• 27.04.2024, 22:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-10 von insgesamt 10.

Sonntag, 28. Januar 2024, 18:40

Forenbeitrag von: »DeathToTheWind«

Aquasuite: Controlling your Pumps/Fans with virtual sensors and automatic condition based curve switching.

Zitat von »cptninc« I would just give it an actual drain port on the bottom and a "drain port" on the top where you can hook in a LeakSHIELD as needed. With a loop like yours where everything is vertical and plumbed in parallel, a LeakSHIELD can really easily do a vacuum-assisted fill on the first shot without even needing to cycle the pump. Without those QDCs, a single D5 could easily hit 200lph in a loop like yours and that would be well beyond the point of diminishing returns with regard to ...

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2024, 03:54

Aquasuite: Controlling your Pumps/Fans with virtual sensors and automatic condition based curve switching.

Correct which is why im using a dual pump in series so that I can combine the head from both. If I up the flow rate parallel rads will be more efficient. And the pressure drop from the QDC’s and parallel rads will be manageable with the increased pump pressure. Only reason I’m doing 8 is purely so I can exchange all hardware without draining the loop through the fold out MB tray.

Sonntag, 21. Januar 2024, 17:54

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« It sounds to me as if you want to design your cooling for maximum noise level, my cooling is designed for minimum noise level, hence 4x 420 radiators with very slow fans and a pump setting that is not audible. I also dislike high water temperatures. Unfortunately i'm currently forced too, as the first case I built is just big enough to house a push pull 360mm and all cables internally, but aesthetically displays hardware externally. The next will be able to run fans lo...

Samstag, 20. Januar 2024, 18:55

Zitat von »Taubenhaucher« My water temperature under load is ~2.5 °C above room temperature. The only significant changes I see with this type of load are when the room temperature changes. Then the water temperature fluctuates. However, when I increase the 3 fans of the upper 420 radiator from 490 to 740 RPM, the CPU temperature drops from 37.75 °C to 37.38 °C. Yes because the formula Q=mCpDT, air flow is treated like a fluid and has a mass flow rate like the coolant, the only difference is th...

Freitag, 19. Januar 2024, 16:28

Zitat von »Remayz« only the D5 is watercooled and still, it dumps such minute amounts of heat in the water that you can basically disregard it. The temperature sensors are so imprecise anyway you'll probably have bigger measurement errors than pump heat "offsets". If you use DDC pumps for space savings, they are air cooled so it won't trouble the measures during your tests. What ChatGPT told you about flow rates influencing heat transfer is correct but in our case with computer watercooling, th...

Freitag, 19. Januar 2024, 08:27

Zitat von »PvF« What you need is the Formular for the "heat flow" = "Power". This Formular is similar to Q=mcDT but with a dot above the "Q" and the "m" to indicate this is per "time" - e.g. per second (1J/s = 1W) Sorry that was my error in typing.It’s been a while since I took a physics or chemistry class lol, It’s the formula for cooling capacity. But yes it is supposed to be heat = mass flow * specific heat capacity * temperature differencekW = (kg/s)x(kJ/kg/°C)x( °C) As you said we can conv...

Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2024, 17:43

Sorry that was confusing wording. Flow rate isn't reduced. A flow of 220lph split through two tubes will still have a total flow off 220lph, but the flow through each of the two tubes after the split will be 110lph. And yes the velocity does decrease with larger less restrictive tubing compared to the same flow through smaller tubing. But how does increasing flow rate not contribute to additional cooling? Technically there is a Delta T for the waterblocks-coolant and a Delta T for the coolant-am...

Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2024, 07:41

But there is a temperature change as a result of increased flow... And that is the point of this. Not what you should or shouldn't do. Or that its so small it shouldn't matter. This is meant for those who want to squeeze every bit of cooling potential out of their loop, but only when they need it. If that is your takeaway, you are missing the other configurations this sensor could be used for. And if you just want a static pump and fan running off Delta T that's fine too. Its not enough to say f...

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2024, 21:46

It was quite fun. And funny enough I did make a Rube Goldberg machine years ago. The main reason besides experimentation was to develop a way of increasing the pump speed when it’s needed most and only then. Increasing flow rate will move more heat from components to the radiator. If the fans are maxed the only thing you can do is speed up the pump or lower ambient temp to gain additional cooling. In the case of fans it can be used to shut them off completely when delta T is a value you set for ...

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2024, 07:57

This is a virtual sensor I came up with to allow me to run two or more curves on the same profile for a fan or pump header. Within the sensor I can configure triggers so that the fan/pump will switch curves when system conditions are met. [attach]10649[/attach] As im not as versed in posting to this forum here is a reddit post linked with the guide. https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…s_with_virtual/ CPU/GPU load virtual sensors for more data driven load values. [attach]10650[/attach] CPU [...