• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-37 von insgesamt 37.

Dienstag, 24. Januar 2023, 09:02

Forenbeitrag von: »red-ray«

Factually Incorrect statement from Aqua Computer and them being lazy

Zitat von »Stephan« The software sensors are intended to be source values for controllers at the device. Due this it only makes sense to input temperature values that can be interpreted by the device. That's why not any virtual sensor can be used as a software sensor. This is factually incorrect as with the OCTO then Temperatures + Fan Speeds + Percentages + Flow Rates + Powers + Conductivity can be used. Further with the LeakShield there are even more options including Pressures. I reported th...

Sonntag, 6. November 2022, 10:14

D5 Next Pump Fan RPM not working/registering.

How is the D5 Next configured? Have you changed the setup such that it's configured for an external flow sensor? Is the fan spinning? Try resetting the D5 Next to factory defaults.

Samstag, 5. November 2022, 13:07

Aqua Computer LeakShield Start-up and Event logging Observations

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« tapping the software for every conceivable problem would only make it more expensive and development significantly slower. No, it's not just kernel mode software that need to reliably deal with edge cases, it's any software that is used for safety critical applications. Obvious examples are Nuclear Reactor + Air Traffic control systems and to a much lesser extent Computer Cooling control systems. Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« If there are errors, such as the date display o...

Samstag, 5. November 2022, 11:36

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« Without wanting to offend you, do you know a company that, when reporting an error, directly says that the error will be fixed in e.g. 2 weeks? No, and I did not ask for a timescale. I did show fixing many of the observations was quite easy and I just don't get why they don't fix them. Anyone who demands anything is not being realistic which is why I used the term "Obversions". I did not go looking for bugs in AC software/firmware and found most of them while edge case...

Samstag, 5. November 2022, 10:05

Your reply is incomplete as it fails to give any indication as to is AC will be fixing the bugs and/or reconsidering the poor design decisions that I identified.

Zitat von »sebastian« We also don't have to support your software because you think there are errors. You don't have to understand or interpret these values. Also these values are not implausible. To understand this, you simply have to understand more about the device and its internal functionality. I have never asked and never would ask any 2nd/3rd party to support my software. I am confused as to how you can think I have, I have asked AC for information such that it would be easier for me to ...

Donnerstag, 3. November 2022, 20:40

Leakshield Status Diagram - What do all of the values mean?

Zitat von »Stephan« We added them for our service and they show different pressures at the pump cycle and some calculated factors. At last, a reply, however it fails to tell us what these values mean and what affects them, further it does not answer my 'Why are there very different values for the same device?' question. I just don't get what AC don't document what these are in the first place or at least tell us what they mean, it would mean we can better understand how well our hardware is wor...

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 19:24

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« The problem and the solution were also extensively discussed here, but if you know better... Thank you for the history. The issue I highlighted is a different issue which is that when the AC service is not running the pump speed and flow rate can't get sent to the LKS. There already is the "start-up pump data" and it would be sensible to use this whenever the AC service was not updating the pump speed and/or flow rate.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 11:02

The firmware should be fixed to optionally remove or extend this timeout.

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« However, this problem cannot be solved in any other way because it is caused by Windows. This is incorrect, it happens as the LKS 1017 firmware has a 300 second timeout on the "start-up pump data". The firmware should be fixed to optionally remove or extend this timeout. The default should be not to have a timeout, further when/if the AC Service fails or is stopped the firmware should revert to the "start-up pump data"

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 10:57

aquasuite has just lost all my GPPU and motherboard sensors

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« email or one of the web forms. Please do not post personal support requests in our forum. So it all comes down to what are "Please do not post personal support requests". The general questions about the LeadShield Status values are requests for information that multiple members would like to know so the forum is the sensible place to ask.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 09:59

Leakshield Status Diagram - What do all of the values mean?

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« Why then should a further explanation follow?. Because additional questions have been asked about why the numbers reported are very different for the same hardware at different times.

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 09:41

Your proposed work around is not possible when the background service is not running

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« The content of the PDF is from my point of view more a compilation of things that red-ray does not like, not a list of bugs. None of this has ever affected the functionality of LEAKSHIELD in my computer. In addition, there is a solution for the lost pump data, it is in the Aquasuite in the option background service the hook in front of "Automatically reset USB connection in case of errors". Some are clearly bugs, others are poor design decisions or poor implementations...

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 08:59

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« We are talking about disappearing sensors while the service is running, so a crashdump won't do you that much good if nothing crashes So your approach misses the point, or am I misunderstanding you? In addition, we are here still in a user forum, so you address the other members first when posting, and not the Aquacomputer support. Zitat I am wondering, do AC have instructions as to what they need to resolve issues and how to gather this information? Thus far I have no...

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 15:12

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« A problem can only be solved if it is understood and can be reproduced. No, for such as crashes when a dump is generated the problem only needs to be understood and as this should be possible by using WINDBG to analyse the crash dump file it does not need to be reproduced. Sometimes can't be reproduced which is one of the reasons why crash dumps exist. For the "disappearing sensors" if a user posted a screen shot showing what X.59 reported + what SIV reported I could m...

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 11:42

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« The sporadic crashes of the service have been around for a long time and are constantly being improved, I've had one since X.59 came out. It's not possible to give a specific answer to such an open set of questions, especially so when the software is not my software. With SIV when I get such issues then it's often an iterative process to solve them. As for crashes then these should be easy to understand provided there is a dump file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local...

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 10:46

Is other software failing to use the locks or failing to release the locks?

Zitat von »sebastian« It looks like the Hardware Monitoring is not working. Other software can blocking the aquasuite Monitoring. What facilities does X.59 have to identify and report 3rd party utilities that block AS and how do we use them? Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« As always, a complex problem cannot be solved without information. If other software blocks the AquaComputerService then in general the other software is likely be holding locks such as Global\Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method. Several year...

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 09:31

Updates covered but need to extend?

Zitat von »sebastian« Zitat I have noted that quite often AC fail to reply to posts In Germany, most people have weekends off and don't work.First Post: Oktober 2022, 19:43 (Fiday) Yes, this is the situation for this thread, but my observation is a general one with some of the threads/posts being well over a week old.

Montag, 31. Oktober 2022, 22:19

Why are there very different values for the same device?

I have noticed that after about 3 days my LKS does Establish vacuum and after it has done this I noted: The event log reports a pressure of 156 ⅿ㍴, why so high?The reported pressure is 77.8 mbar, why so low (it's lower than the Setpoint!) and why isn't it 156 ⅿ㍴?The membrane values changed to P1: 80 P2: 78 Q: 33 D: 2, why did these values change and why are they so different to the values after doing a Measure Level?After doing the Measure Level the values I see are very different, why? They are...

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2022, 23:56

Updates covered but need to extend?

I have noted that quite often AC fail to reply to posts and feel it would be wise to e-mail info@aqua-computer.de

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022, 22:15

Pressure cycling

Zitat von »Ytterbium« there was a warning that the membrane was not function to expectations. Ah, I suspect this is the root cause of the overshoots, but I have no idea what caused this to how to fix it. It would be sensible to post a screen shot of exactly what was reported, were there any error codes? I suspect you should email support@aqua-computer.de, include as much detail as possible

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022, 13:09

Pressure cycling

I am surprised there are no P1 + P2 + Q + D Waterproof Membrane values, but as you failed to post the event log I asked for I can't see what happened before the cycling. Currently my best guess is that either that the Level Measurement failed or never happened and there is now a lot less than 107ml of air in the reservoir Were it my system I would do as follows: 1) Save the current event log and then clear it. 2) Set the mode to Release 4) Wait 15 seconds 5) Set the mode to Monitor and see what ...

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022, 11:18

Post a screen shot of the whole X.59 Status screen

Mine has never done this and from just the graph I can't even guess what may be causing this. Post a screen shot of the whole X.59 Status screen and also export the event log and attach it

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022, 01:01

After getting a LeakShould I made a number of observations and identified several issues I feel should be fixed so I created the attached document. It would not let be attach the original .PDF file as it's > 1.05 MB so I created a compressed .PDF and attached it.

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 16:36

I changed my mind

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« but wanted by Aquacomputer No, I changed my mind. Initially I felt X.59 should activate and when I was reminded of the requirement that it should not activate unless a supported device was connected, I revised this to be that X.57 should not have offered to update unless a supported device is connected. I have several AC devices; some are still supported, others are not and quite often I only have unsupported devices connected to a given system for my testing. Once Act...

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 15:09

RE: RE: This is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« Zitat von »red-ray« ...if it were not for the fact that it is not an unexpected or erroneous behavior! As a software engineer, I have long realised few if any users actually read the documentation and found the easy option is to make software I develop defensive. I simply posted what was unexpected to me as I felt it would be trivial to fix and if it were my software I would have fixed it.

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2022, 14:52

This is all a trivial issue which would be trivial to fix

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« I have already told you one reason on 8 October. Yes, I know and took this into account so why are you telling me this again? I counted this with "If it's not going to let me activate 'till I connect the supported devices then it should not update unless supported devices are connected!" which is what would be sensible. As for the use of "you don't go through life blindly and thoughtlessly" then I stand by using this as you make statements when you don't have enough in...

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2022, 13:38

I posted in the hope that AC would wish to improve the quality of their software.

There being a FAQ that says this does not change the fact that X.57 telling me I should update to X.59 and then X.59 refusing to activate 'till I connect a supported device is silly. In general, well written software should stop user's doing things that will not work and this is what happened, so I posted in the hope that AC would wish to improve the quality of their software. I feel comments such as "you don't go through life blindly and thoughtlessly" say more about the poster than me as this ...

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2022, 13:21

RE: RE: i am having similar issues

Zitat von »tiggerlator« ]The Aqua computer service is indeed running. Why does is just randomly lose them? This could be down to the thread within the Aqua computer service that reports the MB + GPU sensors being either stuck or spinning. Were it my system I would do as I proposed in aquacomputer hardware monitor seems as if it has stopped reponding

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2022, 03:10

Q seems to vary depending on the mode I select

D adds up as the difference, on Monitor-Q194 D is 53 when the difference is 54 as the numbers are rounded and when I checked the actual numbers 53 is correct. Q seems to vary depending on the mode I select, so there must be more to it than a simple indication of how much the system leaks. I too would also like to know where the two temperatures are measured,

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 13:44

2 + 2 = 22 type logic from X.59 !

If it's not going to let me activate 'till I connect the supported devices then it should not update unless supported devices are connected!

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 12:45

aquacomputer hardware monitor seems as if it has stopped reponding

To me it sounds like Aqua Computer Service has stopped updating the software sensors and I wonder if one or its threads is spinning using 100% of a CPU. I would use Process Explorer (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint…rocess-explorer) to compare the % CPU time for the threads when it's working and when it's stuck. If there is a thread with much higher % CPU usage I would then generate a full dump and this combined with the knowing the thread ID should give the AS developers a fighting chan...

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 11:53

My point is that I was allowed to update to X.59 without having the devices connected and then for X.59 to refuse to activate is daft! Clearly X.59 knowns I have supported devices I could connect so why do I have to? Further once activated it will run OK even when they are not connected.

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 00:56

WTF will X.59 not activate? It tells me I have support 'till 15-Aug-23 then refuses to activate. Clearly this is incorrect (total nonsense) and needs to be fixed for X.60!

Freitag, 7. Oktober 2022, 15:06

Is the service running? From a Command Window do sc query "Aqua Computer Service" to check, below is what I get, what do you see? Do other programs report the sensors OK? Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 D:\SIV>sc query "Aqua Computer Service" SERVICE_NAME: Aqua Computer Service TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS STATE : 4 RUNNING (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN) WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) CHECKPOINT : 0x0 WAIT_HINT : 0x0 D:\SIV> Clearly statements such as "Try...

Freitag, 7. Oktober 2022, 12:42

Is x an SI Unit?

OK, but why is the decimal digit absent? Further for a CPU multiplier it should be such as x4.5 not 4.5x

Freitag, 7. Oktober 2022, 01:08

Is x an SI Unit?

I am starting to look into the X.59 playground virtual sensors and there is a "x" sensor unit, see attachment one. I have checked the Si unit specifications and not found a x unit, what is it? Looking further no fractional decimal digits are reported, when there should be a lest one. I's rendered as 94 x when it should be 94.1, why is this? See attachment two.

Samstag, 13. August 2022, 11:10

Input Length has changed from 151 to 162

When I saw the posts about AIDA64 and the D5 Next with the X.57 update not working I checked what happened with my SIV utility and it worked with the 1024 firmware. When I looked further the Input Length has changed from 151 to 162 so my guess is that AIDA64 assumes it's 151 whereas SIV uses the input length from HIDP_CAPS->InputReportByteLength. Given this I suspect AIDA64 should be updated to do similar for the D5 Next and all similar devices. AFAIK none of the offsets in the first 151 bytes h...