• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-50 von insgesamt 98.

Donnerstag, 13. März 2014, 08:57

Forenbeitrag von: »JinTu«

aerotools-ng: Linux support for the Aquaero 5

Awesome work shred! Glad to see there are others out there still willing to dig into the code. At some point I will come back to work on aerotools-ng again, but it is probably going to be a while.

Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 01:41

Zitat von »shred« Hi! I'm one of those rare Linux users... ;) I got my Aquaero 5 yesterday. I bought it to control air fan RPM and temperatures on a home Linux server, and (besides Munin integration) I planned that a daemon would monitor the temperatures and fan speeds and automatically sends a mail if a fan fails. So, the first thing I did was connecting it to my PC, upgrading it to FW 1036 and made a first configuration in a Windows VM. Oh, if I just had found this thread first... ;( aerotool...

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 19:54

Zitat von »TabuTron« Hi, I tried it with my 1030-firmware ae5 and got the following: aerocli -n "sensors:1:Water-Out" Default for name reference 'sensors', index 1 = 'Sensor 1', changing to 'Water-Out' However, it doesn't seem to work, I still get: ---- Temperature Sensors ----- Sensor 1: 27.74 °C However, time synchronization works. ----------- System ----------- Time: 2014-01-01 15:05:43 Thanks TabuTron, To see the names, you need to run aerocli -a: ---- Temperature Sensors ----- Sensor 1 'Se...

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 21:59

Zitat von »appel« just tell me which commands you want me to execute. anyway, doesnt the aquaero save device names, or is this always done local on the computer it is connected to (aqua suit) Hi Appel, When using Aquasuite, the device/sensor names are synchronized between Aquasuite and the Ae5. The added feature to aerotools-ng allows you to set the names via aerotools-ng instead of requiring Aquasuite. XT and Pro versions of the Ae5 also allow you to set the device/sensor names from the front ...

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 21:00

Zitat von »appel« i updated my dualboot machine to the new firmware. i'll try to run it with that one in the near future. Thanks appel, Unfortunately I am fairly certain that the new firmware from Aquasuite 2013 (1031-1034) isn't compatible yet. I would welcome some USBPcap dumps of Aquasuite and the Ae5 communicating though so I can start scoping the changes that need to be made. I would upgrade myself, but I only have a single Ae5 to develop with at the moment and want to maintain a working r...

Montag, 30. Dezember 2013, 17:59

Hi folks, I took a brief hiatus from working on aerotools-ng for the past couple months due to demands of the day job, but I am back. I finally added support for setting the sensor/device names (this is checked-in to my repo on GitHub) and would appreciate any additional testing/validation the community could provide. Note: aerotools-ng currently only support firmware versions 1027-1030 included with releases of Aquasuite 2012. The firmware versions included with all releases of Aquasuite 2013 (...

Freitag, 27. September 2013, 23:36

Zitat von »appel« today i tried to compile it on smartos (opensolaris fork) renamed boolean_t to boolean_t2 because it was already defined. and then the trouble started, no linux/hiddev.h searched a while how to work with usb in smartos and can't really figure it out. so now i will try to make it work with a raspberry pi in the case. and then while it works i'll try to port it again (i might really need some help here) Hi appel, hiddev is Linux specific, so you are not going to be able to port ...

Mittwoch, 25. September 2013, 21:52

Zitat von »appel« i was using watch with default settings, so every 2 seconds. i changed it to 30seconds and things seem to be a lot better now. it did occur every boot (i suspend a lot so i did only boot 5x and saw it fail 5x) Thanks appel, Yes, every 2 seconds seems a bit too aggressive. Suspend/resume with USB on Linux has had problems as far back as I can remember. You might want to delay polling for some period of time until everything on your system has had a chance to reach steady-state....

Dienstag, 24. September 2013, 00:29

Hi folks, I am back from overseas and ready to dive back into aerotools-ng. Zitat von »appel« and now at a random moment i get a error that does not seem to be resolvable without reboot: failed to get names: Failed to find enough matching report pages! (Bad file descriptor) no idea yet why i got this error. will look it tomorrow a bit. This means that the subroutine that gathers the device names didn't get what it was expecting and bailed out. You might also try unplugging and re-plugging the US...

Samstag, 14. September 2013, 01:11

Zitat von »appel« Now it works. all i need now, is to fix zabbix to readout snmp. shouldnt be too hard with the cacti files that are already provided Glad to hear you got it going. FYI: I haven't yet added support for the Aquastream XT to the Perl script that exports aerocli data to SNMP. It's one of the first things on my to do list when I get back from overseas.

Freitag, 13. September 2013, 07:42

Zitat von »appel« I got my aquaero 5 and connected it all. went into windows and configured it all. then i went into linux and ran aerocli. ----------- System ----------- Time: 2013-09-12 21:53:36 Uptime: 01d 05:38:13 CPU Temp: 32.64 °C ---- Temperature Sensors ----- Sensor 1: 26.04 °C Sensor 2: 25.10 °C Sensor 3: 27.59 °C Sensor 4: 29.59 °C ------------ Fans ------------ Fan 1: 0rpm @ 68% 29 °C Fan 2: 405rpm @ 33% 29 °C Fan 3: 468rpm @ 33% 29 °C Fan 4: 0rpm @ 68% 29 °C -------- Flow Sensors --...

Freitag, 6. September 2013, 22:45

Zitat von »appel« I do not have a Ae5 in my system yet. did buy it yesterday so will install it next week. but is it not possible at all to make the software work with just a aquastream xt on direct usb? i have 3 of them and only 2 Ae5's No, aerotools-ng only works with direct USB comms to the Ae5 and devices attached to it via aquabus. FYI: You can control up to two Aquastream XTs with a single Ae5. If you absolutely must control your Aquastream XT via direct USB, have a look at libacinfo. Unf...

Freitag, 6. September 2013, 21:43

Zitat von »appel« running Linux isla 3.10-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.10.3-1 (2013-07-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux jessie/sid make all went fine then i execute the next command ./aerocli -d /dev/usb/hiddev1 No Aquaero 5 found on /dev/usb/hiddev1. Found vendor:0xc70, product:0xf0b6(0xfffff0b6), version 0x100 instead failed to poll: (null) (Bad file descriptor) i guess i should change something before i doe "make" so it searches for aquastream XT and not aquaero edit: running from this Git tree: main https:/...

Freitag, 6. September 2013, 19:48

Zitat von »appel« I just bought a aquastream XT USB 12V Pumpe - Standard Version planning to also buy the Flow sensor mps flow 200, G1/4 i got the pump running, and connected it with usb. on windows i can controll it. running linux debian 3.10 kernel. is there something i have to test? (tried to run the code from github but it gives errors) Hi appel, We need some additional detail on what version you are running (official rc0 or one of the devel branches) and details on any errors you get compi...

Montag, 2. September 2013, 22:48

FYI: Lynix recently committed the first version of aq5rpcd to his devel branch of aerotools-ng which provide JSON RPC functionality for the Ae5! It still needs some work, but shows the potential of aerotools-ng. This optional module relies on jsonrpc-c which has it's own set of dependencies which may take some work to get installed properly. Additional details of how to build and run are in the jsonprc-c and aerotools-ng README. Once you have aq5rpcd compiled, to exercise the functions with 'nc'...

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 20:45

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i got the problem, the special characters are encoded in ISO-8859-15 instead of utf8 try to bypass this in my plugin Yep, looks like you are right. Lüfter HDD Oben in hex as sent by the Ae5 is 4C FC 66 74 65 72 20 48 44 44 20 4F 62 65 6E. The special character ü in UTF-8 is C3 BC in hex, but in ISO-8859-1/ISO-8859-15 (and 8-bit Unicode) is FC. This displays properly in my terminal and apps that consume the aerocli output as-is.

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 21:40

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i see somithing like this Hmm, this looks like it is working with the test app and aerocli is handling device names in pretty much the same way. Can you confirm that this is actually an aerocli output issue and not an issue with your plugin or terminal settings? youp, output createt by aerocli -o export ...[attach]4298[/attach] It looks good as far as I can tell: Quellcode 1 FAN3_NAME='Lüfter HDD Oben'

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 01:32

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i see somithing like this Quellcode 1 FAN3.label L�fter HDD Oben and yes i've only pull a change to the munin plugin Quellcode 1 82:Lüfter HDD Oben (15 bytes) Hmm, this looks like it is working with the test app and aerocli is handling device names in pretty much the same way. Can you confirm that this is actually an aerocli output issue and not an issue with your plugin or terminal settings?

Freitag, 30. August 2013, 01:05

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i see somithing like this Quellcode 1 FAN3.label L�fter HDD Oben and yes i've only pull a change to the munin plugin Can you send me the full output from one run of my sandbox test app were were using earlier to prototype the sensor name retrieval code? I need to see how the data is being stored in the Ae5 to figure out the best way of dealing with it.

Donnerstag, 29. August 2013, 22:01

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« I post you a PullRequest aerocli got some problems while handling characters like 'ä' 'ö' 'ü' (and i guess other utf8-characters...) I'll have a more comprehensive look at your pull request tonight when I get a minute. It looks like it only affects the Munin plugin so it should be fine as long as it works for you. Can you describe what you are seeing wrt the UTF8 handling issue? I assume this would only affect device names.

Montag, 26. August 2013, 13:38

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« ok no problems during the weekend. seems stable Glad to hear it! I'll roll up my devel branch to my main. The SNMP stuff and templates aren't done yet, but I added more the device names to the output.

Freitag, 23. August 2013, 18:27

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« running 12 hours without problems .. Glad to hear it! Let it run over the weekend, and if there aren't any glitches we can call it good enough. In the mean time, I will be adding more device names to the output, then updating the SNMP export script and Cacti templates. Next up is adding support for setting the device names...

Donnerstag, 22. August 2013, 02:07

Ok, this has been incorporated into my devel branch of aerotools-ng. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 08:50

Looks good. I'll roll this in to my devel branch soon and will need another round of longevity testing to see if any hangs still occur.

Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 00:40

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« success-rate 100% after applying your change Nice! Can you send me a few excerpts from these runs (as before) so I can get a sense of the range of extra loops that are generating "wrong reports"?

Montag, 19. August 2013, 21:48

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« On Success: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ** getting the 8x 0xC reports: Value at 3 on page 0 matches (C0). Loop iteration 1 Value at 3 on page 1 matches (C2). Loop iteration 3 Value at 3 on page 2 matches (C4). Loop iteration 4 Value at 3 on page 3 matches (C6). Loop iteration 6 Value at 3 on page 4 matches (C8). Loop iteration 7 Value at 3 on page 5 matches (CA). Loop iteration 9 Value at 3 on page 6 matches (CC). Loop iteration 10 Value at 3 on page 7 matches (CE)...

Montag, 19. August 2013, 03:06

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« new tests - new results Quellcode 1 2 Test completed in 26 minutes and 53 seconds Encountered 427 failures during test (42.7000%). Attempt success rate 53.00% Hmm, that's not good. It looks like the delay timing needs to be tweaked a bit. Can you post a few extracts (of the lines I provided earlier) of both success and failure runs?

Sonntag, 18. August 2013, 21:58

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« output from testloop Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Buffer too small. Report length 660, buffer length 658 Iteration 990 Buffer too small. Report length 660, buffer length 658 Iteration 991 Buffer too small. Report length 660, buffer length 658 Iteration 992 Buffer too small. Report length 660, buffer length 658 Iteration 993 Buffer too small. Report length 660, buffer length 658 Iteration 994 Buffer too small. Report length 6...

Samstag, 17. August 2013, 11:01

Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Zitat von »JinTu« I have prototyped the alternate approach in my sandbox (commit a104b34be9290dee691529ce6dee08a8ff87fcc8). I need to give it some more testing though since I did manage to hang my devel box a few times as I was tweaking things. I must admit, this is the most fragility I have seen with stuff running in user space on Linux for a long time and I have been a Linux hacker since kernel 0.99pl8... did you freeze youre whole m...

Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 16:26

Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Zitat von »JinTu« I have prototyped the alternate approach in my sandbox (commit a104b34be9290dee691529ce6dee08a8ff87fcc8). I need to give it some more testing though since I did manage to hang my devel box a few times as I was tweaking things. I must admit, this is the most fragility I have seen with stuff running in user space on Linux for a long time and I have been a Linux hacker since kernel 0.99pl8... did you freeze youre whole machine or only the...

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 17:31

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Zitat von »JinTu« I have prototyped the alternate approach in my sandbox (commit a104b34be9290dee691529ce6dee08a8ff87fcc8). I need to give it some more testing though since I did manage to hang my devel box a few times as I was tweaking things. I must admit, this is the most fragility I have seen with stuff running in user space on Linux for a long time and I have been a Linux hacker since kernel 0.99pl8... did you freeze youre whole machine or only the AE5-USB-Interface...

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 02:11

Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »Raptor 2101« ok with you new version, the "hang to zomby" happens quite often. While running the old version for a weak (through munin) the new version got two hangs at this weakend... Duration: [attach]4278[/attach] Thanks for the heads-up. I am going to have a go at removing the read step (which is just a loop looking for new reports) and only use the ioctls instead since they seem to be consistent and reliable. I have prototyped the alternate approach in my sandb...

Montag, 12. August 2013, 09:44

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« ok with you new version, the "hang to zomby" happens quite often. While running the old version for a weak (through munin) the new version got two hangs at this weakend... Duration: [attach]4278[/attach] Thanks for the heads-up. I am going to have a go at removing the read step (which is just a loop looking for new reports) and only use the ioctls instead since they seem to be consistent and reliable.

Samstag, 10. August 2013, 04:22

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« ok deployed the new version correctly... with the old version i encoutered a situation (long time test, 3 requested every 5 minutes) where the AE5 was unable to be queried by the aerocli (it simply hangs and got sombied) i have to do a soft-reset via Quellcode 1 2 echo 0 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/authorized echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/authorized to get access to the AE5 again... I have seen something similar that occurs on both 2.6 and 3.2 kernels and added some c...

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 08:04

Zitat von »JinTu« Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i encounter some problems while running the you new code on my productive machine. While using the munin plugin i have to remove the "-d /dev/usb/hiddev0" statement cause this leads to a "bad file descriptor"-Error. using the cli without this statement all works well... I will look into it. This is now fixed as of commit 4ac7f2c57128edadcf241f6602cc6078eadc7f1f

Donnerstag, 8. August 2013, 16:57

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« i encounter some problems while running the you new code on my productive machine. While using the munin plugin i have to remove the "-d /dev/usb/hiddev0" statement cause this leads to a "bad file descriptor"-Error. using the cli without this statement all works well... I will look into it.

Donnerstag, 8. August 2013, 02:40

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« with you original script i get the following: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 Test completed in 2 minutes and 0 seconds Encountered 0 failures during test (0%) uname -r 3.8.0-28-generic works very well Great!

Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 00:57

Ready for another round of testing

Hi folks, I am ready for another round of testing with the latest commit from my devel branch of aerotools-ng. I finally found a method that allows reading the 8x HID report 12s that contain the device names "the right way" (full details are in commit 4434bd86ed7aa3ec4fcb7e56605c5d2fb9470a41). With the latest changes I can no longer get the read operation to fail and hope others have the same experience. Note: I have updated the test script in post 23 to be slightly less aggressive by inserting ...

Samstag, 3. August 2013, 00:22

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Test completed in 14 minutes and 56 seconds Encountered 505 failures during test (50.5000%) Testsystem: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (Quad Core) 32 GB Ram/64Bit Ubuntu I have attached two AquaStream XT Standard. Thanks for the test report and additional info! Unfortunately with a failure rate like that, it looks like I have some more work to do... Which kernel version are you currently running? I have seen some additional oddities with the hiddev version that...

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 01:53

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« works fine, here are the outputs. names are correct Thanks Raptor 2101! Since you have Aquastreams: can you tell me if they are the original Aquastream or Aquastream XT? The Ae5 makes a distinction between the two and I want to make sure I am using the appropriate values/names. Also, if you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could run the following script and letting me know what it says at the end of execution: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 1...

Donnerstag, 1. August 2013, 10:04

Testing request

Hi folks, I have committed initial support for reading device (sensor, fan, etc...) names to my devel branch of aerotools-ng and need some testing feedback to ensure the key aspects of how the device names are being retrieved is working properly for other Linux users. The method I was forced to use isn't ideal, and under some rare circumstances has the probability of failing. I would like to ensure that failures are not a legitimate concern by getting test feedback from other systems of varying ...

Montag, 29. Juli 2013, 02:04

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Looks good, values are correct! Great! I'll do a pull request for my main branch. I still need to add support for the SNMP extension before promoting to lynix's devel branch, but will tackle the other two pull requests that came in earlier today first.

Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013, 10:43

I just pushed the changes to my devel branch with the initial set of enhancements to support the Aquastream. Please give it a try with all output modes (standard/export and -a for both) and let me know if anything looks odd.

Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013, 02:10

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« ok the ne munin-plugin is running on my servers. Will test them then next day an do some cosmetics. Wich one of you both are the more active one (to make the pull-request)? Please send all pull requests to my devel branch as I do all the integration testing there before promoting to lynix's repo.

Samstag, 27. Juli 2013, 22:51

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« is there any way to get the configured names out of the CLI tool ? Not currently, but I have figured out how to get to them (currently being tracked by issue #28). I still need to figure out the best method for adding support to aerotools-ng.

Samstag, 27. Juli 2013, 20:31

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« I i'am done with the munin plugin, i will try to disconnect a AS, i ques one of this two bytes signaling the Connected/Running State Cool. I updated my posts above based on a code snippet Sebastian sent me that describes the first two bytes and a previously unknown mode. I'll start rolling up the changes in my devel branch this weekend and will let you know once it is ready for testing.

Samstag, 27. Juli 2013, 01:41

Ok, I found the data starting at 0x1c9 (firmware 1027) or 0x1cb (firmware 1028-1030): Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 default (no AS attached) 02 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 02 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 55Hz for AS1 and AS2, manual mode 01 01 00 37 04 e2 01 b1 01 01 00 37 04 ec 01 b4 AS1 01 01 00 37 04 e2 01 b1 status 0x1c9 (1027) available = 01 alarm = 02 mode 0x1ca (1027) manual = 01 automatic = 00 deairation = 02 offlin...

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013, 23:49

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« there isn't a lot more to configure via AquaBus (from the AE5 to AS) You can only setuo the Mode (Automatic, Manual, deairation) and if you choose the manual mode, you can setup the target frequency. during the test (till the 6th) i configured the manual with different frequencies. In the 6th run i configured the automatic mode in attached to this post i have a dump while my AS1 is in deairation-mode... There is lot more to configure, but than you have to run the aerotoo...

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013, 19:34

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« Ok here are your dumps ...[attach]4182[/attach] Thanks! I'll start digging.... Can you also provide the configuration options for the AS? (e.g. Frequency, Mode, deairation mode, etc..) I see that you have varied the settings a bit each time which is exactly what I need, but also want to know if there are other settings available that were not changed for these dumps.

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013, 09:53

Zitat von »Raptor 2101« As i'am using a native Linux, i'am unable to make screenshots an DataDumps at the same time (maybe i can remote control my canon-cam) but you will receive several dumps and the corresponding values written down by me Understood. Written down values work just as well, but it can be tricky to write them down quickly enough if the values are rapidly changing The idea is that the value captured should match that found in the data/settings dumps to make them easier to find. A...