• 25.04.2024, 06:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-50 von insgesamt 70.

Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2012, 22:31

Forenbeitrag von: »BorisTheSpider«

HELP: Aquaeor 5 Relay & power + Reset switch ?

My experience (if I'm remembering rightly, but I am 90+% sure) was that USB will run the processing side of the aquaero - I can, for example, calibrate my sensors when the aquaero is only connected to USB, but the relay used the 5v standby to remain open after an ATX-Break event.

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 04:13

HELP: Aquaeor 5 Relay & power + Reset switch ?

One more thing to be aware of regarding the 5v standby, is that you need it to keep the relay open if an ATX break has been triggered. For example, I have an ATX break in place, connected to the normally closed pair of relay contacts, so that an alarm opens those contacts. If an alarm triggers, and 5v standby is not connected, the relay opens momentarily, which kills power to the aquaero, so the relay goes back to the default (closed) position and the PC resets rather than powers off.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 10:30

Name Truncation Issue

Confirmed, I've seen it too. I never figured out exactly how many characters are supported, I just shortened stuff when it happened.

Samstag, 17. November 2012, 20:08

Aqua Computer High-Flow Flow Sensor Reading

It suprises me that you'd say that since VL4s are at the very non-restrictive end of QDCs, and in general I don't think they are that bad - http://skinneelabs.com/quick-disconnect-roundup/ gives some numbers. I'm really quite suprised the OP has such low flow with a D5, but I can't see anything in the loop to cause it, so I guess either that's just the performance of a single D5 through a typical loop, or there is something wrong with the pump - OP, have you tried the DDC yet? I think people wor...

Samstag, 17. November 2012, 20:03

External power supply and USB

Sorry to hear it wasn't economical to repair, at least you have a USB isolator ready to go now, and I'll keep that in mind for future radbox builds if the aquaero is going to be powered from a separate supply. It's great that the AC guys will do you a replacement at less than normal retail - it's service like this that makes me keep recommending aquacomputer stuff everywhere I post.

Freitag, 16. November 2012, 03:37

MPS delta 40 - fill level indication varying with ambient air temperature

Problem now fixed after following instructions in the PM. Thanks Shoggy.

Donnerstag, 15. November 2012, 04:39

First - everyone please ignore my ramblings above about density, it seems Shoggy is right and this is a fault in my MPS delta 40 rather than being an inherent characteristic of these sensors. Please don't let it put you off buying one - I really think I got tricked by the way in which this one is failing into drawing the wrong conclusion about them. Shoggy: I did as you asked and removed the MPS from the system and tried with both ports open to the air. I plugged it in via USB so I could observe...

Donnerstag, 15. November 2012, 03:43

Great idea - thanks Shoggy. I will do this as soon as possible and report back.

Mittwoch, 14. November 2012, 01:42

New Aquasuite, release version 1, is out

Thanks for the reply. I have set up an overview page that took a very long time, with colour-gradient graphs, nicely sized and aligned graphs, separate titles (which fix a flaw in the graphs where the % scale overlays the title) and so on. I could probably face doing the renaming of sensors, and re-entering of controller curves, but I really don't want to have to redo the overview page. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to re-use the overview page, possibly by doing "change datasource" on the...

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 23:01

New Aquasuite, release version 1, is out

Thanks for the news. This will be my first time updating, and I have quite a lot of setup done, so I'd like to understand exactly what will need reconfiguring. Will my current overview page work? When you say all settings need re-entering, does that mean literally everything - as in all sensors will go back to default names, virtual sensors will disappear etc?

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 22:55

I have noticed a phenomenon on my MPS Delta 40, and I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about it. The MPS is in use as a fill-level sensor, with the high-pressure port connected to a tube running to a port on my reservoir, and the low pressure port open to the air. The reservoir is fitted with a pressure equalisation membrane. I note that the fill level reading I'm getting is varying with the ambient air temperature, and hence air density. It's particularly relevant for me, since m...

Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 20:57

RE: Aquasuite possible bug and thoughts on sensor calibration

I also see the mode change issue with the virtual sensors - what I think happens is that if you've set a mode (eg. average) on one sensor, then click to edit another different virtual sensor (eg one that should be "highest temperature"), the first mode set (average in our example) carries over to the newly selected sensor, but the fact that it has done so doesn't actually show up until you've left the page and come back later. I always sanity check the results if I've changed anything because of...

Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 20:52

Aqua Computer High-Flow Flow Sensor Reading

Zitat von »tpb211« Calibration impulses per liter should be set to 169 not 159. Hope this helps, Other ideas to increase flow would be to reduce or eliminate 90's [use45's if possible], consider adding a second d5 in a dual top if flow is still to low for your liking. This would also give you redundancy if one pump fails. I'm curious about this calibration number, because Martin tested and found that with 1/2" ID barbs and hoses, 158 was very close to a reference flow-meter: http://martinsliqui...

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 17:37

Setup and Calibration of sensors

I'm not using the aquacomputer ones, I'm using one G1/4 plug type in the res and a Phobya inline type one coming out of my rad. I think they are quite accurate - after calibrating them in the way I described, I have poked around testing things with an IR thermometer, and also compared the "power dissipated" calculated by the aquaero (using both water temperatures and the flow measurement) to the power being supplied by the PSU and they seem accurate. If a second sensor gives you a similar or sam...

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 17:37

Pump DP-600P and aquaero LT

If you just connect it up to a fan channel that has nothing configured on it at all, then it will run at full speed. You'll see a "fan channel 1" or whatever item in aquasuite, that you can rename to "pump" or whatever, then you can assign it as an output on any kind of controller like a curve or set point. Just to make sure nothing is set up that means it doesn't start, I'd listen to the pump the first time you start up after connecting to make sure it does come on, but as far as I can remember...

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 17:32

Setup and Calibration of sensors

1) Yes, USB only for updating anything aquacomputer make as far as I know. It would be nice if this could be done over aquabus in future, but I don't know if that will be possible. 2) You can calibrate the sensors with the PC off, that's what I do to get everything as accurate as possible. Shut down, let everything equalise in temperature for a long time (overnight or more), then plug a laptop into the aquaero using an internal->external USB cable, install aquasuite on the laptop and you can cha...

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 17:23

Aquaero 5 Pro- broken need help

You could abandon the blown fan channel, and add a poweradjust to get another one back.

Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012, 22:37

RGB illumination module for aquaero 5 - More LEDs?

Zitat von »Nutman« "I was going to use the LED output with a RGB LED, making it possible to switch colour as the temperature changes. Not sure if the PWM outputs would be able to display the temperature changes? Is this selectable in Aquasuite 2012?" No, you couldn't do that with these outputs - they are just a PWM modulated 12v output, so you can dim on them, but there's no facility for multiple colours.# I think you could hack something together - there are two PWM outputs, so what you could ...

Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012, 22:31

Pump DP-600P and aquaero LT

Looking at that spec sheet, your pump draws 1 amp (12 Watts). Each channel on the aquaero can provide up to 1.65 amps, so you should be fine to just plug it right in, although at a 1 amp load you'll want some cooling on the fan amps on the aquaero otherwise you'll either cook them, or the aquaero will protect itself by running the pump at full speed if you're undervolting it. You then just set up a controller in the software (curve, set point etc.) and assign the pump as an output for that contr...

Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012, 18:34

Filter spares

Thanks, I actually found a G1/8 lighting fitting from a UK supplier after I posted. I will contact support about the filter mesh - I do intend to wash it, I just thought it would be a good idea to have a spare in case I ever damage it removing/reinstalling.

Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012, 06:55

Filter spares

I just brought one of these filters: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2421 I am looking for spare mesh filter elements for it, but I can't find them anywhere on the aquacomputer site, the only supplier I could find is http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info…eel-filter.html and they don't have stock and don't list a date when they will have stock. Please can someone point me to the listing on the aquacomputer site, or if there isn't one tell me where I can get them. Also, I mi...

Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012, 03:35

RGB illumination module for aquaero 5 - More LEDs?

Never tried on the aquaero and not sure what output it can provide but if you do try, they need to be parallel - in series they will be dim. If you can't use the RGB output, you could put single colour LEDs on the PWM outputs (the 2 pin ones) - I'm not sure of the current rating though, so you'd have to check that, but they work fine for the single ultra-bright UV LED I have in my res.

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 03:30

Please HELP w/ Aquaero 5 parts list

A big thanks to Shoggy and the team for the master/slave functionality. I don't plan on using it right now, but it's great to know this is in the software and might well get me to buy another aquaero at some point.

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 03:18

vdroop in aquaero outputs when under load

Slightly off-topic update. The vdroop to my radbox caused some issues my with 2 MCP35x pumps. If anyone else finds this thread and is having problems this might help: Aquaero 5 XT - How to connect (2) MCP35X2'S?

Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 23:31

Aquaero 5 XT - How to connect (2) MCP35X2'S

Great. I just got my 2 MCP35x connected up. I did have a couple of teething problems - max flow didn't increase from what I saw with one pump, and I was seeing reported RPM drops to 0 sometimes. I figured out it was a lack of clean power. Fortunately, I already had a separate power brick connected to my radbox where the pumps are (for filling and bleeding when the PC is off), in parallel with the power from the PC (with diodes to prevent back-current both ways) so I stuck a relay in to switch th...

Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 22:20

Any chance of a longer fan failure alarm delay?

A follow up - I think the failure to report RPM might be down to poor power to the pumps. I tried putting them on a different PSU, and I now get not only better maximum flow but the RPM dropouts also don't happen. I'll report back if the problem reoccurs, but I think the other people I've seen report the same issue with the MCP35x must also have been seeing the same problem - too much voltage drop to the pump.

Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 21:34

PWM Fans Won't Turn Off

hi Kroks, I don't even think that would be possible - if you send 0% to a PWM fan, it will normally go to full speed, not stop.

Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 21:32

Any chance of a longer fan failure alarm delay?

Devs, Is there any chance we could have a longer delay option than 24 seconds for fan RPM alarms? I am using the fan alarms to monitor my pumps. I have 2 MCP35X that I just hooked up. I know other users have also had problems with the RPM reporting on these pumps being unreliable. Mine stop reporting RPMs for a minute or two sometimes, then start again - the pumps are fine all the time, the RPM reports just drop out for a while. I do want to have an audible alarm for a failure of one of the pump...

Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2012, 04:04

Aquaero 5 XT - How to connect (2) MCP35X2'S

Hello Chris - it has to be, surely? !!! If it is, I've been following your OCN thread. If you want to control both (well, all 4) pumps together, so they all run at the same speed, then you can just use a PWM splitter on channel 4. If you then want RPM reports from more than just one pump you'll have to connect them up to the other headers accordingly, so to monitor all 4 pumps you'll use up a whole aquaero worth of headers, but you'll only need the one PWM header to control them all. I do believ...

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 08:46

THANKS Aquaero!!!

Zitat von »Nihil Simile« Hello Boris How does the Aquaero shut the PC down when a failure of the cooling system occurs I have only bench tested my AQ5, and I am not sure how this is done. As Larrywill posted, there are various ways. What I do is use 2 methods - the aquaero emulates a keyboard via the USB connection and can therefore press the power button on the keyboard, and perform a clean windows shutdown. There is also a cable available to do what's called ATX break, which uses the relay on...

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 04:13

THANKS Aquaero!!!

Just a quick note to say how awesome the aquaero is. This thing probably just saved my system. I had been having strange dropouts in my flow reading, and the other day, my pump seemed to be under-responding to PWM, and dropping to RPM/flow levels below what was requested. Tonight, I had a sudden system shutdown, I figured it was the same again, and that the aquaero had shut the PC down. I reset, changed the flow meter cable (it's on a fan extension) and tried again. Shutdown again. I jump starte...

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 14:35

Load profile 1 -> Load profile 4

Thanks for the reply Shoggy. It would be great if you can work this into a future release.

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 21:16

Thanks Larry, I ever need to redo my cable runs I'd certainly look at using some of the connectors you refer to just for the 12v connection, along with some thick speaker cable. Thanks for the pointer. For now though, I think I've spend enough on this (and spent enough time on it!) so I won't be doing anything about it - the max fan RPMs I get at 11v are now sufficient (they were sufficient at 10.5v anyway), and looking at the fans spec page, I note that they actually operate at up to 13.2v, pro...

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 21:02

Fan report - Silverstone FM-181 180mm

Hi Sebastian, Thanks, but as reported they work just fine. I know fan manufacturers often under-report current draw, but in this case it seems they are either accurate, or slightly over-reported. I expect the 0.45 amps refers to the startup current at a full 12v. I see a current draw of 1 amp at 11 volts once the fans are spun up. During startup, I have seen around 1.2 amps. It's possible the inrush current during startup goes higher than that, and that I don't see it because of the update frequ...

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 20:55

Zitat von »JinTu« If it ends up being something more, which I fully expect to be the case, would replacing the mainboard on my Aquaero 5XT with the board from an Aquaero 5LT work and maintain the same level of functionality (using the original touchscreen, IR keyboard, etc from the XT)? I'm looking for a lower cost option than buying a completely new XT unless absolutely required. Unfortunately, the LT doesn't have an IR receiver. Other than that I'm sure you could just fit the screen to an LT....

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 04:26

OK, So I answered my own question. I thought I'd leave it here anyway in case it interests anyone else. I measured the voltage into the aquaero at 11.3v, so I tested at the computer end of the run, and found 11.9v - I am sure I already did this a couple of weeks ago, but it got forgotten about until I got new fans and was fooling around looking at speeds etc. Incidentally, my reported voltage now on the pwm output I use to control my mcp35x is 11.3v, so that is reporting the voltage without any ...

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 04:05

Hi everyone, I have noticed I am getting quite a bit of voltage drop in my system. I thought I'd post and see if other people see the same thing, or if it's something I need to look into and find the cause of. If I let my pump run at low speed, and turn my rad fans off in aquasuite, in the "fans" page I can see my pump is getting 11.9v or so. Perfect. I also, by the way, checked some voltages with a multimeter and can confirm that the aquaero reports correctly. If I turn my rad fans (which draw ...

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 03:47

Fan report - Silverstone FM-181 180mm

I recently brought some new rad fans. I was running 4x 180mm Phobya G-Silent 18 on my Phobya nova 1080 (9x120) rad. I have changed to Silverstone FM-181 fans (4 of them). I was a bit concerned before I brought them, since I read that their current rating was 0.45 amps each, and I planned to run 4 of them on one aquaero channel, with a maximum current capability of 1.65a, not only that but my aquaero fan amp cooling is not even (maybe?) top notch - I don't have the waterblock - I made my own heat...

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 01:40

If, as you say, everything was connected correctly, the only thing I can think of that could cause this would be a difference in ground potential between the ground to the laptop/usb, and the ground from the picopsu. I am completely speculating though, and have no knowledge of the internals of the aquaero or how/why this could happen. Very unfortunate. I hope you manage to find whatever caused it.

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 11:21

Load profile 1 -> Load profile 4

Hi, I see in the alarm actions in aquasuite, there are options for "Load profile 1" through to "Load profile 4" But I can't see anywhere that I set what profiles to use - I can import and export profiles through the system tab, but that only lets me load or save what is active now. I want to aquaero to have more than one profile loaded on-board, and to be able to switch between them as a result of an alarm condition. How do I do this? Ps. I have just done some googling and seen a set of screensh...

Samstag, 29. September 2012, 06:38

New Aquaero 5 Pro owner

Welcome. Not much documentation. It's all quite straightforward once you start experimenting with aquasuite. If you post back here I'm sure you'll get answers as well. You'll want to put your mcp35x on the 4th fan header (the only pwm one) and switch the port to pwm mode in aquasuite. You can then set up a curve controller (or set point, fixed output or whatever) in the software and assign the output as the PWM output. I'd suggest if you want to control pump speed dynamically, consider doing wha...

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 01:56

Software sensors blank list

Thanks Sebastian. I tried with WMI explorer. With 0.51 I get no instances in the sensors class, but they show up ok with 0.40 No idea why, but it doesn't matter since it works with 0.40

Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 21:07

An update. I rolled open hardware monitor back to 0.40 and now my sensors work again. I used the version of 0.40 on the OHM site, not a modified aquacomputer version. I will stay with 0.40 for now since it works, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 20:34

Hi Sebastian, Thanks, but I already tried re-downloading and reinstalling the latest OHM (0.51 beta) and it doesn't fix the problem. Following your post, I tried it again a second time, and it's not fixing the problem.

Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 19:37

Hi, I have seen a thread where another using was having this same problem. When I first installed aquasuite 2012 beta 16, I was getting a blank list when I click "Select Datasource" under "Software temperature sensors" - like this: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147…zps03fd7750.jpg Now, I have just done a windows repair install to fix some other problems I was having, and it has come back. Last time, I fixed it by reinstalling .net4, and the client profile, then updating through windows up...

Montag, 17. September 2012, 13:54

MPS Delta - Level spikes making alarm unusable

Thanks Shoggy, I am controlling pump speed via PWM (MCP35x). I originally planned to do this because of pump noise, but once I received my pump, I realised it's very quiet even at full speed. I still like having it slow down when there's no system load though, since it should reduce wear and increase the life of the pump. I find that slowing down to 0.2gpm = 45lph still keeps everything cool at idle, and it even seems enough flow for 2 x 580GTX in SLI under load, the pump only really needs to sp...

Montag, 17. September 2012, 12:16

Only 4 virtual temperature sensors????

Zitat von »sebastian« We dont extend the virtual sensors in the next time. Hi Sebastian, Is it difficult to add more? I'm not complaining - I never expected the aquaero to be perfect, and I am managing with 4 sensors, but more would definitely be nice if you can do it in a future update. Perhaps other users could post in this thread if they also find 4 virtual temperature sensors too limiting?

Montag, 17. September 2012, 12:12

MPS Delta - Level spikes making alarm unusable

Zitat von »sebastian« You can move the move the filter speed scroll bar to slower. Hi Sebastian, I'd already done that and set it to the slowest setting possible, but that seems to filter the readings down to about one every 2 seconds, but my spikes were lasting up to 30 seconds until the reading fully recovered and stabilised. Perhaps using a PMF200484 membrane, instead of http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2906 which is a PMF200128 would be better, it has much lower resistanc...

Montag, 17. September 2012, 12:06

Insane in the membrane

Ok, I tried my G1/8 to G1/4 adapter with some of this: http://www.samokleykin.com/ filter material wadded up and shoved in it, and no spiking. But it was ugly as hell. So, I took my aquacomputer pressure membrane ( which is a Gore PMF200128 ) and started hacking - the top part (the plastic part) comes off if you push a 6mm or so socket into the metal part to pinch the clips equally from all sides and then it comes apart, however I later realised that's completely unnecessary. If you just pull at...

Montag, 17. September 2012, 11:41

Only 4 virtual temperature sensors????

I am presuming it's not just me, and that other people also seem to be limited to 4 virtual temperature sensors? If I'm not missing something, I'd like to add a feature request for more of these please, I could do with at least 8, and preferably 16+