• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-13 von insgesamt 13.

Freitag, 4. November 2022, 14:09

Forenbeitrag von: »piotrkun«

Major issues with Leakshield

When I was setting up, I've drained the loop 3 times, 2 times using destiled water and once using DP ultra clear.I've used DP Ultra Clear and EPDM tubing as recommanded to avoid clogging the membrane. Despite all the limitations the leakshild has put on my system, it still didn't work. I've just removed it from my system because it's just too much pain in the ass.

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 19:25

Thank you for trying to help me. I have lowered the pump speed to 70% to at least have the protection working. But this shouldn't be the case at all, leakshield specification says it can handle a single D5 pump at max pressure.

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 19:09

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« You don't understand me, the pump generates a pressure of 375 mbar, as soon as the vacuum drops below this value your system is not protected, I can't say exactly how much vacuum is necessary, but if you are only protected up to let's say 385 or 390 mbar vacuum there is not much left. With these settings, the LEAKSHIELD makes little sense and will certainly give you no pleasure. Ah I understand, but the real problem here is that leakshield is not reaching the set press...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 19:03

Removed to lower the text spam in this thread.

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 18:55

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« You do realize that the LEAKSHIELD has very little headroom with these settings? At 100% pump speed and 375 mbar pressure from the pump, the LEAKSHIELD inevitably reacts very quickly, since the system can only be protected with an overpressure above 375 mbar. Since the flow rate values do not help you, I would rather go to a value around 100 l/h, then the pump generates a much lower pressure and the LEAKSHIELD has more headroom. With the status page I meant the one in ...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 18:35

Zitat If I interpret this correctly you regulate your pump, why? I just finished building the system, so I've been testing how does the pump speed affect the cpu/gpu temperatures and where the sweet spot is between performance and noise. I also had issues with the pump noise and vibration, that's why I have been playing around with the power levels a lot. I have installed "Watercool HEATKILLER® Tube - Decoupling Kit for Stand" today which solved all my d5 noise and vibration issues. Now I can r...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 18:24

Leakshield Not Vacuuming to Set Point?

I have the same exact pressure dips and I have been using the recommanded Aquacomputer ultra DP clear.

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 18:08

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Zitat von »InfoSeeker« Zitat von »piotrkun« I've thrown away my flow sensor and just gave up on using it. My first issue was that it becomes noisy if water temperature reaches 35 degrees. [color=]You also need at least 5 cm of hard tubing, otherwise it'll be noisy too. It forced me to imitate hard tubing using fittings, which just looked horrible[/color]. I do not believe the ' 5cm straight' part needs to be hard tubing, it can be soft tubing. The limitation is no angled fitting within 5cm. Sof...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 17:49

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« The first thing I notice is that you have practically no air in the reservoir, but the LEAKSHIELD needs air to work properly, the less air volume there is, the more sensitive it reacts to pressure changes. Have you calibrated the virtual flow sensor of the D5 NEXT and given the LEAKSHIELD as a flow sensor? Is the system completely vented? If the LEAKSHIELD is not holding pressure I would suspect that there is an air leak somewhere, does air visibly collect somewhere in...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 17:35

Zitat von »cptninc« I'm curious how this goes for you. Hopefully, it is as simple as just leaving more air space inside of the reservoir. I have entirely stopped using my LEAKSHIELD because of its false alarms. It seems like a flawed execution of a good concept. Leaving more air in the tube and calibrating the virtual flow meter didn't help. Reading this forum, I have found many mentions that small pressure leak is normal. I've posted those leak tests so either the support could tell me that it...

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 19:45

That was as excellent tip about calibrating the pump. I have managed to calibrate it and additionally using an offset of 25% it's only off by 10% from the real flow. Before it'd show 90 l/h, and now it stays around 200 l/h which is not bad at all for a virtual sensor. The flow next sensor would show something around 225 l/h at that speed. I'll try to drain some of the water tomorrow and see how that works. Thanks a lot for some great suggestions.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 19:01

Hello, I have some issues with leakshield. It would be great if you could help me solve them. I didnt have some of these issues when I had the flow next sensor in the loop, but I stopped using it because it had its own issues e.g. becoming noisy when water temperature hits 35 degrees Every time I shut down the PC, I get a leak alert. It's like it's not understanding that the d5 next pump has shut downIt'll throw an alert when the d5 next pump goes to a much lower power level. Leak test is not ho...

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:43

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

I've thrown away my flow sensor and just gave up on using it. My first issue was that it becomes noisy if water temperature reaches 35 degrees. You also need at least 5 cm of hard tubing, otherwise it'll be noisy too. It forced me to imitate hard tubing using fittings, which just looked horrible.