• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-50 von insgesamt 55.

Sonntag, 5. Januar 2014, 07:40

Forenbeitrag von: »Jeremy«

Aquasuite virtual temperature problem with software temperature sensors

Why not just base the virtual sensor off of TCase temp instead?

Montag, 15. Juli 2013, 22:44

Little question for the 360 eco +

How is your fan header configured in your BIOS? It'll need to be set up for voltage control instead of PWM control.

Montag, 15. Juli 2013, 22:38

Did you set it up as the instructors say to?

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 17:19

Easy Fan questions!

Easy option is to start them up at reduced voltage, say 5V instead of 12V. They should still start up just fine, and they'll draw less amperage as they start that way.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 17:16

D5 Pump Failure

Did you run it full speed or reduced? How long did it last for you?

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 03:36

Can the Aquaero 5 LT run a DDC3.2 plus fans?

Zitat von »Grasshopper« Is a good question, if the AQ5 can handle 12W( 1 amp) with aluminum heat sink / channel Where did you get that spec? Documentation I can find says 20 watts per channel, but dynamically controlled for heat considerations. It doesn't say anything about what to expect with what cooling.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 03:01

Can the Aquaero 5 LT run a DDC3.2 plus fans?

The DDC3.2 is rated for Nominal Power (@ 12 V) 14 to 19W and Nominal Current (@ 12 V) 1.16 to 1.58A according to Swiftech. The Aquaero 5 is rated for 1.65A/channel, maximum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring. What concerns me is the description for the PowerAdjust 2: "The poweradjust 2 is primarily optimized for the control of Laing DDC pumps, but also other consumers with up to 25W continuous power at 12 volts can be connected to the controller." So, is the Aquaero 5 LT...

Freitag, 5. Juli 2013, 18:05

The fittings on the Eco units are G1/4. You can use whatever barbs and tubing you want with it AFAIK. If you're talking about the tubing INSIDE the unit, I'm not sure those are user-serviceable.

Freitag, 5. Juli 2013, 02:18

Poweradjust 2 ultra and aqua computer high flow sensor : LOW FLOW!

So it got THAT clogged in a mere 18 months? What were you using for fluid?

Dienstag, 2. Juli 2013, 15:24

Random alarms, what the heck?

Zitat von »Pilo« Have you looked into the event logs? You can find it under 'Aquaero/System/Event log'...you must download the log data from the device first to see the messages. Didn't even know that was there, thanks for that. I found the issue. The first alarm was most definite the Aquaero, but it seems that the rest were my UPS trying to get my attention. It sits right next to the computer, so the sound was coming from the same general area. Apparently the UPS wants a new battery.

Dienstag, 2. Juli 2013, 02:33

Random alarms, what the heck?

Three times today an alarm has gone off on my Aquaero LT. The first time it was due to a stopped fan. Cool, it did what it was supposed to do. However, closer inspection revealed that the only reason the fan stopped was because the fan settings reverted to settings I hadn't used in months. Several new settings of various flavors have been burned to the unit since then, but none using that fan setting, and none burned at all in several days. So I reset the fan minimum power to what it should be, ...

Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013, 20:45

Heatsink for Aquaero 5 LT in US?

Thanks. I swear I looked on their site 2 days ago and didn't see it. Either my search-fu was weak that day or it's a recent addition.

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013, 03:21

Heatsink for Aquaero 5 LT in US?

I looked over a few store websites today. FrozenCPU, Performance PCs, Sidewinder, Jab-tech, I even tried Amazon. None of them carry the heatsink for the Aquaero 5. A few have the water block available, but I just need/want the heatsink. Does anybody know where I can get one? Has anybody used a generic heatsink and just stuck it on using thermal tape? Does anyone have one laying around from when they installed the water block and would be willing to sell it to me?

Montag, 24. Juni 2013, 04:55

Aquasuite 2013 updates - version number or dates?

There's been more than one request for the same thing. No response except "the version on our website is the most recent!", which is kind of useless information if I need to figure if I'm running the most recent software.

Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013, 02:03

AIRPLEX MODULARITY SYSTEM – PUMP Pre-Sales Questions

Sorry, I was apparently extra-super-cranky when I typed that out. I meant Aquaero, not Aquabus. Actually, he doesn't directly indicate currently possessing either of them, so we're all guessing a little. Also, I tried to find these products under (oddly) "Products" yesterday. They're not there. They ARE present, as you pointed out, under the Shop option though. Strange. Must be a German thing. I'm surprised they don't have a DDC option as well. There's another company (that I won't mention by na...

Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2013, 03:52

:sigh: You didn't list that in your requirements. Communicating poorly and then acting smug about it is no way to get started on a forum. The DDC3.2 is voltage controlled. Uses 1 fan header on your Aquabus. DDC35x is the same pump but with PWM control. Also easily controlled via Aquabus. Both have rpm connectors. Temp sensing fittings are cheap and readily available. Only downside is that the DDC3.2 consumes up to 18 watts/1.5amps on your Aquabus. Given this, the PWM version is probably the bett...

Dienstag, 18. Juni 2013, 20:26

x2 on the DDC3.2 or 35x pumps. They're my first choice as well.

Dienstag, 18. Juni 2013, 20:25

Is support@aqua-computer.de the correct e-mail address for support?

Download and install the Chrome browser. It's not my favorite, but it has built-in website translation which is very handy for forms like that. It's not perfect, but it might be close enough. Did you buy from a reseller or direct from AC? Let us know how things turn out.

Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013, 17:56

aquasuite 2013 error starting

Did you try a simple reboot? I had AS12-2 crash on me once at startup. I shut down the system and restarted, it never happened again. I attributed it to a random electron fart.

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013, 22:51

Free monitoring software for software sensors?

A Yate Loon 120mm fan spinning at 200rpm keeps the drives at a very comfortable 35-38deg C. It spins up from there as needed if ambient starts getting toasty (which it does in the summer), keeping the things at 40-41 deg C or less. "Asthmatic ant" is a good way to describe a Yate Loon at 215 rpm, both in terms of airflow and noise production, but it's just enough to do what it needs to.

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013, 18:18

Update and what I think will be my final solution for this. The problem kept occurring at random, but I finally had a brain cell fire off an idea at me today. Virtual sensors. I set a Virtual Sensor with all the hard drives in the system, and had it take the highest one. Even if the name/number they get reported as jumbles around, I'm only concerned with the highest one anyway. The only downside is that since I have 4 drives (SSD plus 3 HDD), I had to use two virtual sensor slots to pull it off....

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 22:20

Can I measure water temp using the included temp probes?

FrozenCPU is actually who I order my LT from in the first place, I'm familiar with them. I didn't consider that a more generic temperature sensor fitting would work just fine, I had be looking for specifically for the AquaComputer sensor fitting. It's good to know that any brand with the right connector will work. Zitat von »Scott Loves Dogs« Please let us know what you end up doing, it may be helpful to someone wondering the same thing some time in the future. This is all in the planning stages...

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 18:35

The LT comes with 4 of these: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1621 Since I already have them, that's what I was looking to use. I doesn't make much sense for me to get a special fitting shipped from Germany (nobody in the US sells those that I can see) if I can accomplish the same thing or very close to it using what I already have on hand.

Samstag, 8. Juni 2013, 09:39

I might be jumping back into water cooling after a brief hiatus. Now that I have my Aquaero LT, I have the capability to monitor water temps. Can the included temp probes be used for this, or are they a poor choice? Where's the best to put them? Attached to tubing? Attached to rad? Attached to a fitting somewhere? Is there anything that should or should not be used to attach the probe to things?

Montag, 3. Juni 2013, 19:18

Voltage regulator temps?

No heat sink or water block on mine, but the board sits right behind the main intake fan in front. Temps on the hotter VRM are generally in the 50-60 deg C range. I've never seen it get above 60, so I guess I'll call it good.

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, 19:25

Voltage regulator temps?

Searching reveals that the maximum regulator temp is 90 deg C, at which point they stop regulating and go full 12V until they cool off. Is there a "safe operating range" that it's better for the regulators to be at for maximum longevity? Just because thermal shutdown happens at a given temp doesn't mean you want to necessarily operate a device at or even near that temperature. What's a good goal for the voltage regulators in daily use? Temperatures are approaching 90 deg F in my office today so ...

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, 19:18

D5 minimum power/speed

Every individual device, even from the same family or group of products, will have its own personality and limits due to tolerances in manufacturing and application differences. The only way to find the absolute limits for your specific device is via testing and experimentation.

Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, 20:19

D5 minimum power/speed

25% of total available volts isn't the same as "25% speed", technically. Every DC powered device, be it a fan or pump, has two important voltages to keep in mind: 1. Minimum starting voltage. This is the voltage required to get the thing spinning from a dead stop. My Yate Loon fans have a minimum starting voltage of around 3.6 volts, for example. 2. Minimum operating voltage. This is the minimum voltage that can be applied to a device and still have it function (spin). My Yate Loon fans can oper...

Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, 16:46

CPU and memory usage for AS2013

It's been an ongoing issue/bug for a long time now, it's getting slowly better but isn't resolved. There's no avoiding it if you use the software. The only solution is to close the software and then re-open it when it starts becoming an issue. Luckily, the software isn't required for the hardware to run properly, the software is only needed to make modifications and monitor things once everything is written to the device.

Sonntag, 19. Mai 2013, 19:38

Aquaero 5 XT first run

For ultimate safety and near idiot-proofing for the initial setup, leave your power configuration however it is currently or just temporarily connect the pumps and a few fans to regular power supply headers or motherboard headers. Connect nothing to the Aquaero, just connect power and USB on one of the units. Boot up, get everything flashed on that one, then power down and connect the second Aquaero. Boot up again, flash everything, set up your basic outputs, set everything to 100% power, power ...

Freitag, 17. Mai 2013, 15:42

Aquaero 5 LT and profile load in Alarm Actions

Zitat von »sebastian« Profiles not available for aquaero 5 lt. This is interesting. I thought the LT was everything the XT was (identical control board), so why is this feature not available? Is it simply for product differentiation, or can we hope that the feature will be enabled at some point? "Please note that at present not all functions are available for the aquaero 5 LT. If you want to use specific functions and you are not sure if they have been already integrated to the aquasuite 2012 s...

Freitag, 3. Mai 2013, 09:30

RE: Aargh. M4 screws please.

Here ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=m4x12

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 22:19

Yea, it's kind of an odd issue I suppose. The reported temp within OHM is correct when this happens if you look at device names, it's just that it reports HD0's temp in the slot that it normally uses for HD1. For the cost of free I suppose I can't complain, but I do wish temperature monitoring was a part of Aquasuite instead of requiring other programs.

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 21:16

The issue with that is that hard drive longevity increases if they're allowed to get a little warm, so the fan doesn't turn on until they warm up a bit. If I ran the fan constantly, even at it's lowest possible setting, the discs would take a long time to get up to temp if they ever got there at all. Basically, it feels like I'd be engineering my way around a problem that shouldn't exist by doing that.

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 19:54

Is Open Hardware Monitor the only non-cost option that works with Aquasuite? The reason I'm asking is that I've been having some intermittent trouble with it. I have 4 storage devices in my computer. One SSD with a static-reading temp sensor and three mechanical HDDs of various capacities. I have a fan in front of the hard drive cage whose speed is determined by the temperature of the drive that runs the hottest. Problem is, every once in a while OHM reports HD1 (the hot drive) with HD0's temper...

Montag, 15. April 2013, 01:50

What version of AS is currently on the download page?

I know 2013-2 was released, then pulled due to issues. I never saw an announcement about 2013-2 (2013-3?) being released. The download page makes no mention of version or date that it was updated, only what the requirements are. I know that the version on the download page is the "most recent" version, but I can't tell if what I'm running (2013-1) is outdated or not without version numbers of some kind! Please consider putting SOMETHING on the download page to indicate which version of the softw...

Samstag, 30. März 2013, 17:56

Aquasuite 2013-1, Ambitious, but still buggy.

Sebastian - run the test longer. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happens, but it does happen. 3 hours evidently isn't enough time. What happens at 6, 9, or 12+ hours? My system is typically up for 12-18 hours per day depending on exactly what's going on. 3 hours is nothing. I'll try to take better notes about when CPU use starts creeping up.

Montag, 25. März 2013, 22:25

Aquasuite 2013-1, Ambitious, but still buggy.

Sebatian- I don't know if you're aware of this for your testing, but my experience and some experimentation has shown the following regarding the CPU bug on my system: 1. It is not in any way solved in 2013-1. I get full usage of 1 core (24-25% CPU load) after the system has been running for "a while". 2. The bug only manifests (in both 2012 and 2013-1) if an Overview page is viewed. If the program stays minimized on my taskbar all day, I don't have an issue. If I open the program and play with ...

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 02:20

Aquaero prevents windows from booting

My motherboard had an issue where it would boot-loop the POST constantly if I started it with an external hard drive connected to USB. After I updated the BIOS firmware, the issue went away. That's why I suggested checking for an update. It's a pretty safe and easy process on most motherboards made in the last 5 years. WAY easier than it used to be.

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 02:17

Trouble with Software Sensor offset in AS 2013-1? Bug?

Temperature fluctuates as expected, but the Tcase as reported is off by about 6 degrees. I've known this since I built the system. The Tcase sensor on the C2Q chips is known to be that way. It's easy enough to correct for via offset, but offset doesn't appear to be working in Aquasuite 2013-1 for some reason. Open Hardware Monitor won't apply an offset, so it has to be done in Aquasuite. If someone else could try using offset to change the reported value for a software sensor and tell me whether...

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 05:29

Aquaero prevents windows from booting

Have you checked for a motherboard BIOS update from ASUS?

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 05:27

Trouble with Software Sensor offset in AS 2013-1? Bug?

I got everything set up again after the update, but my CPU temperature software sensor needs an offset to read correctly. No matter how much or what I do to the "Offset" slider though, the displayed value never changes. Is this a bug in the new version, or did I forget some critical step to getting offsets to work?

Samstag, 9. Februar 2013, 00:37

maximum fan output selection for controller?

If your calculated dT is changing rapidly, something is amiss with the sensors. Which sensor reading is changing? Water temp or air temp? Both? Where, exactly, is the air temp probe located? Is your water flow rate exceptionally low? There are a ton of possibilities here.

Freitag, 8. Februar 2013, 15:50

Zitat von »Jakusonfire« That's a problem with how you have set up your sensors ... probably positioning your air sensor. That's an excellent point. I'd bet his ambient temp sensor is somewhere inside the case or in a similar place that's subject to heat soak and temperature variations.

Freitag, 8. Februar 2013, 03:05

Aquasuite 2012 -5 cpu usage

What, exactly, has to be running for fan control? I only get CPU usage even close to that when Aquasuite has been running for 12-15 hours. Closing it and re-opening it solves it, seems to be a memory leak. I'm currently on Aquasuite 2012-6

Freitag, 8. Februar 2013, 03:01

Zitat von »cc01« however under load I get regular and pronounced fluctuations of fan speed. I have a few suggestions/notes you might consider that could help. One, how steep is your ramp? If it's too steep, you'll get large/noticeable increases in fan speed with small increases in temp. Two, consider a stepped ramp instead of a pure linear one. 25% for dT from 0-3 deg C, 50% from 3-6, 75% from 6-10, 100% for 10+. Those numbers are just a suggestion, but broad plateaus like that might keep the f...

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 15:09

Zitat von »Jakusonfire« Why would you ever want your fans to stop? In my particular case, the top fan is weird. I get much better idle temps with it on, but much better gaming load temps with it off. So I have it set to turn off when GPU temp reaches a certain point. You wouldn't need to change the curves based on season if you used water temp instead of dT, but you might need to settle for a higher base dT. Fans start at water temp of 30, ramp to max by water temp 40. If you're benching, that ...

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 05:32

Zitat von »jpmboy« AS2012 has start, but not stop parameters. 0% on the fan curve = 0 volts = stop. The biggest issue I have with using dT to determine fan speed is that the system won't compensate at all for changes in ambient. If your ambient is pretty steady year round this isn't an issue, but if your ambient is 65 deg F in the winter and 85-90+ in the summer like it is for me you might want to consider using straight water temp instead of dT. Sure, it'll be noisier in the summer, but that's...

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 05:30

System flush

I don't see the need for anything like that. Do the rad dance with some vinegar and distilled and you should be fine. What catches anything that stuff knocks loose?

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 15:08

What, exactly, has to be running for fan control?

Zitat von »EnigmaG« The Aqua Computer Windows Service is only for the implementation of data from Open Hardware Monitor Bollocks. My curves are based on virtual sensors, so that won't work. Oh well. Thanks for all the information, guys.