• 16.04.2024, 17:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-41 von insgesamt 41.

Montag, 24. Januar 2022, 22:55

Forenbeitrag von: »P.C.Zen«

Aquacomputer & RGB...complete RGB noob needs advice... :0)

Yeah, no idea re. Capellix, I'm so new to RGB I'd not even heard of it. Also had no idea Corsair were in so much trouble with their software; although I've had problems with iCue and I barely need it to do anything. I just ended up uninstalling it. I've got a pretty old (at this point) Corsair AIO, cooling my CPU. It works well, and can't be heard above the fans in my case, but it's one of their older ones; it's discontinued now. Thanks for the info. re. Corsair; I'll definitely know to check th...

Montag, 24. Januar 2022, 12:25

Zitat von »Remayz« I guess they did like corsair with their "capellix" LEDs, trying to launch another trend by giving as little information as possible on what it means :p The EK RGB straps are really helpful. It's really a crap connector that RGB thing, but they manage to keep them together.. I can't wait for the new maglev vardars with theeir beefy connectors to get rid of all that crap! lol This is the first time I've actually looked at RGB fans at all, because I have my go-to fans for press...

Montag, 24. Januar 2022, 02:24

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« Sounds like you have a plan. I don't know anything about the Cooler Master Halo fans but they look decent. I still don't know what they mean by "Gen2 LEDs". Maybe they upgraded to a brighter LED. Static Pressure is not great at 1.6mm H20 but sometimes you have to trade performance for bling. I am guilty of installing Corsair QL120 fans on my Fractal AIO radiator, and they have even worse static pressure than the Halo, or just about anything else. They have been described a...

Sonntag, 23. Januar 2022, 13:24

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« I've no idea (re. Gen 2 RGB)...it's just what it said on the box. I assumed that was the problem when it didn't work...?...but it turned out to be a bad ARGB header. I keep thinking RGBpx Splitty 12 Active is like the Octo (plugging in via a USB) but...that's the Farbwerk. Correct. The Splitty12 Active is just a "dumb" ARGB splitter. It provides SATA based power for the LEDs but there is no microcontroller on board, and hence no USB connection. Zitat vo...

Samstag, 22. Januar 2022, 21:18

I've no idea (re. Gen 2 RGB)...it's just what it said on the box. I assumed that was the problem when it didn't work...?...but it turned out to be a bad ARGB header. I keep thinking RGBpx Splitty 12 Active is like the Octo (plugging in via a USB) but...that's the Farbwerk. You wrote that I'd need these for the Farbwerk: RGBpx-Anschlusskabel, Länge 50 cm (aquacomputer.de) & RGBpx adapter for components with motherboard header (aquacomputer.de) ...is that to plug it into the motherboard? Can't I j...

Samstag, 22. Januar 2022, 12:02

Does the RGBpx Splitty 12 Active support "Addressable Gen 2 RGB"? The reason I ask is, that I've had a bit of a setback: I Installed a Cooler Master Masterfan MF140 Halo, into my case, plugged it in to the ARGB header, but it just didn't work. I tried to enable it in my motherboard's RGB software but still nothing. I looked more closely at the fan's specs, and it seems it supports "Addressable Gen 2 RGB" I'm guessing this is the reason why it's not working with my motherboard? I'm going to try a...

Montag, 17. Januar 2022, 00:42

Sorry about the formatting...I'm not sure what happened but the forum software seems to have added multiples of each multi-quote. Zitat von »Remayz« Zitat von »Remayz« and things will make more sense once you get Aquasuite going and look through the various pages. it's hard to grasp it when you can't fiddle with settings yourself It can be used very simply, or be made as complex and in depth as you desire as Speedy explained. Yeah, it's just taking forever to get the parts together for my build....

Sonntag, 16. Januar 2022, 00:15

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« So...it's possible to send RGB data from the FarbWerk, to the Splitty12, to control ARGB devices...?...or, do I need the FarbWerk360 to control ARGB? (& the FarbWerk to control RGB?) Or, in other words: I wouldn't be able to control ARGB LED's via the Splitty12 using a regular FarbWerk; I'd need the FarbWerk360 to do that? Edit: Okay, so, I looked at the product pages and it seems the regular FarbWerk isn't compatible with the Splitty12? The Splitty12 o...

Samstag, 15. Januar 2022, 23:05

Zitat von »Remayz« the splitty 12 is only a splitter, it has no electronics in it, it's not a controller. Its main purpose is to power the LEDs from SATA (direct from the power supply) and not from the controller. controllers have a maximum power rating per output. if you exceed it, it shuts down. the Splitty12 allows you to have each output powered by SATA, and the controller only sends RGB data to the LEDs, basically gettting rid of the power limit. you have data going from the Farbwerk360 to...

Samstag, 15. Januar 2022, 16:54

Zitat von »Remayz« they are just LEDs. what makes them dimmable is the controller. digital or analog, you can adjust brightness of course, with either farbwerk or farbwerk360. the diming issue is with house lights where each bulb has its own power supply built in, and you can't reduce brightness by reducing the voltage with a traditionnal dimmer, that will just give you a flashy light show at best. Here it's totally different. Thanks :0) That's good to know. :0) Do most RGB/ARGB software's/devi...

Samstag, 15. Januar 2022, 09:57

Hi, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you; I'm just new to this and unsure of the details. And yes, I was confused about the connector; sorry about that, I'd got it mixed up. I've reduced the number of fans I'm going to install to 6, so it works out just as expensive for me to buy digital Halos and have fans that can be configured more easily through standard means, as it would be for me to buy a Farbwerk and 6 non-digital Helos'. Having said that, one thing I am a bit concerned about, is how brig...

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2022, 20:32

Thanks for responding, I didn't realise it was so complicated. Also, I had no idea it was possible to control non-addressable RGB? Do you think the Farbwerk can control the LED's in the non-addressable Phanteks Helos? I only need them to display one colour; that's the only reason I was interested in the digital version of the Helos. Also, 12 of the RGB accessories I need to install have standard 3-pin fan connectors to power the LED's, so I've ordered an extra Splitty9 and am planning on pluggin...

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2022, 19:56

Using multiple ambient temperature sensors to control fans with a Quadro, based on the delta between air & coolant...

Yeah, they look like just standard connectors for this type; I think Speedy-VI just had one with an odd form-factor.

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2022, 14:28

Hey guys. I'm preparing to put in an order with Aquatuning and I want to pick up some RGB accessories, but I know nothing at all about RGB; how to connect it, or how to control it. I've seen the connectors and I see how they fit together, but beyond that I have no experience of setting up or controlling RGB. However, I want to put the order through sooner rather than later, so...I basically need a shopping list of what I'm going to need for RGB? I'm hoping to install 22 RGB accessories 10 of whi...

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2022, 14:09

Using multiple ambient temperature sensors to control fans with a Quadro, based on the delta between air & coolant...

Hi guys :0) It's been a while...the High Flow Next was pushed back again and it kind of led me to getting side-tracked. But, I can confirm the Lamptron, LAMP-TS701 temp sensor is compatible with the Octo.

Dienstag, 14. September 2021, 19:15

Hi guys, sorry for the double post but just to let you know delivery of the High Flow Next has been pushed back to the 20th of October, so...it's going to be a little longer before I can report back about the thermal sensor compatibility. Sorry about that.

Donnerstag, 9. September 2021, 20:58

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« Zitat von »Speedy-VI« They look like they will fit to me. The Corsair ones have a thicker connector body and key slots on one side. Here is a kind of blurry picture of the Corsair 2-pin connector next to a Phobya 2-pin connector. Corsair vs Phobya Temp Sensor Connectors Not a great pic but you can see how much beefier the Corsair 2-pin connector is. I was disappointed when I realized these would not fit on my OCTO because I have a bunch of them sitting ...

Donnerstag, 9. September 2021, 19:35

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« I ran into an issue using a temp sensor not made by Aquacomputer. The problem was not the sensor, it was the 2-pin connector on it. I had a few old Corsair temp sensors that I wanted to use. I tried to connect one. It worked fine and gave me the same reading as the Aquacomputer temp sensor that came with my OCTO, but the 2-pin connector body is a bit thicker than the Aquacomputer #53026 temp sensor. The sensor inputs on the OCTO and QUADRO are very close together. I could ...

Donnerstag, 9. September 2021, 09:26

@Remayz & @InfoSeeker Thanks so much for responding, it's very appreciated... ...with regards the radiant heat from the rads, I'll probably just run one sensor out of the bottom of the case and have it hang off of the desk so that it takes readings from below the case. For the moment I'll probably use the sensor that comes with the Quadro I've ordered but I'm thinking I might swap in a two-pin Lamptron sensor because if it's going to be hanging out of the bottom of the case the Lampron sensor is...

Mittwoch, 8. September 2021, 17:05

Zitat von »Remayz« short answer : yes, you can do all that, average your 3 sensors, or take the highest divided by the square root of water flow over CPU frequency averaged.. and i'm not even joking, you can do that too you could create a sensor adding the 3 intake temps, dividing by 3 to get the average, add a low pass filter to smooth out fast temperature changes, and substract that to water temp to get a smooth delta T reading. Thanks, :0) Not 100% sure how that would all work but not sure I...

Mittwoch, 8. September 2021, 14:43

My question is, is it possible? I was planning on buying two extra temperature sensors so that I can take ambient temperature readings at each intake, and use the sum of the three values as the ambient for the air:coolant delta. Is that actually possible? Can I use the software to make my own virtual sensor based on the readings from three separate temperature sensors? I'm planning on placing the temperature sensors in front of the fan hub of each fan in each of my three intakes.... ...is that a...

Mittwoch, 1. September 2021, 09:32

How many fans can I run off of one Quadro header?

For pressure optimised fans I use Akasa Viper's (No RGB and they're yellow, but I've not found a higher efficiency pressure-optimised fan). Akasa 140mm Viper 110cfm 12.5 - 26.01 dB(A) (4.25 cfm/dB(A)) 3.12 mmh20 They have a black variant: Akasa 140mm Apache Black 89.55 CFM 12.5 -22.19 dB(A) (4.036 cfm/dB(A)) 2.76 mm H2O ...also, they report that the shape of the fan blade causes the air to move directly forward, rather then emanating in a conical shape. As for the fan channels: I opted for two S...

Dienstag, 31. August 2021, 17:34

Zitat von »Remayz« it's useful for a handful of fan models, like the old noctua industrial that added capacitance to the PWM wire when connected on splitters, that made them answer erratically because the signal was so messed up. some old EK Vardars also had a similar problem. I guess it's useful.. if you have the problem But you should also look if your fans have a zero RPM mode. if not, and if you wnat to stop them under a certain PWM%, the active splitty can offer that functionality. I forgo...

Dienstag, 31. August 2021, 16:43

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« Cool...and thanks again for the info. :0) I can't find a passive 6 fan PWM splitter so I'm going to have to pick up a Splitty9 Active for my 420 rad. Also might pick up another two Splitty9 Actives for the other two rads: Aquacool have sown a seed of doubt in my mind re. PWM signal attenuation with their Splitty9 Active PWM booster. So, I'm guessing I might not be able to use the power draw monitoring, given that the Splitty9 Actives are SATA powered. ...

Dienstag, 31. August 2021, 15:30

Zitat von »Remayz« you can have one profile per channel yes, so it's up to you how to connect them. usually one channel per radiator is good, to allow you to manage the case air flow, switch off fans on one or more rads when idle etc.. There is power draw monitoring per channel on Quadro and Octo yes. Cool...and thanks again for the info. :0) I can't find a passive 6 fan PWM splitter so I'm going to have to pick up a Splitty9 Active for my 420 rad. Also might pick up another two Splitty9 Active...

Dienstag, 31. August 2021, 09:03

Apologies for the double post but, another question...? Is there a benefit to powering the fans on each radiator through a separate Quadro channel...?...e.g. might the software monitor power draw through the channel, for example? Can it be used to configure different profiles per channel...?

Montag, 30. August 2021, 20:10

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Quadro fan connector pin-out:Ground12V / max 2A / max 24Wspeed signalPWM signal1.92W x 6 fans = 11.52W = Yes you can. Brilliant, thank you so much; it's very appreciated.

Montag, 30. August 2021, 19:40

I'd like to have one channel per radiator, but that means putting six fans on one channel (I'm going to be running a 420mm rad in push pull). My fans are 0.16A & 1.92 W Can I run six of them from one Quadro header? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but I know next to nothing about electronics.

Montag, 30. August 2021, 19:36

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Zitat von »Remayz« one of the two has the same connector as all those on the market. the one not in stock has the picoblade connector required for the high flow next. for the room temperature obviously you'll need another sensor going to the quadro, but you should receive one in the package you are not stuck using sensors only for one function. You can use the inline sensors for power dissipation, and also to calculate delta T for fan control. But everything will be easier when you'll be in fro...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 18:33

Octo fan limits

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« I read many many years ago that voltage spikes at start up can be a problem...not sure if it's true? Also, can you use powered PWM fan splitters with the Octo and Quadro? I use them with my motherboard...they take the signal from the header but draw the power they need from the PSU. For example: Akasa Flexa FP5S Can these be used with the Octo and Quadro? Yes, that Akasa device is similar to a Spltty9 Active. That looks pretty nice, especially with the...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 17:04

Octo fan limits

I read many many years ago that voltage spikes at start up can be a problem...not sure if it's true? Also, can you use powered PWM fan splitters with the Octo and Quadro? I use them with my motherboard...they take the signal from the header but draw the power they need from the PSU. For example: Akasa Flexa FP5S Can these be used with the Octo and Quadro?

Montag, 30. August 2021, 16:36

Zitat von »Remayz« nice about the integrated power calcualtion :p basically aquasuite does automatically what the virtual sensor does. Apparently, you need to have the Next at one end of the rads, and the second sensor at the other end, and that addditional sensor has to be connected directly to the Next, not to the Quadro. They are the same sensors anyway, so you can plug one that you bought. they are all 10kohm NTC thermistors. The quantity of water is irrelevant. the only thing needed is to ...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 15:39

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« Awesome, thanks so much, that's brilliant news... ...and you really think it's more precise than the Aquacomputer inline temp sensor (model 50367)? If so, then I should benefit from adding the High Flow Next into the loop after my GPU/CPU and before the first radiator? I'm guessing that's the best place to take the coolent temperature measurement? Also, how much more accurate would High Flow Next be? I'm guessing the basic inline temp sensors should al...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 14:28

Zitat von »Remayz« power dissipation is a virtual sensor that you make yourself. you can find the formula to calculate dissipated power for liquid cooling circuits and just adapt it (mostly converting units really and doing simple maths). we have flow in L/h, specific heat in joules per Kelvin per kilogram, temp delta in °C (one °C being equal to 1 kelvin, we leave it as is), and watts are joules per second.. so you have to convert all to SI units (flow from L.h to kg/s) then it's just a matter...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 13:52

Apologies for the double post but I almost missed this response because the page rolled over... Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »P.C.Zen« That's brilliant thank, you so much, that's really helpful. One thing I read, I think on reddit...?...is that because of how the High Flow Next's temp sensor is recessed deep in the unit, it adds 2 degrees Celsius to the actual coolant temperature? I'm reluctant to use its inbuilt temp sensor for that reason? I'm trying to find the post...I'll see if I can po...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 13:33

Zitat von »Remayz« for fan control based on temperature delta you want it to be the delta between water and ambient temperature (so, add a sensor that you'll leave dangling off the case out of sight). That allows your fans to adapt their speed no matter what the temp is in your room. Having two inline sensors, and a flow sensor allows you to measure real dissipated power in your loop. that's not exactly useful but a fun reading to have the only catch is that you have to have your radiators in s...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 11:49

Awesome, cool...thanks. I've got two inline sensors on their way to me, because I was reading you can use the Quadro to control fans based on a temperature delta... ...I'm not sure if it's really necessary to do that...?...but I had to buy something extra for free shipping from Amazon...so...I bought 2 Are there advantages to having multiple temp sensors...?...or is it just for getting more info on how the system's operating?

Montag, 30. August 2021, 10:42

Zitat von »Remayz« Nop, but if the Next has a temp sensor output it's good to connect it to the Quadro, so that it will continue working if the service was to crash for any reason Anyway there's fallback speeds on the Quadro if it loses the control sensor so you're safe either way. If not connected together, you just add the Next temperature to the Quadro software sensors, and control fan speeds based on this one. Connected together or not, it works the same in Aquasuite. That's brilliant thank...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 09:24

Apologies for the double post but, another question.... Does the High Flow Next have to be physically linked to a Quadro for them to work together in the software? Thanks,

Montag, 30. August 2021, 07:08

Zitat von »Remayz« of course, just like with any other temp sensor Thanks for responding but my apologies (my question wasn't clear), I meant can it control fan speeds independent of other Aquacomputer products. i.e. Would I be able to control fan speeds with only a High Flow Next, but after asking the question I realised it doesn't have fan headers and the BIOS probably wouldn't display its readings/values. I thought I might be able to purchase just the High Flow Next (without purchasing a Qua...

Montag, 30. August 2021, 00:35

Can I use the temperature reading from the High Flow Next to control my fan speeds?