• 25.04.2024, 02:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-41 von insgesamt 41.

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 09:37

Forenbeitrag von: »LossMentality«

Help: How to Use MPS Sensor Generated Flow Rate in Aquasuite Power Dissipation Calculation?

Well, I guess that is my problem then! I need to connect to the MPS devices by both USB and aquabus if I want to use them in alarms, controllers, etc. Yes, I know that technically an MPS device doesn't have to stay connected via USB once the device is configured, but what if I want to reconfigure or tweak the device? I'd have to reconnect USB. I wish that one bus could handle all of these things. I'd guess the reason USB alone isn't enough is that Aquasuite or aquaservice doesn't pass MPS data r...

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 19:00

Help: How to Use MPS Sensor Generated Flow Rate in Aquasuite Power Dissipation Calculation?

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Have the aquacomputer guys said anything about this on the forums? Guess I'll put a support ticket in. I'll let you know what I hear.

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 02:35

Thanks for the response and apologies for my long delay. Yes, in the screen shot you posted, I see you have more than just the Flow 1 and 2 devices. For some reason though, I don't get that. I only see Flow 1 and 2 - the MPS flow sensor doesn't show up. Basically, as far as I can tell, the only place I have access to the MPS data is either on the MPS's own tab, or on an overview page through an object. MPS appears nowhere under my Aquereo tab, which means I can't use the data for controllers, al...

Samstag, 23. November 2013, 21:07

Hi All - I recently added an MPS flow sensor to my loop, replacing a mechanical flow sensor I previously had. However, I'm unable to find a way to use the new device's flow rate measurement in Aquasuite's power dissipation calculations. When setting up a power measurement in Aquasuite (Aquero 5 page -> Controller's page -> Power Measurement section), the only flow rates that can be assigned to the rate part of the dissipation calculation are the ones that are read from the Aquero's two dedicated...

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 02:52

LED diode stripe or cold cathode to Fan output

I'm not sure what your idea is, so I don't know if it will work for the LED strip or not, but generally CCLs don't dim well. What tends to happen as the voltage gets reduced is that some fraction of the wire emits, and the other part doesn't, with the part that doesn't emit getting smaller as you dim it further. It looks like the only part of the CCL tube is lit, and you can see more or less light as you increase or decrease the voltage. That said, I had a potentiometer laying around and I used ...

Sonntag, 13. Januar 2013, 17:28

New Aquasuite won't save my settings..

Hi Jerami - Forgive if you already know this, but something you can do as a preventative measure in the future to save the Aquaero settings is on the Aquaero 5 tab->System page->Settings section click Export Settings. This lets you save all Aquaero settings into a file which can be imported back in if you ever need to. As far as I know, this covers controllers, sensors, etc... basically everything on the Aquaero 5 tab (or at least everything I've messed with so far). This doesn't save any of you...

Freitag, 11. Januar 2013, 02:44

Fixed!

I wrote AC tech support. They had me remove C:/Program Data/Aquasuite. That folder isn't removed by an uninstall and despite (I thought) searching my entire machine for an items with 'aqua' in the name, I missed it when trying to remove all vestiges of AS from my system. Anyway, I removed the folder, and AS got a bit further before crashing - to the splash screen. Then I reinstalled once more and it was back.

Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2013, 00:43

Fixed! Aquasuite crashing or closing within seconds of starting

Thanks JPM, but I've tried loading AS both with and without OHM running... didn't seem to matter.

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, 02:51

Any help from Shoggy or Sebastian or anyone else at Aquacomputer for this? I'm dead in the water here - pun very intended. Thanks!

Freitag, 4. Januar 2013, 04:23

Aquasuite was running fine for me. I was running the latest version that is currently posted on the download page (at least I think I was). Then something happened with open hardware monitor that also caused aquasuite to have problems. I don't really know details on what happened there; a cryptic error message from OHM seemed to maybe be talking about a temp file, and the fact is that I was running the windows temp file directories in a RAM drive. Or maybe it just seemed to me to be taking about...

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2012, 21:20

i know this might not be the site for this

Yeah, Scott, thanks for those links. I hadn't ever heard of the XR-290 speakers. Hmmmm, now I just need to get a pair!

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2012, 20:12

You're welcome! Your mobo sound specs look to be good enough and inline with what I've seen on many of the dedicated sound cards on the market. I did just go and look at the specs for the Asus card Shoggy mentioned, and they are better. The question you have to ask, though, is if you could actually hear the difference between the two. Imho, it's unlikely you could, and it would probably be dependent on what you're listening to. For example, very dynamic music with very quiet parts may allow you ...

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2012, 05:01

Sure PegLeg, I'm the same way: I want things to sound great too! Okay, here's the deal with the Dolby Digital Live; forgive me if I cover stuff you already know. So, video games on PCs output digital sound to whatever sound hardware is on your PC. The sound card then translates the digital to analog voltages and outputs these to some sort of amplifier (an A/V receiver or an amp built into the speakers themselves), which then outputs it to the speakers. To hear surround sound from your PC, you ne...

Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012, 21:13

Just thought I'd add to what Scott and others have said. There are actually balanced lines that are implemented with typical phone jacks. They look like typical stereo head-phone jacks. I say stereo because any balanced connection must have 3 wires, and stereo headphone plugs do - you can see the metal plug is divided into 3 sections. This is known as a TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) plug and you'll see balanced systems that support both that and the XLR mentioned above. For example, I have several audio...

Freitag, 21. Dezember 2012, 19:30

Data Log->Data Sources->Time Range bug

Thanks Shoggy. To be sure, is the database file C:\Program Files\aquasuite 2012\aquasuite.exe.config? Or is it C:\Program Files\aquasuite 2012\Content\aquasuite_db.database" ?

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 19:52

Excellent Sebastian! It's working exactly as I hoped! Thanks for improving an already excellent piece of software. Also I want to say that I noticed the performance improvements; they're much appreciated too. On a somewhat related note: is there any way to save chart manager profiles (e.g. export to an XML file or something)? I haven't seen a way to do that, and it would be helpful for re-installing aquasuite. If that's not availble, can you please tell me in which file Aquasuite stores the char...

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 01:40

Aquasuite: statistics for data log

Right - I figured statistic data was dynamically calculated. Is there any way to get a chart on the Data Log->Analyze Data page to do these statistic calculations when data is displayed and to then also display the resulting statistics? So that I could say give me the reading of temp sensor x for the last hour and also calculate the mean, max, and min seen over that hour. Thanks!

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 01:36

Thanks for the response. I understand the concern with loading too much data. But it'd be nice to be able to set up a chart profile that displays only data from the last 5 minutes. Or 10 minutes. Or whatever. As it stands now, I have to manually go through every sensor being displayed and set it to the last 5 minutes and then display the data. And of course doing it manually means that the last sensor I display will have more recent data than the first sensor. In short, it seems wrong that all c...

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012, 01:29

I think there's a bug in Data Log->Data Sources->Time Range - either that or my expectations of how it should work are wrong. If you go and set the time ranges for a sensor in the Data Log->Data Sources list, the time range will be reset to 1 hour as soon as you switch to another sensor. So, if you want to set up a chart that shows the last 3 minutes of data for 2 sensors, you can't because as soon as you switch to another sensor, the first sensor's time range is reset. Also, the chart profiles ...

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012, 00:24

aquaero 5 ,how come i have to always restart my aquasuite 2012

Pegleg: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/118…inistrator.html I think option 6 will tell you how to do what you want. Check out the whole thing though as it tells you all the various ways to launch a program with admin rights.

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012, 00:15

Aquasuite: statistics for data log

Does anyone know of a way to get aquasuite to display statistics for data produced via the Data Log functionality? I'm not talking about how stats can be displayed for the individual sensors when a sensor item is displayed on an overview page - I'm talking about the data displayed as a chart from the Data Log pages. It'd be nice to see means, maximums, and minimums (and any other stat calculations) for data that is displayed on a Data Log chart. Also, I realize that the XML logs of the data coul...

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012, 23:52

Examples of Aquasuite Custom Controls

Hi All - Does any one have examples of what can be done using the "Data Binding" and " Data Conditions" Aquasuite custom controls? I've not spent much time looking at the preset code for each, but the comments seem vague to me and I'm not sure what the "usercontrol" they refer to is. What'd be great is if someone has done something interesting with these and could post the code. Thanks!

Montag, 26. November 2012, 21:45

Aquasuite Software Sensor Data Source Setting Dissapears after reboot

So I've got a workaround for this that I thought I'd share in case anyone else runs into this problem. Having the Aqua Computer Service start late fixes the issue I was seeing. I did this as follows: 1. Let Aquasuite and Open Hardware Monitor start at system start-up as normal. 2. Go to Window's services and set the "Aqua Computer Service" start-up type to manual. 3. In task scheduler, create a new task. 4. Set it to run with highest privileges. 5. As a trigger, have it run at system start-up an...

Montag, 26. November 2012, 19:25

Name Truncation Issue

Thanks Boris and CC. I'm not 100% sure on the 21 char limit but that's how many were left after truncation on the several occasions I bothered to count.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 05:18

Name Truncation Issue

Is there a maximum length that user defined names (e.g. sensor names) can have in aquasuite? I've got a few sensors with some longer names and I'm able to enter those names and see them show up every where in Aquasuite (i.e. in charts or gauges etc.). But every so often, I'll look at one of those names, and see it's been truncated. I'm not sure when it happens, but I've definitely seen it happen after closing and reopening AS. It seems like the software handles these longer names just fine until...

Montag, 26. November 2012, 05:10

So what my testing has shown is that Aquasuite, the AC service, and OHM (I'm assuming Aida would be the same) can start in pretty much any order and things will be okay once all three are up and running. So I'm seeing that pretty much like you are. Where my problem arises is when the AC service is allowed to start right away at boot. If I start it manually right after boot, things are okay, and I've tested starting the service manually both before and after Aquasuite and OHM. So I'll have those ...

Montag, 26. November 2012, 01:45

Yes, I guess so. Seems like something is interfering with the Aqua Computer process if it runs too early. I'll try the delay start service option and if that doesn't help I'll probably right a script that launches at boot but waits 30 seconds to start the service.... Or I've been meaning to reinstall Windows anyway, so this might be a good time to see if it helps.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 19:19

Virtual Sensor Temp Difference Reading Question

Larry, well put! I don't mean to be nit-picky and I agree with what you said about it working or not being there. It won't kill me to get used to looking at C temps, that's for sure. And the aquaero seems to be a pretty nice piece of hardware. Sebastian, thanks for explaining more. I'm still not sure I see the why this change would be impossible- all the info is floating around in aquasuite, from the original sensor readings, to which sensor readings go into making a virtual sensor reading. That...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 19:00

Thanks very much cpachris for taking the time to read the thread and make a suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried Aida64, but still have the same problem. Also, not all of the aida64 temperature sensors showed up in aquasuite's software sensor datasource list, even though I had them all checked for export to WMI in aida64. This included two of the four CPU core temps and both of the GPU temps. I guess that doesn't matter though, since I'll probably stick with OHM since it's free and aida64 has the ...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 11:48

Okay, I verified the info in my last post several more times. Basically, AS can't see previously set up software sensors if the AC service starts automatically at boot. When this happens, the software sensors go back to their default state after they timeout (according to the time out setting for the sensor) or when I click on the aquaero -> sensors tab. (Incidentally, I was often getting a crash when I clicked on this tab after booting. AS would crash multiple times after a boot when I tried to...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 11:24

Well I now sort of know what's going on. I set the aqua computer service start up mode to manual and rebooted. Then I launched OHM and then the AC service. Finally, I launched AS, and the software sensors were fine. I then rebooted again, with the AC Service still in manual start mode. This time, I started the AC service first, then OHM, followed by AS. I expected the software sensors to not be working (because I was thinking the AC service had to launch AFTER OHM). So I was a bit surprised to s...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 11:06

I downloaded and used the 0.4.0 beta version of OHM. Unfortunately, I still have the exact same problem.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 10:03

Thanks Shoggy - that's the file I needed. Okay, here's what I did. 1 Launch OHM 2. Launch AS 3. Open service_settings.xml (hereafter, I'll call this file "SS") and observe that the software sensor fields appear to have default values: <SoftwareSensorConfig> <enabled>false</enabled> <sensorName /> <id>-1</id> <software>none</software> <sourcePath /> </SoftwareSensorConfig> Note that I have renamed all of my software sensors, but those names are not showing up in the SS file. 4. In AS, go to aquae...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 08:08

I tried a full power cycle. Still have same problem. Do you think you could tell me where on the PC the software sensor settings are saved? I could then go and verify that they're actually being written. I've done some poking around in various files but haven't found anything that looks like software sensor settings yet. Thanks!

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 07:57

Correct, the software sensors do indeed work fine when I set them up. They correctly report the corresponding temp value shown in OHM. It's just that AS seems to forget that I had them set up whenever I reboot. Yes, there must be something fishy here if no one else is seeing this problem... can i supply you with more info or can I try something else? Hmmm.... are you saying you'd like me to do a full power cycle of the machine instead of just a reboot? Thanks!

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 07:37

Thanks for explaining. I'm well aware of the prevalance of C over F in scientific and engineering calculations and devices (and that's how it should be, the C scale is easier to work with). I use it myself for that sort of thing. It's just I grew up with F, so I don't have an intuitive feel for just how warm a value in C is. When I'm just looking at a temp. like CPU temps or water temps, I like to see it in F so I can say, wow, that's really warm! So maybe I've missed what you're saying, and I d...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 07:20

I should add that not only is the data source blank, but the "Use Sensor with Aqua Computer Service" check box, which has to be checked to select a data source, is always unchecked after the reboot.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 07:18

Thank you for the reply Sebastian. I may not have understood what you're saying, but after setting up the software sensors, I have indeed closed auquasuite, but still have the same problem. To verify though, after reading your post, I tried the following: 1 Launch OHM 2. Launch AS 3. Set up a software sensor. 4. Close AS 5. Open AS and verify that software sensor is still reading from the OHM data source (it is). 6. Close AS 7. Reboot 8. After reboot, launch OHM 9. Launch AS 10. AS data source f...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 05:26

If I set up aquasuite software sensors to use Open Hardware Monitor temps, everything works okay until I reboot. Once I do, each software sensor's data source (the setting under the check box that says "Use sensor with aqua computer service") is gone and the check box is unchecked. I can close and open both aquasuite and OHM in any order without rebooting and have no problems. Note other settings (e.g. the name of the software sensor) are not lost. I'm running the latest version of OHM downloade...

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 02:36

Thanks Larry! I am indeed using F - I almost wondered if that was the problem but instead of switching to C I said, naw, can't be. I read the link you posted. That's.... incredible. Maybe something was lost in translation, but it's two lines of code to take the number aquasuite is going to display to the screen, check a flag to see if it should be F or C, and then run it through the conversion formula. In other words, they could just do the conversion right before the user sees it if they feel i...

Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 22:32

HI All - Can't seem to find info on this. I just got the aquaero 5 up and running. I'm using aquasuite 2012 and am just playing around with it at this point to learn how it works - I'm not actually trying to do anything serious. So I went and I set up a virtual sensor. I choose absolute temp difference mode. I dropped two temp sensors into the data sources box. These temp sensor were maybe 2 degrees apart. But the output from the virtual sensor said something like 30 degrees. I've tried both abs...