• 20.04.2024, 00:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-39 von insgesamt 39.

Freitag, 11. Februar 2022, 22:38

Forenbeitrag von: »mattlach«

Will the Aquaero 6 work properly in a USB 1.1 port?

Hey everyone! I am considering using an Aquaero 6 in an unconventional manner, aiding me in cooling a system controlled by an old embedded computer (can't be upgraded due to need for old controller interfaces) The system supports a max of USB 1.1. The Aquaero 5 and Aquaero 6 both use USB2 interfaces. Will they function if connected to a USB 1.1 interface, or do they require all of the bandwidth and power provided by a USB2 port? If not, I see that the Aquaero 4 used to use USB 1.1. If I can get ...

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020, 23:33

Splitty 9 active PWM problem

Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »TWiST« Zitat von »colin342« Zitat von »Shoggy« Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Disappointed in the brevity of the reply. A short explanation would have been helpful. Too often the consumer is bounced between manufacturers, being told 'it;s the other guys issue'. The problem is exclusive to the splitty9 active? I have a splitty9 (not active) driving nine Noctua A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 fans, on fan port 4 of an aquaero 6 XT with a curve controller. I have 20% minimum po...

Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020, 00:11

Fan Controller Delay Possible? Stop fans from ramping up and down on Ryzen

I had this issue with one of my pumps. I just configured a minimum pump speed, and I never had the issue again.

Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020, 00:10

Controlling Two (or more) Aquaero's Not in Master/Slave mode from Aquasuite?

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone knows how this would behave. I am considering doing a little bit of an unusual multiloop setup (CPU & GPU on one loop, Radiators on another, coolant mixing in reservoir) bit it will wind up needing more PWM and Aquabus connections than are available on one Aquaero. Luckily I have a spare Aquaero sitting around, so I figured I'd hook them both up, but use both as masters with no slave device. Does anyone know if the Aquasuite software handles multiple units like ...

Dienstag, 26. Mai 2020, 06:37

Zitat von »TWiST« Zitat von »colin342« Zitat von »Shoggy« Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Disappointed in the brevity of the reply. A short explanation would have been helpful. Too often the consumer is bounced between manufacturers, being told 'it;s the other guys issue'. The problem is exclusive to the splitty9 active? I have a splitty9 (not active) driving nine Noctua A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 fans, on fan port 4 of an aquaero 6 XT with a curve controller. I have 20% minimum power and no issues wit...

Freitag, 24. April 2020, 01:21

RE: Looking for Aquagrafx GTX295

Zitat von »cristian.ticu« If not appropriate,please delete. As the title says, I'm looking for a wb for the GTX295, aquacomputer only of course. naked copper or nickel, doesn't matter. . I'm tired of eyeing ebay for months,maybe someone here has one for sale. feel free to post here,or send DM's. Wow. Interesting choice. That's an 11 year old GPU. I am curious, how come you went this route? The 295 was pretty badass when it was new, but today even a low end GPU will likely beat it. And it doesn'...

Donnerstag, 23. April 2020, 19:06

Flow Meter (53068) Troubleshooting Help?

Zitat von »Diago« Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »mattlach« Diago, As an aside, I just realized what may have been a contributing factor in our disagreement earlier. I don't think we were talking about the same Delta T. In retrospect I think you were calculating the temperature of the coolant before and after the block. Is that correct? The Delta T I was talking about was the temperature difference between the coolant temperature, and the actual silicon core temperature as measured on die. This...

Donnerstag, 23. April 2020, 01:17

Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »sultan.of.swing« Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »sultan.of.swing« I always question people’s flow numbers, I’m running triple D5 pumps in series and using a AQ high flow sensor and with all 3 at max only see 400lph. Added pumps in series increase head pressure linearly, but flow rate does not increase linearly with head pressure. This helps explain it. Each pump added to a loop results in less of a gain in flow than the pump before it, and how much depends on the...

Donnerstag, 23. April 2020, 01:03

Zitat von »sultan.of.swing« Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »sultan.of.swing« I always question people’s flow numbers, I’m running triple D5 pumps in series and using a AQ high flow sensor and with all 3 at max only see 400lph. Added pumps in series increase head pressure linearly, but flow rate does not increase linearly with head pressure. This helps explain it. Each pump added to a loop results in less of a gain in flow than the pump before it, and how much depends on the system curve of the ...

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 21:18

High flow sensor ticking

In my experience with mine, and others that I have read, this is pretty typical during and right after initial fill. Within a few days of running, usually all air works its way out of the system, and it quiets down. At least I think that is what is happening.

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 20:59

Anyway, This is all mostly irrelevant to the issue at hand. Martin's Flow Rate Estimator is very old at this point, and lacks modern parts, but modelling my loop with similar parts it predicts approximately 1GPM with one D5, and 1.5GPM with two D5's. This mostly lines up with my previous measurements. Nothing has changed in the loop since then, performance seems equivalent to where it was before, both subjective (from observing reservoir during fill) and objective (though not perfect as Diago ha...

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 20:36

Zitat von »Diago« Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »Diago« Zitat von »mattlach« Alrighty. I did some follow up testing with the system assembled and running, and I believe I have confirmed that it is the flowmeter readout that is incorrect, not the actual flow that is diminished. I loaded up the system with a loop of heaven benchmark at 4k, maximum quality settings, vsync off, on a highly overclocked Pascal Titan X and let it run until the system reached a steady state. The system was maintaining...

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 17:52

Zitat von »Diago« Yes it can be opened and maintained. As i said before: Its more than unlikely that the sensor itself has a problem. If there would be a problem normally it wouldn´t show any value at all because there is only one moveable piece in it. If that would be stopped or blocked because some particle in the water it would show nothing.. a partcle that just slows it down (and sticks to it) would be very hard to find.. That makes sense. I've never looked inside the sensor. I imagine it i...

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 17:48

Zitat von »sultan.of.swing« I always question people’s flow numbers, I’m running triple D5 pumps in series and using a AQ high flow sensor and with all 3 at max only see 400lph. Added pumps in series increase head pressure linearly, but flow rate does not increase linearly with head pressure. This helps explain it. Each pump added to a loop results in less of a gain in flow than the pump before it, and how much depends on the system curve of the loop.

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 17:45

Zitat von »Diago« Zitat von »mattlach« Alrighty. I did some follow up testing with the system assembled and running, and I believe I have confirmed that it is the flowmeter readout that is incorrect, not the actual flow that is diminished. I loaded up the system with a loop of heaven benchmark at 4k, maximum quality settings, vsync off, on a highly overclocked Pascal Titan X and let it run until the system reached a steady state. The system was maintaining a temperature delta between the measur...

Dienstag, 21. April 2020, 07:57

Alrighty. I did some follow up testing with the system assembled and running, and I believe I have confirmed that it is the flowmeter readout that is incorrect, not the actual flow that is diminished. I loaded up the system with a loop of heaven benchmark at 4k, maximum quality settings, vsync off, on a highly overclocked Pascal Titan X and let it run until the system reached a steady state. The system was maintaining a temperature delta between the measured coolant temperature at the GPU and th...

Montag, 20. April 2020, 23:10

Zitat von »Hufeisen« Zitat von »mattlach« f.) My coolant is somehow more difficult to push through the loop than pure distilled water? (Seems very unlikely) Of course the EK Cryofuel is more difficult to push than distilled water. It contains Propylene Glycol, which has a higher viscosity than Water. Well, yes, but what I meant was it seems unlikely like it is the cause in this case. EK's Cryofuel comes in 100ml bottles intended to be diluted with 900ml of water to make 1L of coolant. Even if w...

Montag, 20. April 2020, 07:45

WHEN LINUX VERSION?

Zitat von »magade« So, the problem is NOT fix, I need Aquasuite live hardware monitoring from linux host on a windows VM or other solution to make Aquasuite directly on linux to make live monitoring and adaptative water-cooling Aquaero That's not what you want to do anyway. If you are waer cooling you really want all of your controls to be based off of coolant temperature with one (or more) temperature sensors in the loop. Controlling fan and/or pump speed based on actual core temp is a bad ide...

Montag, 20. April 2020, 04:19

New: aquasuite X

Has anyone had any flow meter accuracy issues with x15 or x16 which were not present before in x14? I am trying to troubleshoot some flowmeter issues I am having.

Montag, 20. April 2020, 03:55

Hey all. I am in the process of building a rather large loop for my Threadripper system, which I am documenting here. Hey all, I have had a rather weird issue which I am hoping I might poke your brains with. This is the build that has had just about everything that can go wrong with it go wrong. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was close to finishing the build. I had done a few flushes and test filled with distilled water. With my dual pump top I was getting great flow values as measured with ...

Dienstag, 31. März 2020, 18:27

So, I may have damaged my Aquaero 6 XT

Zitat von »Stephan« Yes, you can replace the PCB with a aquaero LT board or simply buy an replacement PCB from our support. The PCB is a little bit cheaper than a LT. A repair is also possible - but you need to ship the PCB to us in that case. Thank you for the help! I was looking in the shop, how do I order just the board? I cannot seem to find it. Do I need to contact support? If I go this route, does it ship to the U.S. from Germany? If so, shipping cost may negate any savings over just orde...

Dienstag, 31. März 2020, 00:30

Zitat von »Jibby« I just switched out my Noctua's for the Artic P12 and P14 and I could not be happier. The Noctua's definitely are more capable but for $8 a fan with dead silent operation below 1300rpm and barely audible 1400-1800rpm range, they are sweet. I'm definitely glad I made the switch. Oh, I see. You wound up switching fans instead of using this fix. I'm giving Noctua's support a chance to fix this or refund me. If they fix the issue somehow (like the aforementioned swapping out my fa...

Dienstag, 31. März 2020, 00:13

Zitat von »Jibby« This is what I was proposing. Its a fancier solution than needed but I have spare parts laying around that are up to the task. I believe I put the resistor in the correct place that Stephan was referring to. Keep in mind, I did not say this was a good solution or will work longterm, I just did a quick test and it seem to fix the issue. So, I have been reading the Intel PWM spec document to better understand what is going on. (I googled and found a copy here. So, the spec (on p...

Montag, 30. März 2020, 23:44

So, I may have damaged my Aquaero 6 XT

So, I had weird fan speed issues with my new build, which eventually turned out to be the same issue discussed here. Before I knew the problem was a Noctua issue, however, I wasted 4 hours of my life troubleshooting all of my connections, testing my splitters, etc. etc. After that exercise, my fourth PWM fan outlet is no longer working. I'm not quite sure what I did, but it is dead. Won't make known good fans spin no matter what I do. My question is, what is the cheapest way I can fix this? I ha...

Montag, 30. März 2020, 23:32

Zitat von »Jibby« This is what I was proposing. Its a fancier solution than needed but I have spare parts laying around that are up to the task. I believe I put the resistor in the correct place that Stephan was referring to. Keep in mind, I did not say this was a good solution or will work longterm, I just did a quick test and it seem to fix the issue. Thank you for posting that. I am going to have to revisit my circuit terminology and how to read schematics. It's been 20+ years since I played...

Montag, 30. März 2020, 20:14

Zitat von »Jibby« It sounds like I can just redesign my own splitty9 and add a +12V to 5.5V switching regulator and then a 5.5V to 5V LDO and this should solve the issue. Any chance you could explain this fix in laymans terms? I am an engineer, but not the electrical variety. I have a good multimeter, and I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, but I don't posses a scope, or any more advanced equipment. Is this something I could do with my existing tools and a few components ordered online? Zit...

Freitag, 19. Juli 2019, 04:54

Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »sebastian« Zitat von »mattlach« I just upgraded from 2018-11 to X.3, and I have noticed that the Set Point Controller presets (Normal, Faster, Fastest, etc) behave very differently in this new version. Was this done on purpose, or is it a bug? We have no changes in this point. The behavior of the controller is the same as in your old version. Hmm, that is very strange. I never saw this behavior with 2018-8 through 2018-11. I have my coolant setpoint set to 33C ba...

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 19:55

Zitat von »sebastian« Zitat von »mattlach« I just upgraded from 2018-11 to X.3, and I have noticed that the Set Point Controller presets (Normal, Faster, Fastest, etc) behave very differently in this new version. Was this done on purpose, or is it a bug? We have no changes in this point. The behavior of the controller is the same as in your old version. Hmm, that is very strange. I never saw this behavior with 2018-8 through 2018-11. I have my coolant setpoint set to 33C based on the max of two...

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 05:19

Zitat von »sebastian« [ We need some Feedback from the users with the faulty monitoring. I don't use the software monitoring feature (I like my fan control to be OS agnostic, so I control it based on loop temperature) so I can't comment on that, but I do have a question about something else. I just upgraded from 2018-11 to X.3, and I have noticed that the Set Point Controller presets (Normal, Faster, Fastest, etc) behave very differently in this new version. Was this done on purpose, or is it a...

Samstag, 27. April 2019, 03:43

Aquasuite Software in Linux

At one point there was a open source project for a linux client, but it hasn't been updated in forever. Unclear if it would even work with new Aquacomputer firmwares. I too run Linux as my primary OS. I keep a Windows 10 install around just for games. That's pretty much all it is good for these days. I do most of my Aquacomputer setup in Windows. The good part is that the Aquacomputer stores all of its curves and such on the unit itself, so as long as you don't need motherboard/CPU/GPU sensors t...

Freitag, 26. April 2019, 20:54

Setpoint PID Controller Not Working?

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been able to get the minimum speed controls to work now. I think what was throwing me off was that it said "power" and the voltage field changed when I changed the percentage. I didin't think this applied to me since I am all PWM. Now that I have both minimum pump and fan speeds set, the set point control actually appears to work. I have up on controlling the pump speed based on the difference in temperature before and after the blocks. It just wasn't accurate...

Donnerstag, 25. April 2019, 18:35

Zitat von »vvv850« The reason you are experiencing this is because the minimum PWM value for the pump is set to 0%. Usually the pump works in full speed when the PWM is set to 0%. Doh, that makes perfect sense. I knew this behavior about the pump, I should have thought of that. Zitat von »vvv850« To counteract this, go to FANS, and set the minimum PWM value for the Pump output to, lets say, 30% and check Keep minimum value (or something). This way the Pump will be at 30% while the PID Controlle...

Dienstag, 23. April 2019, 23:01

Hey all, I have what might be a little unusual setup. I have a systme with an Aquaero 6, two groups of PWM controlled fans (using PWM splitters) one PWM pump, and a flow sensor. I have installed 4x Calitetemp sensors in my loop, one right before and after my GPU block, and one right before and after my CPU block. The intent of this is to measure the temperature delta across the blocks, and use the max of the delta across the two blocks to control the pump speed. While not perfect (due to tempera...

Dienstag, 23. April 2019, 00:22

4x Calitetemp on Aquabus: How to tell which sensor is which?

Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« Zitat von »mattlach« Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« Zitat von »mattlach« What is that red thing all along the back? That is the optional heatsink. Helps dissipate any heat generated from the controller. Interesting. When would one need this? Is this only for people who use a large number of voltage controlled fans? I'd imagine the resistors would create a good amount of heat if that is the case. Personally I use three standard temp sensors, 4x Calitetemp sensors, a flow senso...

Montag, 22. April 2019, 20:50

Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« Zitat von »mattlach« What is that red thing all along the back? That is the optional heatsink. Helps dissipate any heat generated from the controller. Interesting. When would one need this? Is this only for people who use a large number of voltage controlled fans? I'd imagine the resistors would create a good amount of heat if that is the case. Personally I use three standard temp sensors, 4x Calitetemp sensors, a flow sensor, two PWM outputs for fans and one PWM output...

Montag, 22. April 2019, 20:25

Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« I had issues installing the X4 to the AQ6. Couldn't believe what I was witnessing and how could this design flaw have been missed. Regardless I still made it work. Yeah, so I did as planned, used a spare Noctua 4-pin fan extension cable I had laying around to place the X4 board remotely. I used 3M double sided mounting tape, to tape it in a spot on the back of the motherboard tray, where there was a hole poking through so I could connect the connector on the back. You j...

Dienstag, 16. April 2019, 02:47

Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« I had issues installing the X4 to the AQ6. Couldn't believe what I was witnessing and how could this design flaw have been missed. Regardless I still made it work. Yeah, I think I am just going to use a short 4 pin fan extension cable, and then double sided tape the x4 board somewhere nearby in the case. That should make this a little easier to deal with. Zitat von »GTXJackBauer« Here are some images to paint the picture on what went on. I thought it was going to cut th...

Sonntag, 24. März 2019, 05:15

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« I asked that question when the device was introduced, but there was never an answer or reply. I just received my aquabus X4 and 2 calitemps and had started to play around with them when my primary machine died. Best I remember, the top/outside port is one, the middle port is two, the bottom port is three and the port by itself is four. Hopefully you can confirm this by applying heat (touching them?) and seeing which sensor in the aquasuite moves. IMPORTANT!!! Do NOT assem...

Samstag, 23. März 2019, 23:39

Hey all, I have been using my Aquaero 6 XT for about 3 months and I'm absolutely loving it thus far. I hesitated at the premium price tag for years, but now wish I had bought it ages ago. Totally worth every penny. Anyway, when I first installed the Aquaero I just installed it with some crappy old two pin Phobya inline water temp sensors I bought several years ago before I knew better. They work, but they are not the most accurate. Essentially their design is just one of those flat flexible air ...