• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-9 von insgesamt 9.

Montag, 6. Februar 2023, 07:42

Forenbeitrag von: »AwkwaBear«

Replaced leakshield

I realized that I never updated this post after the fact The new leakshield fixed the problem and the system began operating as expected immediately with the new leakshield

Samstag, 4. Februar 2023, 03:06

Leakshield Spurrious volume changes the day after updating firmware

Ever since updating my leakshield firmware to 1019 yesterday I have been having strange behavior where it will start alarming saying I have a leak then when reset it just stablizes out and maintains pressure. I have had this system configured this way for almost 2 years at this point and it has not been modified at all recently so I am reluctant to believe it suddenly started leaking. The alarm condition came up twice in the last day and a half and seems to come up suddenly but goes away immedia...

Montag, 8. November 2021, 06:20

[Need Help] Leakshield cannot draw vacuum, Sees fill level as 0%, No leaks present in loop after two days

Zitat von »Speedy-VI« That sucks but at least the Leak Shield sort of did its job. How much coolant was down there? Did you just not see it earlier? Sorry you have to go through an RMA. Good luck! Okay so I forgot to update with the most recent developments. Turns out the glass was not COMPLETELY tightened as I tried really hard and was able to get about another quarter turn. I think that accounts for the drops I was able to find in the pictures I posted. I swear I tried to tighten the glass mu...

Dienstag, 2. November 2021, 06:49

[Need Help] Leakshield cannot draw vacuum, Sees fill level as 0%, No leaks present in loop after two days

I pressure tested and found the issue is not the Leakshield but rather the ultitube leaking from the bottom of the glass where it meets the part where the inlet and outlets connect. Below I have a picture of me wiping some coolant out of the leaking section. There was much more before I took the pictures. I have removed the whole reservoir and tried to tighten down the reservoir but the only place to tighten is the ring that connects the D5 pump to the section BELOW the inlet and outlet nozzles....

Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2021, 22:26

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »AwkwaBear« *snip* I'm thinking the only way to rule it out for sure is to replace it with a regular cap and pressure test the loop without the leakshield installed. If that holds pressure then the leak has to be the leakshield For comparison, pressure test with the leakshield installed also. Doesn't the leakshield have an auto vent valve that relieves any overpressure though? Cause the leakshield does its leak test by using vacuum. I thought a pressure tester w...

Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2021, 20:13

Zitat von »Remayz« you'd have to let the smoke rise from the base of the reservoir, see if it gets pulled under the leakshield, towards the seal. whatever the pump does above, blowing it doesn't matter. But the cap test can let you know at least if the loop is leak tight. If nothing is dripping you can use the computer anyway. That's basically how it's done usually hehe Ah yeah thats a good idea ill have to try it out. But yeah so far the computer hasnt leaked a drop in 4 days with it running m...

Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2021, 06:24

Zitat von »Remayz« i don't know if it's the camera focal, the 24 pin cable behind the reservoir throwing me off... but to my eyes the leakshield seems to be sliiiiiightly slanted towards the fan. With no bubbles or water movement in the reservoir, it has to be a leak somewhere around or in the leakshield unit. The pressure is still so high it has to be massive. TBH, i'd try some ghetto leak finding like.. carefully moving an incense stick or even a smoking cup of tea, like an inch from the unit...

Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021, 21:51

Forenbeitrag von: »AwkaBear«

I ordered a leak tester and regular ultitube cap to test separately without the Leakshield. I will be able to pressure test in about a week. I know there is a difference between water and airtight but cannot see any indication of non airtightness in the system. The thing is that the leak is so huge the leakshield CANNOT build any pressure at all and there are no bubbles anywhere in the system. This is what leads me to believe the leak is somewhere in the airvolume of the reservoir so either in t...

Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021, 07:44

Forenbeitrag von: »AwkaBear«

I have just built a custom loop with a with a brand new D5 Next Ultitube 150 leakshield and using the leak test feature on the leakshield shows pressure dropping rapidly as the pump fights to draw a vacuum. The leakshield also always yields 0% fill level whenever it tries to do a fill level measurement despite the reservoir being clearly ~40% full. Picture of Build: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments…=732&height=549 Below is a video of the test, this was performed with and without coolant ...