• 27.04.2024, 09:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-18 von insgesamt 18.

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 12:36

Forenbeitrag von: »marcosscriven«

Why do you make it possible to break your own install with an update that will not be activated?

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« OK I understand, personal responsibility is not a good concept, better to be taken by the hand and not have to think. I see it a little differently, but the will of man is his kingdom ;-) I tihnk you're projecting somewhat here - I don't *keep* making the same mistake. I made a mistake once. I'm a software engineer myself, and personally I'd be embarassed if I wrote software that allowed a user to easily click a button that broke their installation.

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 10:54

Why do you make it possible to break your own install with an update that will not be activated?

Zitat von »sebastian« Zitat von »marcosscriven« it simply doesn't allow you to upgrade. NO, you can upgrade, we wont block this. You can install the new version and buy or assign your new key. In every update window there is a warning if you need a new key. Also in the aquasuite. Ok - as I stated at the begining, I don't expect free upgrades. It does not seem to make sense to me to allow a user to upgrade software that then simply doesn't work until they pay. I have to say, I do sense quite a p...

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 10:02

Zitat von »Stephan« We will consider to change the desing. Anyway you can still install the old version if you decided to install the newest version. Also we have many customers who are installing the aquasuite before adding the devices. So we can not force them to buy a licence in front. Otherwise many of them would buy who don't need to buy it due an active update licence at an device that is not connected currently. That would also be a trap. So there is no purchase at this point of install ...

Dienstag, 15. März 2022, 11:46

Zitat von »Grestorn« I don't know what happened to you, but an update will never be offered if you're not entitled to use that updated version. Did you unplug the device that has granted you the license? Maybe you have an USB issue that this device is sometimes not visible? All I did was open the AquaSuite software as normal, and on the right-hand side was a button saying a new version was available, with an 'Update' button. I've not unplugged or plugged in anything.

Montag, 14. März 2022, 16:38

I get that ongoing development costs money, and I don't expect that to be free. However, I don't expect to be able to click an 'Upgrade' button that's actively shown to me, only for then the software to not work. Can you please make it so that upgrades are *not* shown if activation period has expired!

Freitag, 17. Dezember 2021, 15:59

New: aquasuite X

Zitat von »sebastian« New: aquasuite X.45 - Need input! / Controls on the desktop or in the system tray / New profile system Thanks Sebastian, but having read that I'm unclear what aspect of the new Inputs module would require a firmware update to the Quadro?

Freitag, 17. Dezember 2021, 13:52

New: aquasuite X

Zitat von »Shoggy« QUADRO Firmware 1030: NEW: Controller override/inputs support Please could you provide more information on what this does for the Quadro please? Sorry if I've missed it somewhere.

Freitag, 27. August 2021, 11:01

Using AquaSuite in a VM - how can I prevent it attempting low-level hardware monitoring?

Zitat von »DAsunder« @marcosscriven Could you share some details on which distro and software (+version) you used? I am interested in learning how and if it's possible, would be neat to quickly dive into a vm and save some profiles or check sensor data. I'm having almost no results with monitoring apps on cinnamon (ubuntu-based). I'm using Proxmox 7 https://www.proxmox.com/en/ - I like it as I don't need a desktop all the time, and when I do, it's just the Windows VM with a GPU passed through. ...

Donnerstag, 26. August 2021, 06:48

Using AquaSuite in a VM - how can I prevent it attempting low-level hardware monitoring?

Zitat von »sebastian« Zitat von »sebastian« In the next version I updated and my VM has been stable for an hour now. Thank you!

Mittwoch, 25. August 2021, 17:50

Got it, sorry. I thought you meant right now you could manually hack the XML, and that the next version it would just work in the software.

Mittwoch, 25. August 2021, 13:44

Zitat von »sebastian« you can change this in the file: Thanks Sebastian - I looked at these files, and the only boolean I can find in there is already set to false: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <VideoAnalyzer xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <IsEnabled>false</IsEnabled> <DeviceLinks /> <CaptureSources> <VideoCaptureSetup> <AdapterName>Microsoft Basic Render Driver</Ad...

Mittwoch, 25. August 2021, 12:14

Zitat von »sebastian« The aquasuite is checking the attached Displays and do this via DXGI. This is a part of directx 9..12 API. Hi Sebastian I completely understand if you can't, but is there a way to make this check optional, or in any way controllable at all please? Or perhaps there's a way in the DXGI API to check capabilities before using them?

Sonntag, 22. August 2021, 23:30

RE: Aquasuite Hardware Monitor check boxes

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« You may want to double check that AquaSuite (AQS) hardware monitoring is really disabled. I use HWINFO to poll sensors and pull that data into AQS. I don't need or want AQS also polling sensors as it is redundant. In the Service tab I have all 7 Hardware Monitor boxes unchecked. Many times (but not always), when I start up AQS, I find that ALL of the AQS hardware monitoring data is available, even though none of the 7 hardware monitor boxes are checked in the Service tab. ...

Sonntag, 22. August 2021, 09:34

Firstly - I know running AquaSuite in a VM is not supported! So I'm looking for help if anyone's managed it, but don't blame AquaComputer for the problem. I'm finding that while the software works for 10 minutes, it will then crash the VM with a "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" blue screen. When I Googled "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR qemu" (qemu being the thing running the VM), there's a clear pattern - it's tools like Corsairs ICUE, or MSI Afterburner attempting low-level hardware monitoring. Obviousl...

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 14:10

How can I setup a standalone delta temp for Quadro?

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« o, and only the aquaero, has built in virtual sensors capability. If you don't want to/can't run the aquasuite, you may want to look at an aquaero 6 LT. So far as I understand it then, this it purely a marketing distinction, as technically it would be extremely simple to compute the difference of two sensors it has locally. Again, I get why it would be much harder to rely on data/sensors external to the board.

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 10:59

Zitat von »sebastian« Virtual Sensors calculated by software and require a a running service/pc. For a standalone operation you can only use one of the connected temperature sensors. Thanks for the info Sebastian. May I ask the reason for that, in the case that the calculation is a simple subtraction, of two on-board values (I.e not data that's only available on the host OS)

Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 09:57

Zitat von »Tall0ne« once you have set everything up in the software its written to the device afaik so after initial setup it should run as you instructed without the software running It seems to work standalone based on direct temp readings. But I don't seem to be able to depend on a virtual sensor standalone - I'm not sure quite what it's doing, but it clearly no longer updated the delta (I manually warm up the thermistor with my hand) Like I say, I would understand if the virtual sensor depe...

Montag, 16. August 2021, 18:45

I read that the Quadro could be used standalone after initial setup, and that fan curves could be based on “virtual” sensors such as a delta between two sensors. However, I don’t see a way to do that without the software running. I would understand if the calculation depended on data outside the board, but the delta I want is between two sensors directly plugged into the Quadro (outside case temp and radiator inlet temp). The Quadro has a 32bit MCU, so it should certainly be possible.