• 03.06.2024, 16:49
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

simple question, instilation of a flow meter

Friday, October 11th 2013, 6:30am

i have this flow meter http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1655 and in my haste to unbox i have since lost/misplaced instruction and i am wondering can this sort of flow meter work on its side or on its back end pointing up, or must it be installed flat to the bottom of the case

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 8:10am

I think you will find it is very similar or identical to the unit used in a hig-flow flow meter.
I have used my high-flow vertical mounted and horizontal (current build) with no issues.
  • I do not hard mount it to the case as people report ticking noise from some units, I support it with soft foam.
  • I have always avoided tight bends close to the high-flow as I assume increased turbulence will increase noise
  • I calibrate it to the software I am using, for its information to be meaningful.