offer much more controlling and monitoring features when connected to USB. The aquabus connection allows only a few basic functions. Thanks a lot...

Montag, 29. Juni 2009, 21:51

about aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller

The Aquaero has a dedicated header for flow sensors. You only need to use the 4th channel if you want to connect a 2nd one. Therefore you can still use all 4 fan channels if you only have 1 flow sensor

Montag, 29. Juni 2009, 19:00

Aquastream XT USB, connect to Aquabus on Multiswitch or on Aquaero?

Righty, so I have 2 x Aquastream XT USB, and I'm wondering if it matters whether I connect them to the Aquabus in the Multiswitch instead of the one in the Aquaero (both are connected through USB as well) for firmware flash purposes etc. etc. Reason being, both pumps are just 15 cm away from the Multiswitch but about 1 M away from the Aquero (routing the cable properly). Being the Aquabus a I2C bus, and the cables unshielded, 1M runs might be a bit too much... Also, do I need to connect the Mult...

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2009, 19:08

BEWARE of aquacomputer's FLOW SENSOR!

The connector on the flow meter side is a JYK 3.96mm (0.156in) pitch. You can find the connector (choose the 3W one, for "three way" not for "three Watt" ) here and the terminals that go with it are these. Unfortunately I have not the faintest idea where to get them outside the UK (not because they're exclusive or anything, is just that I've never searched for them overseas ) The connector on the Aquaero side is the usual 3-pin molex you find in fans. These are pics of the original cable: Both p...

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 20:22

Can the multiswitch handle two LEDs per channel?

Zitat von »Shoggy« You should not use more than one LED with the LED outputs. Thanks man I'll run the other two from a 12V source then... Won't be so "funky" to make light effects (want to put one LED on each front intake) but still will get the job done

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 00:14

Wire Diagram For Aquastream Xt Ultra & Aquaero

Zitat von »Shoggy« You could only use the aquabus but this way you will lose a lot of controlling and monitoring options! So I would highly recommend to connect the pump via USB too. Thanks I actually bought a 7 port USB hub to mount it inside the case (ah, the joys of having space!) for all the trinkets. With the Aquaero, 2 x Aquastream, Multiswitch, Poweradjust, GX Typhoon display, front USBs and other stuff... There are not enough headers in the MB LOL! I hope all the AC stuff can work all r...

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 22:13

Multiswitch Script Generator NG - *v1.2*

Thanks for keeping us updated

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 20:30

Thanks for the reply That site has actually been in my favourites for quite a while (that's how I came up with the power consumption value among other things ) However, in this particular case I'd rather know how much power the SMRs on the dedicated LED output of the Multiswitch can handle before going ahead an doing it. Although not recommendable (it's always best to use one resistor per array) you can run multiple arrays from one resistor as long as the resistor itself can handle the power con...

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 19:48

Can Aquastream XT Standard shut down the system based on a flow rate

Personally I'd go for the AC one (option 2). You can have a read here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show…ight=flow+meter Unfortunately I don't have links to any reviews of the Koolance one, but I have three of the AC ones and I'm rather happy with them.

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 19:43

Wire Diagram For Aquastream Xt Ultra & Aquaero

This is going to read really dumb but... does the Aquastream have to be connected to the MB (via USB) and the Aquaero (via Aquabus) or just the Aquabus is fine?

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 13:50

Rather than asking this question privately to Shoggy I thought it might be of interest for someone else as well... So, as the subject reads really... The LEDs I'm using would dissipate 40 mW (approx) putting 2 in a parallel array (don't think I can "rig" them in series from a 5V source), could the 100 ohm resistor handle this power consumption? Most "regular" resistors are 1/4 W, but I have not the faintest idea how much SM ones can handle. I know it's not the best practice to run two LEDs in pa...

Freitag, 24. April 2009, 01:54

NEW! high flow sensor

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« Whoever told you size doesn't matter had a whee whee. Hahahahhhahahahaha! I was going to say that the first person I heard that from was my mother, but there's something inherently wrong about how that reads Zitat von »Top_Nurse« The original U flow meter's (Digimesa) flow was predicated upon a 3.3 mm hole. Some people reversed the flow through the meter and was able to use the approx 6mm hole inlet and boring out the original input. The Digimesa flow meters (unless they h...

Dienstag, 21. April 2009, 22:42

NEW! high flow sensor

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« It's the size of the hole that matters. So, in the end, size does matter? Anyway, call me skeptical if you may, but I'll follow my instinct and rig them the same way the original flow meter is rigged...

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:55

NEW! high flow sensor

Zitat von »fox3« I thort I read a post by Shoggy which stated it is bi-directional. I might be wrong on this but pretty sure it read that either port could be used as an intake. Hmmm... I don't see it clear myself. The original sensor is not reversible, and they've changed the body, not the sensor, I don't see how that can suddenly make it reversible...

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:11

SDK and x64 systems

Let me see if I understood correctly... your pumps stops every 20 minutes and fails to start again?

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:02

NEW! high flow sensor

Zitat von »Top_Nurse« Zitat von »MrToad« A little glitch though, there is no arrow to indicate the flow direction. Want to bet someone will rig them the wrong way around? That's because you can put fluid through either end? Hahahahahhahaha! Yes, you can. I mean, there's nothing stopping you. However, the meter ain't gonna work

Samstag, 18. April 2009, 22:51

What to chose?

2xGPU and CPU in the same loop are going to require some mighty pumping power and at least two triple radiators in series. I had that setup before with 2x8800 GTX (DD FC blocks) and a QX6850 (with a D-Tek Fusion water block w/o nozzles), using 2 x TC PA120.3 in series, 1/2 ID tubing over barbs and two DDC 3.2 pumps with petra's top and to an extent it did work. Temps were half decent (20-25 degree ambient to CPU/GPU delta, 7-10 degree ambient to coolant delta, on non-benching load, with an ambie...

Samstag, 18. April 2009, 18:03

NEW! high flow sensor

Mwaahahahahahahhaahahah! I was right on my educated guess. It's based on the Digmesa flow meter. Aquacomputer has basically made a custom delrin housing with a SS top (much better looking | must admit) and fitted the impeller and sensor module in it. Nozzle size is 7 mm, in par with the barbed housing and bigger than the G1/4 male versions (the biggest nozzle size available in these is 5.6 mm). So, pressure drop curves should match those found in the barbed version. If they'd have based their de...

Sonntag, 12. April 2009, 13:25

Aquastream pump XT

Now I think I see what you are doing, but I don't think I qualify to advice on parallel loops. Reason being, I have zero experience in both low flow and parallel loops. I thought on such solutions, but they never went beyond the "paper" stage. Never saw clear how to overcome the hydraulics involved. All what I've built is series/high-flow. That includes my latest build, which has more or less the same radiator surface as yours, but fewer blocks (just GPUs, CPU, NB and VRegs), on three separate l...

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 03:36

Internal USB splitter cable

Am I missing the point on there's no point on this? What's the difference between connecting two single row wire-to-board housings or a single double row housing? And if that bothers you, you can always "salvage" a double row housing from a double port bracket (the female pins release lifting carefully the latch on the housing), remove the single row housing from the two cables, and plug the pins in the double row housing. Edit: By the way, the 2nd ground wire is the cable's shielding (the wire ...

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 03:30

Aquastream pump XT

If I've understood right, and you want to feed two different loops with the same pump, that's a bad idea. Flow will always follow the path of minimum resistance, therefore you'll be starving of coolant the loop with the highest restriction.

Samstag, 4. April 2009, 16:04

Apologies, another noob question or two.

Zitat von »GI_Biochip« I was considering a triple rad to cool the loop with the CPU, NB, SB, Mofsets. I'd like a second loop just for the graphics cards, it is the radiator for this I am unsure of for cooling two HD4870X2 cards. Would a dual 120mm rad be sufficient to cool two big Radeons? Which radiator? Which pump(s)? Which fans? How many degrees above ambient at idle/load you're looking at? For starters, putting the Mosfets and the CPU in the same loop is a no-win (this is a PERSONAL opinon)...

Samstag, 4. April 2009, 14:53

NEW! high flow sensor

I've PM-ed Shoggy to see if he has pressure drop curves for this one. I have an inkling (looking at the connector, the placement of the threads, overall shape and the ppl value) that it's based on a Digimesa G1/4 male flow meter. However, if they've increase the flow path to 9-10mm (like in the G1/2 ones) from the original 5.6mm they're truly onto a winner! And for those with windows in their cases (not my case... soundproofing > bling) it's probably the best looking flow meter that's readily a...

Sonntag, 29. März 2009, 21:27

Yet another thread about flow sensors on Aquaero...

Zitat von »fox3« Sounds like a plan Where are you getting that sensor from? I had a problem finding a supplier for any Digimesa products at a decent price. I'm getting it from Farnell. But forget the "decent price" part. The company I work for has an account with them, and I get a nice discount (plus not paying VAT). Otherwise the expenditure is preposterous (is bad enough with all the discounts). The "normal" price is £74.65. There's another G1/2 flow meter for a more reasonable £44.08, but it...

Sonntag, 29. März 2009, 20:17

OK, here's how one can de-rail his own thread Little update: I'm going to give the G1/2 flow meters a go. But there has been a little change on the pump department. After all I don't think the XTs are powerful enough So, a friend of mine has bought the Aquastream XTs, and I'm going with 4 DDC 3.25s (2 on the NB/Mosfet loop, 2 on the CPU/GPU loop). And may the coolant flow!

Samstag, 28. März 2009, 10:14

Zitat von »fox3« I just bought 2 DDC 3.25's with V2 tops, should have them by mid week, hope they are quiet like the eheims. Planning to split my loop up and put the chipset blocks with the GPU and leave the CPU on its own with the 2 Ultra's. Right now I have an AC cuplex xt di and BitsPower NB/ SB with 3 mosfets on one loop with 2 aquastream XT Ultra pumps and 3/8" tubing plus feser 480 rad, getting less than 3 l/m flow. I am going with the PMP-400 pumps on the GPU loop. Good luck with your se...

Samstag, 28. März 2009, 02:20

Zitat von »fox3« What pump(s) do you plan to use? That sensor does not start to read until 3 l/m. A DDC 3.25 w/EK DDC v2 top on one loop (Res > Pump > TFC 360 > MIPS NB Block > MIPS Mosfet Block > MIPS Mosfet Block > Res) and either Two Aquastream XT Ultra (Res > Pump1 > TFC 480 > TFC 360 > Pump2 > DD 4870x2 FC > Apogee GTZ > Res) or Aquastream XT Ultra (Res > Pump > TFC480 > DD 4870x2 > Res) [leaving headroom for adding a 2nd card] Aquastream XT Ultra (Res > Pump > TFC360 > Apogee GTZ > Res) a...

Samstag, 28. März 2009, 00:02

Strange Why Aqua Computer do not have poweradjust Black Frontplate or does anybody know where i can get my hands on two

Zitat von »Demodred« And no, it will never look good having it painted or similar due to the writing done on it. It might not be ideal, but what I've done with the Aquaero (which does have black faceplate, but as a good OCD sufferer, the difference between the shiny powdercoat finish of my case and the anodized finish of the faceplate was driving me down the road of insanity) is etch the finish of the original faceplate, apply self etching primer, paint with high-gloss automotive black, then us...