• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-11 von insgesamt 11.

Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014, 22:38

Forenbeitrag von: »Bradeck«

Connecting Swiftech PWM splitters to 6XT

I've actually done it, and it works fine. Be aware though that if you use Corsair PWM fans, those needs a stronger PWM signal than most fan, and if you got 8 of them on the splitter, then they would run at full speed if PWM controlled. Other than that, works like a charm. Seanimus actually linked two of those splitter and connected them to a single channel on the aquaero 6, and controll all the fans via PWM (see this post). Cheers

Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014, 13:08

Help with Aquaero 6 XT PWM controller.

It seems the aquaero 6 and the Swiftech MCP655-PWM aren't playing nice with each other, maybe due to implementation of different version of the PWM standard. In my setup, if I put the pump at 99% power (I set a controllet with fixed output), then the pump stops, and at 100%, it rusn at 3000 RPM. It's known to both Swiftech and Aquaero, and they are woking on it. Besides the fact that it's "fun" to control everything with the aquaero, the pump is so silent at full speed, I just let it run at 100%

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 19:18

Problem controlling PWM fans or pump with the aquaero 6 [Solved]

Zitat von »Pilo« Maybe the reason why it's not working with more then 6 of your fans is, that the PWM signal from the aquaero has not enough power to feet more then six fans. If you connect one more fan, the signal level gets to low to trigger the internal pwm electronic of your fans. With some other fans the attenuation could be much more less and you could connect more fans then only six. Pilo, you nailed it on the head. It's been confirmed by Swiftech saying that they have seen it with Corsa...

Samstag, 11. Januar 2014, 19:12

Some very weird news Having found some crimping tool, I went ahaed and did some tests. 1/ Using an old 4 way splitter, I made a little rewiring and put all the cable into the fan connector, and plugged it in the aquaero= Success, I can PWM control them ! 2/ So I did the same rewiring on the 8 way splitter and... = The 8 fans run at full speed. 3/ As I could not believe my eyes, I redid test 1, wich did work, so I redid test 2 with only the four fans from test 1 connected to the 8 way splitter = ...

Samstag, 11. Januar 2014, 12:38

Zitat von »wa3pnt« Just use the Voltmeter to measure the voltage between the Ground pin on the Aquaero Fan Header, and the Ground (normally the blask wire) on the Power Supply Molex Plug. I would look for a voltage of 10 millivolts (.01 volts) or less. If that voltage is higher than .1 volts, I would not strap the two together. RodeoGeorge Bugger, all the cable are black... But I did find some schematics to find where they are located. But from the post of Sebastian and Pilo, I dind't understan...

Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2014, 23:04

@Sebastian and Pilo: I'm sorry to report that it didn't work It seems that my only hope is to put all the four calbe in the fan header. It was my intention from the start, to let the aquaero feed power and PWM signal to my hub of fans, but the splitters won't allow it (for now....) @wa3pnt : I"m a total incompetent regarding electricity. I can get my hands on a "voltmetre" (don't know the term in english) this week-end, but how should I use it to mesure what you're asking ? (Yes electricity is a...

Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2014, 13:32

@DarkRanger: I understand all that, but working in a field where inter-operability is paramount, I'm always frustrated by things that should work well together but aren'tt. My point is not to rant against the products nor their manufacturer, as they are are good product and I respect both companies. @Sebastian and Pilo: I'll try that as soon as I get home and tell you the results.

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014, 22:54

Zitat von »Pilo« I'm guessing, if you would connect all 4 wires (12V, GND, RPM and PWM) only to the Aquaero 6 PWM terminal, without the external 12V+GND from the PSU, it would work perfectly. I think it would, but it's impossible without "tinkering" with the splitter (this one). On the page you can see the schematic of the splitter. You plug the fans in, and you must connect the sata power to the PSU and the fan connector to a 4 pin fan header (the aquaero). As seen on the schematic, only two c...

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014, 19:10

I did some new testing today with another type of splitter : A two way splitter that draws power from the fan header, and connected to it only two fans. And : I can control them via PWM on the aquaero. So I may be wrong, but all my empiric tests suggest that even when the aquaero is set to PWM control, it still require to send the actual electrical power to the fan or the header does not propagate the PWM signal. If it's true, it seems to me to be a major flaw as ALL the splitter that I know of ...

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014, 12:17

@larry : Thanks for the link @sebastian : thanks for your quick answer and the clarification. I've seen in the aquasuite that the ouput is set on 12v. What is misleading is that on the controller the value is labelled as "power" So is there an explanation as to why the Pwm control works with the motherboard but not with the aquaero ? ( I use the exact same controller in the aquasuite with the 8 fans on the splitter than when I plug only one fan... ) Or can you explain to me how to correctly conn...

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014, 01:38

Hello there, I mailed the aquacomputer support, but maybe some of you has an answer. I simply cannot control my PWM fans or pump through the aquaero First, the setup: - 1 brand new aquaero 6 - 8 PWM fans, plugged in a 8 way splitter (the swiftech) - One DCP655 PWM pump (also from swiftech) Pump problem : The pump has a power cable, and a PWM signal cable, and cannot run if the power cable is not plugged. If I plug the PWM signal it in the CPU fan controller header on the motherboard, everything ...