• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-17 von insgesamt 17.

Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2010, 15:16

Forenbeitrag von: »svol«

Aquaduct 360 XT mark III

I have no experience whatsoever with the aquaduct, so I cannot help you with the first question. But regarding the second one: watercooling pumps are designed to run with normal water, so you should be fine without any additives. However, if you mix different metals in your system (i.e. aluminium and copper) pure water can cause damage to your copper blox due to electrolysis. Another disadvantage of pure water is that algae and other micro-organisms can grow in it. I always add a bit of car engi...

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010, 12:45

Another ASUS and Aquaero user with problems *SOLUTION*

I finally found the cause of my problem: the NEC 720114 USB2.0 hub. The ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 has 14 USB port, while the ICH10 'only' support 12 USB ports. How did ASUS put the additional 2 ports on it? By putting the before mentioned USB hub on one of the ICH10 USB ports. This means that USB ports 11-14 are all behind this NEC USB controller, which appears as a Generic USB Hub in Windows Device Manager. Apparently this caused the USB code 10 error, because when I put the cable in USB 10 the proble...

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010, 08:51

Aquasuite is rubbish

I just updated my loop to increase flow and I now have an equivalent of 5x 120 mm rad area... but I cool my CPU, GPUs (have a dedicated PhysX card), Mobo and power regulation. My CPU is always under full load as I'm running BOINC, so I cannot commend on how fast temperature rises between idle and full... as idle doesn't exist for my poor CPU . It is now running for half an hour and water temperature is 23 C while CPU is 41 C. Yesterday after 2-3 hours the water was 24 C, and I think CPU around 4...

Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2010, 17:39

Aquasuite is rubbish

I get your point, to control if your cooling is sufficient you indeed need to pay attention to the actual CPU temp, otherwise bad things can and most certainly will happen. But in a setup where you know you can cope with the CPU heat controlling fan speed by water temperature makes sense (I'm currently doing it and it works pretty well).

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 17:32

Aquasuite is rubbish

I don't understand where your objection that CPU temp and water temp are closely correlated comes from... Lets try to make a simple model of how a system is cooled by either water or air. First lets assume we're working on steady-state conditions, such that we can neglect all thermal capacitance's and only need to take into account thermal resistance. I will model the CPU as a body which generates a specific heat, the water or air I will model as a huge thermal sink at a specific temperature (am...

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 14:20

Aquasuite is rubbish

I don't see your point why the information of the water temperature is useless. But lets first go back in in the conduction of water, indeed the conduction is bad... but that would only influence your cooling if you got water that stands still. In a watercooling setup the water normally flows and this is what cools the system. Water can absorb much more heat then air per unit volume which makes it an effective coolant. So if we compare the heat transportation capability of water and air, water w...

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 09:28

I think the problem might be USB speed mode related. As soon as I disable or uninstall the Root Hub belonging to the Enhanced Host Controller I get a message that my Aquaero could perform faster (which I doubt as it is in fact a full speed device and not a high speed one) and it immediately works. Reinstalling the Root Hub again often results in a still working Aquaero, but sometimes I have to repeat the disable/enable procedure a couple of times before it works. It thus seems that the BIOS/Wind...

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 18:34

aquasuite software doesn't find aquaero

Sounds like a similar problem I'm having (check my thread). First check if the cable is connected correctly. Is it going to an internal USB connector? If you double checked the connection go to your device manager and check if there is an USB with a yellow exclamation mark.Go to properties and and check if it giving a Code 10 error that the device cannot start. Please let us know what you find.

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 12:49

Are there also two generic USB hubs showing up in your system between the Root hub and the Input device? I will see if I can get the cable to other internal USB ports. Also, is it connected to an Enhanced Host controller (USB hi-speed) or an Universal Host controller (normal speed USB)?

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 12:47

Facing problems with Firefox Mozilla

Are you using the latest version of Firefox?

Freitag, 1. Januar 2010, 12:54

You can find out which is which by going to device properties - Details and then select Bus reported device description. It should display the name of your device set by Aquasuite. It is directly connected to an internal USB connector with the default cable to USB#14, no other stuff inbetween that I'm aware off (unless ASUS put additional hardware on the motherboard).

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 13:32

I made a screenshot of how the USB tree looks like (sorted on connection), the highlighted device is the Aquaero. Is it normal that there are two Generic Hubs before the Aquaero?

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 10:14

Aquasuite is rubbish

I can understand that it would be a not so very useful feature to automatically control the fans. However it would be nice if there was some kind of plug-in or tab in the Aquasuite which shows the system sensors, just for visual verification and maybe manual fan control. I now have two applications running in the background for monitoring my system: Aquasuite which controls the fans by it own sensors and ASUS PC Probe (horrible piece of software...) to monitor temps (and maybe voltages when OC'i...

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 10:06

It is working again. After removing a USB card reader and removing the hub the Aquaero was connected to and reinstalling the drivers it was recognized successfully. Let's hope it remains that way. Edit: okay and it malfunctioned again. However I found a way to re-enable it without restarting the system. By removing the Generic USB hub the device is connected is re-appears and is initialized correctly. Still very odd behaviour! And another problem: when I set my Aquaero for linear control and the...

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2009, 11:25

Again yesterday morning it worked, but when I came back from work it malfunctioned again... still no luck in finding out what is causing this randomness. But it is a very annoying problem after spending... after spending more than 150 euro for Aquaero parts I have a product which doesn't completely work. Heed, what are you BIOS settings for the USB ports and to which internal port did you connect it?

Montag, 28. Dezember 2009, 19:08

Yes I did. Strange things is that it was working flawlessy yesterday and this morning, but when I started my PC this evening it was giving a code 10 again...

Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2009, 12:05

I have an Aquaero fan controller which I happily used on my previous setup with Windows XP. I just upgraded my system to an i7 in combination an ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 (X58 chipset) and Windows 7, and added a tubemeter and highflow flowmeter to my setup... However, just like some other users on this forum, I've been getting USB stop 10 errors and my Aquaero isn't recognized by the Aquasuite software. I have the latest patches, drivers and BIOS installed and tried different internal connections, but ...