• 24.05.2024, 14:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Re: Aquatube reservoir

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 22:19

Whoops :-X Now I see what you mean! Sometimes it is hard to follow the broken English here ;) I don't think that will be possible because AFAIK the bodies are made out of stainless steel. Perhaps this switch http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-76.html

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 22:26

Broken English?! I hope you don't mean my English?! :-/

I'll take a look at the link. Thanks.
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 22:40

Ahh...not yours :-*

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 22:41

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Ahh...not yours  :-*

Phew... ;D
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 20:20

just look there, these are the buttons AC sales...there are simply no black ones. and I do not have an Idea how to make buttons like that in black

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 20:25

Zitat von »CyberXY«

just look there, these are the buttons AC sales...there are simply no black ones. and I do not have an Idea how to make buttons like that in black

I don't think you can anodize stainlesss steel, but you could apply black chrome.

Donnerstag, 24. März 2005, 10:17

Black chrome? That would be the first time I see that.
The best way is to paint the button. The manufacturer (Bulgin) has answered an e-mail of mine and explained that the buttons can't be disassembled, so that leaves any kind of heat treatment (emaille, applying chrome) in the realm of fiction. These buttons are, once assembled, vandal free. It has its pros and cons.

Donnerstag, 24. März 2005, 17:31

Zitat von »Timstone«

Black chrome? That would be the first time I see that.
The best way is to paint the button. The manufacturer (Bulgin) has answered an e-mail of mine and explained that the buttons can't be disassembled, so that leaves any kind of heat treatment (emaille, applying chrome) in the realm of fiction. These buttons are, once assembled, vandal free. It has its pros and cons.

Actually black chrome is quite popular in the colonies and I suppose the world as well. You have not heard of it? However, this treatment would need to be done during manufacturer of the switch not after!

Freitag, 25. März 2005, 16:59

i didn't ever hear of Black Chrome, too :P

Freitag, 25. März 2005, 19:56

Thanks you just saved my face there. ;D
I'm a mechanical engineer (well, almost) and I've never heard of that. Is it something like quicksilver... ;)

Samstag, 26. März 2005, 00:45

Zitat von »CyberXY«

i didn't ever hear of Black Chrome, too :P

Google is your friend ;D ;D ;D

I'm not sure how it is put on. I will ask my brother the manufacturing engineer and get back to you. I *think* it is something similar to hard chrome that ends up looking like it has a black sheen to it. Seems real popular on diving equipment (aqua-lung) and cars. I think it came out of the aerospace industries IIRC.

Samstag, 26. März 2005, 19:25

So it isn't a chrome (as in metal) sort of thing. It's more some kind of rubbery material.

Today (in the weekends I work at a hardware store) I helped someone who brought some sort of cleaner with him for his car. The bottle (the brand was Turtlewax) shouted in large letters "Black Chrome". It was a cleaner for bumbers and other black plasticks on the outside of a car.

Samstag, 26. März 2005, 21:08

Zitat von »Timstone«

So it isn't a chrome (as in metal) sort of thing. It's more some kind of rubbery material.

No, it IS a metal applied to a metal surface.

Donnerstag, 31. März 2005, 17:29

Black Chrome is done the same way as regular chrome electroplating but with a dark black chromium coating over nickel instead of the usual silver.
BUt the switch in question is a Bulgin Vandal switch. It is designed to be "vandal-proof". You would need to take the switch apart to chrome it, which is all but impossible.. Sorry..

Freitag, 1. April 2005, 16:27

Thanks for the underlying technical stuff, I was too lazy (and busy) to search for it myself.
I asked someone from Bulgin about it and he was so kind to help me on my way to paint the button black. In the weekend I'll ask a colleague of mine about the issue. When I succeed applying a decent layer of paint, I'll post a how-to with photo's. That is IF I succeed.

Re: Aquatube reservoir OT

Samstag, 2. April 2005, 17:45

This is somewhat OT, but I am planning on taking one of my EVO grills and sending it out to be black chromed (BC) as soon as it gets here. So I will post a pic when I get done ;D

After you guys see it I would be surprised if A-C didn't start offering a BC grill in all your sizes made.

Samstag, 2. April 2005, 21:02

Great stuff Top Nurse,
Top notch! ;D

Samstag, 16. April 2005, 21:58

Hi again,

I'm almost ready to order the Aquatube, but I still have some questions. It's about the 4 different connection options given with the Aquatube.
1) Plug & Cool gerade (34306)
2) Plug & Cool gewinkelt (34308)
3) Pneumatik-Verschraubung 10/8 mm (34309)
4) Schlauchtüllen 10 mm (34307)
What are the differences? And which one should I choose to incorporate into my Asetek Waterchill cooling system?
The whole system is based on 10 mm.

Sonntag, 17. April 2005, 23:07

Nobody?

Sonntag, 17. April 2005, 23:26

it depends on whether the 10mm you quote is the inner diameter of the tubing or the outer. in either case, i think the first two are out of the question, as they are for the standard A-C tubing with an outer diameter of 8mm and an inner diameter of 6mm. as for the others i can only assume the "Pneumatik-Verschraubung 10/8 mm" connector is for 10mm outer diameter tubing with 8mm inner diameter. the "Schlauchtüllen 10 mm" could be the ones you want, as they take the 10mm inner diameter tubing. they are push-on type connectors, where you push the tube over the end. after that you may or may not want to use hose clips to secure the tubing. hope that helps, i'm not entirely sure about the third one, but i'm sure one of the other nice people here would be more than happy to answer that! ;D