• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-50 von insgesamt 198.

Sonntag, 10. März 2024, 03:01

Forenbeitrag von: »cptninc«

Leakshield protect mode how to reduce leak rate

I now have four Leakshields. None of them can be used for leak monitoring because they will always give a false alarm at some point. It is a great tool for checking for leaks prior to filling, and also a great tool for filling, but actual leak monitoring simply isn't possible unless you're willing to live with a false alarm every other week.

Sonntag, 25. Februar 2024, 07:51

Is any biocide required with DP Ultra?

I rebuilt a loop a few months ago and looked at the reservoir just now. There is some sort of substance that appears caught in there. It looks like the blobs in a lava lamp, except there isn't a specific color to the blobs, they're mostly just darker than the DP Ultra that they're swirling in. Admittedly, some of that may be due to my red-blue color blindness. I don't think just is simply radiator flux since the loop itself isn't new. The radiators and pump are about 6 years old and the blocks a...

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 20:56

Anyone run a dedicated PSU for your Aquaero system?

I actually don't want to use an ATX PSU for this at all. I was hoping someone might know of a small and simple unit that has no outputs other than 5V and 12V. Maybe something like an old laptop power brick?

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2024, 05:25

Anyone run a dedicated PSU for your Aquaero system?

I'm looking at building a standalone cooler that is external to my PC (like a MoRa but fully standalone). It seems like giving this a dedicated SFX form factor PSU would be massively wasteful plus be undesirable from a packaging standpoint anyway. Is there anything else I should be looking at? The cooler will have an Aquaero6 XT, dual D5 NEXT pumps, up to 13A of fans, a handful of temp & flow sensors from the aquacomputer ecosystem, and a USB hub.

Freitag, 2. Februar 2024, 18:18

Is the Aquasuite Web API published?

I'd love to make my own web app to display the data.

Freitag, 26. Januar 2024, 05:11

Aquasuite: Controlling your Pumps/Fans with virtual sensors and automatic condition based curve switching.

Zitat von »DeathToTheWind« Correct which is why im using a dual pump in series so that I can combine the head from both. If I up the flow rate parallel rads will be more efficient. And the pressure drop from the QDC’s and parallel rads will be manageable with the increased pump pressure. Only reason I’m doing 8 is purely so I can exchange all hardware without draining the loop through the fold out MB tray. I would just give it an actual drain port on the bottom and a "drain port" on the top whe...

Samstag, 20. Januar 2024, 05:16

What happens if fans are backdriven while connected to a Quadro?

I realized that with the ducting that is in place for my cooler, the fans can get spun up to like 1000rpm just from the airflow down the duct. Is it bad for the Quadro to do this? Should I just set an idle power that is around 1200rpm?

Montag, 11. Dezember 2023, 03:28

Can an aquaero drive a 12V PWM servo off of a fan header?

I'm curious about experimenting with adding an actively controlled air damper valve to a hobby build. I guess servos can be pretty high draw, but what if it had its own power source? Is the PWM signal itself compatible?

Freitag, 17. November 2023, 21:33

Water Temperature Sensor Calibration

I ran a single point calibration on mine when I was able to leave my machine turned off for a day. What I did was this: Power down the machine so that no additional heat is being put into the loopKeep the loop itself running with the pump circulating coolant and the fans blowing air through the radiatorsKeep this going until the coolant reaches ambient air temp. The time this will take is sort of fuzzy. I had to take care of other things, so I left mine running for about 24hrs like this but that...

Samstag, 28. Oktober 2023, 05:45

Can Aquasuite or the AS service control Afterburner?

I'm just thinking about potential safeguards to have in place in my larger GPU-based rendering systems. Rather than powering down a system entirely, would it be possible to have the service use Afterburner to throttle the GPUs in a system as the first level of protection against a cooling system malfunction? For example, if the coolant temp crossed a specified threshold, AS would use Afterburner to set the GPU TDPs to a low limit in order to keep things running while reducing the heat output. Is...

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2023, 20:26

Can the Profile Switcher be used to change the Aquaero6 profile?

Oh, I see the place to do that now. Missed it when looking before. Thank you!

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2023, 19:53

Can the Profile Switcher be used to change the Aquaero6 profile?

I'd like to have one profile configured for normal daily usage and one profile that is strictly for benchmarking and extended computation sessions. The main profile is my existing setpoint controller and the second profile would simply leave all fans running at 100%. It's easy to set these profiles in the Aquaero6, but how do I use the Profile Selector to change between them?

Donnerstag, 27. April 2023, 20:17

Aquacomputer aquaero 6 PRO First 2 fan channels cut out

The aquaero 6 is limited to a max of 2.5A per channel. That is a true maximum, so that means four of those fans per channel is the most that it is recommended to use. To run more fans, you will need to run a powered splitter such as the Splitty9 Active. This Splitty9 Active has a maximum of 4.5A total output, so you could run 8 of those fans from each Splitty9 active. **edit** I see that I missed a 0 in the reported amp draw. With the system running and the fans at low speed, open Aquasuite and ...

Donnerstag, 27. April 2023, 16:24

Aquacomputer aquaero 6 PRO First 2 fan channels cut out

Is there a question or are you just posting that you tried something and it didn't work? There is no fixed limit to the number of fans which can be on a channel. The limit is the total amp draw of the fans. That limit could be exceeded by a single large fan or it could safely power 20 small fans. Is there any information that you can share about the fans, such as the manufacturer and the model/part number?

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 04:22

Leakshield

I tried reducing the reservoir fill to 40% (Ultitube 150) with a fixed pump speed and the false alarms kept coming. The tubing is a few short (approx 3") runs of Aquacomputer's recommended soft tubing. The pump is a D5 Next and I have a HighFlow Next as well. The loop is actually 100% Aquacomputer components except for the fans, radiators, and fittings.

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 16:37

Leakshield

It's useful as a generic vacuum pump for filling loops and managing leaks during service/maintenance. As an operational tool to detect leaks in a system, the only thing it has demonstrated that it's capable of doing is generating false alarms. I've tried in multiple systems, and on every single one of them, the Leakshield triggers a false alarm if the system goes from idle to fully loaded or from fully loaded to idle. Aquacomputer support has been unwilling to troubleshoot this behavior, so at t...

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 18:20

Leakshield

I believe the purpose is to give the user as many false alarms as possible.

Sonntag, 26. März 2023, 20:56

Preview: kryographics STRIX/TUF 4090 / 14.11.: UPDATE: Version mit seitlichen Anschlüssen

Zitat von »m4jestic« Nur ne Theorie: Mir ist aufgefallen, dass alle Aquaeros bis auf das 6LT und viele AQ Ersatzteile aus dem Shop verschwunden sind. Eventuell steht hier was in den Startlöchern und die Prios haben sich darum verschoben Das könnte daran liegen, dass niemand mehr die XT kauft. Heutzutage haben nur sehr wenige Gehäuse 5,25"-Schächte. (Translated by DeepL)

Mittwoch, 15. März 2023, 13:29

Preview: kryographics STRIX/TUF 4090 / 14.11.: UPDATE: Version mit seitlichen Anschlüssen

Sie produzieren keine GPU-Blöcke mehr. Sie produzieren keine CPU-Blöcke. Das Aquaero wurde 2013 veröffentlicht und seitdem nicht mehr aktualisiert. Blöcke und Steuerungen sind die Kernprodukte eines Wasserkühlungsunternehmens. Für Zubehörprodukte werden in einem Jahr nur ein oder manchmal gar kein Zubehör veröffentlicht. Das ist das, was ich von einer Person erwarten würde, die diese Produkte in Teilzeit entwickelt. Ich will damit nicht sagen, dass dies die falsche Entscheidung für das Unternehm...

Dienstag, 14. März 2023, 20:53

Es ist traurig zu sehen, dass Aquacomputer nicht mehr als ein Teilzeit-Hobbyprojekt ist. Ich hätte mich gefreut, wenn es ein richtiges Unternehmen geworden wäre, aber ich schätze, der Eigentümer will das nicht.

Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2023, 20:23

Ich habe noch keine 4090 gekauft, weil ich auf die Veröffentlichung des Blocks von Aquacomputer gewartet habe. Ich werde nicht wissen, welches Modell der 4090 ich kaufen soll, bis das passiert. Ich werde noch weitere zwei Wochen warten, aber wenn bis zum 1. März keine Ankündigungen gemacht werden, werde ich einfach eine andere Marke wählen. (Übersetzt mit ChatGPT)

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2023, 05:06

Zitat von »Stephan« Nachdem es aufgrund der kommenden gewinkelten Adapter für 12V HPR einige Gehäuse gibt in denen die Karten mit diesesen Adaptern passen würden, es dann aber beim Terminal Probleme geben könnte haben wir noch eine zweite Version entwickelt. Hier ein Rendering: Hier würde es eine passive Backplate und eine wassergekühlte Backplate geben. Die Heatpipe-Variante würde wegfallen. Wir bitten natürlich noch einmal um Eure Kommentare! Any new updates since November?

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 15:04

Any word on 4090 blocks?

Great. Thank you for the link!

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 15:03

Ich hoffe, zwei oder drei dieser Karten in jeder Workstation einsetzen zu können. Bitte vergewissern Sie sich, dass es möglich ist, die Karten in Reihe zu schalten, wenn sie mit 2 oder 3 Steckplätzen ausgestattet sind. (Übersetzt mit DeepL)

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 02:03

Any word on 4090 blocks?

Not sure if I missed a post.

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2022, 23:43

Major issues with Leakshield

If it's like mine, the clogging is due to condensation. There is no fix for this other than to stop using the product.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 22:32

Major issues with Leakshield

I'm curious how this goes for you. Hopefully, it is as simple as just leaving more air space inside of the reservoir. I have entirely stopped using my LEAKSHIELD because of its false alarms. It seems like a flawed execution of a good concept.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 16:10

Recommendation

I think it might be less expensive to just upgrade to PWM fans. Noctua doesn't even have the 3-wire AF-15 listed on their website any more.

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2022, 20:57

Farbwerk Nano running on 240v mains?

I connected mine directly to the 240V main. It was very very bright for approximately 100ms. Yes, any USB power source will work for power as long as you have the right cable. That could be a PC's internal USB, an external USB port, or a wall adapter/phone charger. You will still need a PC in order to program it though.

Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022, 05:20

Optimal cooling sweet spot through automation.

Zitat von »Teknophage« My sensor is predictive and provides better cooling Better how? Please, be specific.

Montag, 10. Oktober 2022, 07:04

This is what outputs are supposed to look like. The labels are scattered but will make more sense if you read them in order. Note that this is done with the simple PID controllers built into the Aquaero using nothing more than the default "Normal" preset. It does not require the unreliable Aquasuite service (sorry, someone had to say it) in order to operate. Compared to mess presented by the OP, this method is: Much more reliableMuch more robustMuch smootherMuch quieterMuch easier to tune and ad...

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2022, 13:52

Why even bother posting a plot of the coolant temp and fan speeds if there isn't a matching plot showing the summed TDP of the components being cooled? It should be easy to get a flat coolant temp plot if the input load is similarly flat.

Montag, 3. Oktober 2022, 13:51

RE: @Remayz - The Intercooler Regulator has been redesigned, thanks to your information.

Zitat von »Teknophage« What cptninc is describing as a built-in PID is really just the controller itself. While simple, yes, it does not have a self-corrective feedback loop. They have more in common with a household thermostat than an electromechanical PID device. They can't estimate how much corrective action to implement based upon a weighted additive. No. What I am describing is, literally, a PID controller. A PID loop literally is "a self-corrective feedback loop." The various Aquacomputer...

Montag, 3. Oktober 2022, 01:46

RE: Update from useful information.

Zitat von »Teknophage« @cptninc: This is directed to help people who don't know what PIDs are or how to properly "tweak" them, or where such "tweaks" may require continuous tweaking given their environment and changes to that environment. You're deliberately being insulting. One of the great things about Aquacomputer's controllers is that, just like you, the end user doesn't even have to know what a PID is in order to use them. Just pick a target temp and then decide how quickly you want the sy...

Dienstag, 27. September 2022, 14:42

MWII Modern Warfare II Permenant Ban - "CASERMA - RHINO"

Here is my summary: "I was playing a buggy beta and got banned for suspected cheat software. I uninstalled a bunch of things that nobody has reported having issues with but I left the one that people DO report having trouble with. The problem did not go away." This is similar to "my doctor says I'm fat because I eat too much ice cream. In response, I started drinking less water. Now I'm still fat and I'm going to blame the water."

Dienstag, 20. September 2022, 16:55

Remayz - What you see is the expected behavior when using component temps as the input. Component temps are very jumpy because there's no damping of not only the signal but also the actual temperature. A 50ms pause while a render moves something into memory shouldn't shut off your fans. The reason it might appear to work for pumps is exactly what you said above: the pump speed doesn't really matter. This really is a Rube Goldberg. What the virtual sensor does is take a few approaches to damping ...

Montag, 19. September 2022, 21:56

This seems like a Rube Goldberg approach. I think I'll just stick with picking a target temp for my coolant and letting a PID manage the fans to maintain that.

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 05:44

Drill pattern for ULTITUBE D5

The ports are perpendicular to the face of the fans (in parallel with the air flow). In this build, the pump is mounted to the front fans but the rad is technically on the side. My next one will try to have the pump mount to a front rad assuming there's enough GPU clearance. The controller/display mounts to the circular pump, so it can be rotated to any angle you want. If 43deg is the perfect angle for your build, just loosen the pump collar, twist the pump, and retighten the collar.

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 04:36

Drill pattern for ULTITUBE D5

You can use the mount that connected the the reservoir to the front fans or radiator. This will leave the pump and attached controller to be rotated freely. That's how I mounted in this 5000D build. Note that when mounted like this, the ports will be in fixed position and cannot be rotated to the front or back. Sorry I have only angled pics handy at the moment. [img]https://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=9652&h=a9a7e9e90a900a7dab0c2d0cc3ab77a857a0ee0b[/img] [img]htt...

Mittwoch, 7. September 2022, 17:19

RE: dashboard: reporting CPU usage

Zitat von »alexkyriak« For CPU % utlisation, what do you guys recommend to use for reporting an accurate CPU utilisation? I think it depends on what insight you are looking to gain from the data. Impact to the cooling system should be monitored via the TDP instead of utilization. Performance of the cooling system should be monitored by either CPU Package Temp or Hot Spot. If you are trying to see if an app is hung in a high utilization state, you will want both total utilization and the highest...

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 20:59

LEAKSHIELD / Aquastream XT submersion/ Flooding problem !!!

This is a lot of attitude from a guy who bought a leak protection device and is now upset that it protects from the leak in his loop. Fix your leak and the problem will go away. Good luck. I'm out.

Sonntag, 4. September 2022, 06:43

LEAKSHIELD / Aquastream XT submersion/ Flooding problem !!!

What happens when you go to Leakshield -> Settings -> Standby and uncheck the box "Allow negative pressure in standby"? This setting will work only if the Leakshield has power while the system is in Standby. You may need to enable USB power during standby in the motherboard BIOS.

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 19:41

Pulsed Water Pump Control

Just have it pull a strong vacuum while using the vacuum to fill the loop. There won't be enough air in the loop to create any meaningful amount of trapped bubbles. This is now how I fill loops on systems which are too large to move around. It's not perfect, but it gives results (as measured by cooling performance) that are as good as pump cycling and case tipping.

Dienstag, 23. August 2022, 15:41

Pulsed Water Pump Control

You could also add a higher loop to that so it does the cycling only between, say, 2am and 7am. Or also use a Leakshield

Freitag, 19. August 2022, 22:56

Playground: create a data source?

Looks like a nice clean loop! Some unsolicited thoughts here: Remayz is correct that the 90s are probably your primary restriction, especially as flow rate goes up. He's also correct that they look good Flow restriction might not be a problem in your loop. You can some basic sense of this by: Get some good steady-state load into the system. Honestly, mining is as good as you can get for doing that.Set fans and pump to full speedMonitor the coolant temp and wait for it to hit a mostly steady temp...

Donnerstag, 18. August 2022, 23:44

Playground: create a data source?

I'm guessing you're trying to avoid resonance from the two pumps running at nearly the same RPM. The easiest way to do this is to manage them on the same controller and just trim the output range for one of them. For example: Pump 1: 0-100%Pump 2: 20-100% The controller output is scaled across the individual item's range rather than being an absolute value. In this example, a 50% controller output would have Pump 1 running at 50% (halfway between 0 and 100%) and Pump 2 running at 60% (halfway be...

Mittwoch, 17. August 2022, 04:37

How hot can I allow my coolant to run?

Zitat von »Hufeisen« Yes, the 50°C is the 24/7 operational limit. The Pump itself is rated for 60°C, however, the electronics module of the D5 Next can get overheated if the water temperature rises above 50°C. Perfect! Thank you. That means I can let my loop run warmer and let my fans and pump relax a bit

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 20:28

RTX 3090 active backplate updates?

Those were probably the 3090Ti. That model has the newer higher density VRAM chips, so they're mounted on only the front side.

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 15:26

How hot can I allow my coolant to run?

I'm curious if 50C is the 24/7 operational limit, or if 50C is the limit for occasional accidental exposure. If I recall correctly, the default alarm setting on the D5 Next is only 40C.

Sonntag, 14. August 2022, 15:17

RTX 3090 active backplate updates?

I have had the EKWB active backplate blocks and I currently have 20 of the Aquacomputer XCS blocks, all for Strix 3090s. I don't know where you're getting your "topped by one order of magnitude" claim from. The Aquacomputer XCS blocks perform as well or better than the EK blocks in my experience. In 4+ GPU setups, the difference between them grows even further due to the flow restriction in EK's arrangement. Remayz - All 3090s and the A6000 have backside VRAM. All other 30-series cards do not.