• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-9 von insgesamt 9.

Samstag, 6. Februar 2010, 23:24

Forenbeitrag von: »Buffycor«

Aquasuite is rubbish

Drbo, thanks for your question. My setup is simple inasmuch as only the cpu is cooled with liquid. However, the fan blows outwards and I plan to cool the gpus in the same way. There are two schools of though here: some say that you should draw cool air from outside through the rads. That's okay if the flow has some direction, rather than creating a tornado (a warm tornado) inside your case, i.e if you have opposing rads. The other method is to draw cool air inwards (not over a hot component) and...

Samstag, 6. Februar 2010, 23:14

Aquasuite

Top Nurse, thanks, but I RMA'd it. I had it two days and that was enough! I replaced it with a Zalman that I already had. Okay, it's manual, but easier to use than the aquaero in manual mode.

Montag, 25. Januar 2010, 00:45

temps and your setup

That sounds very impressive. I should think that your loop is very capable of removing heat during a gaming marathon, given that your poor cpu is under so much constant load! I tend to find on my system that (in spite of a single XSPC rad cooling the cpu loop) the temps are slow to fall and fast to rise, which I guess is what you'd expect. I will say though, that the cpu temp never goes higher than 59 degrees - which I think is actually rather good in what I consider to be a fairly economical se...

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010, 00:56

Temps etc.

To Svol, totally agree. I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet. When you consider air cooling for example, you don't measure ambient room temp (I hope!!) There's certainly more of that than there is water in a loop. My CPU loop is relatively small really; a single rad and XSPC bay reservoir. Temps never exceed 59 degrees even when playing Crysis at eye-watering resolutions. I must admit though, the GPUs get warm, but I'll be water-cooling those soon - and not monitoring the water temp!! ...

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 23:10

Temps and cpu

You'll be pleased to know I do understand all that (I have advanced Level physics). I don't "object" per se, it's simply that the recorded temperature of the cpu rises faster than the temperature of the water, regardless of capacity/efficiency/flow rate. I know that the water should (in a loop of sufficient volume) keep the component cool, I am simply saying that monitoring the water temperature with a view to adjusting the voltage applied to the fans to control it's temperature is at best disin...

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 15:05

Water temps /cpu

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread. I agree with every word you said. Except the part about the change in temperature of the cpu in relation to water. Yes, water is very good compared to air when it comes to conducting heat - we're agreed on that. It is however, spectacularly poor compared to the stuff cpus are made of. A 1 degree rise in water temp will not correlate to a 1 degree rise in cpu temp. You should also remember that the cpu temp reported by the bios is often (bu...

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 12:25

Water temp / fans speed

Sorry, don't agree. I am not sure where you get your information from, but water is not a particularly good conductor of heat. It IS better than air, but significantly worse than metal. This is actually the crux of the cooling issue. This is physics 101. Hot (or warm) water releases heat energy based on either ambient temperature, the container it's in (and the material it's made of) or air flow. A stream of water across a hot component will cool it provided that the heat energy is removed from ...

Montag, 11. Januar 2010, 23:52

Fan speed vs temps

Having read a lot of the threads about this, I'm not sure I agree with the comments about changing CPU temps and the fans changing speeds. Isn't that what they do when they're air-cooled anyway? The software should (and does) have a start temp and an 'end' temp, with the voltage being adjusted accordingly. The speed of temperature change isn't an issue. When I place my CPU under heavy load during say, Cinebench, the temperature can jump from 28c to 52c in two seconds. When air-cooled, the fan si...

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 02:41

Aquasuite is rubbish

I would love to change the status of my opinion if the following problem can be resolved: I would like to know how the aquaero can be made to read the given CPU and GPU temps which are visible on my system. By this I mean, the CPU temp is available from a huge variety of software (not to mention the BIOS) and the GPU temps are available in the cards' own software (and other various software which is freely available in the internet). The sensors supplied are worse than useless for anything other...