• 30.05.2024, 19:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Re: new set up / aquaero problem :/

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 04:37

shoggy,

sorry i missed this the first time around

pid_0724 relates to the aquahub
pid_0725 relates to the aquaero 3.07

i tried deleting the files as you mention to force reconfigure but windows refuses to delete due to error.

both folders show as rev 3.07 & not rev 4.0 is there registry key to force rev 4.0 as im sure this is where the fault lies ?

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 04:58

Which Version of the aquaero do you have?

3.07 vs. 4.00

Pay attention to the different mounting plates on the side. Within the aquaero you have a menu which shows you the hardware version of your aquaero. What does it say?

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 05:20

the box it came in said v3.07

tho someone on this forum told me AC started to use v4.0 boards in later v3.07. and the way to tell was that v4.0 should be imprinted on the back of the main board. which mine does have this imprinted.

not sure what menu you mean. as i cant get aquaero suite to show anything. the unit displays v3.99d but i think thats the firmware iirc.

sorry didnt notice links. going by the pics its v4.0

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 15:48

Ahhh, I think that IS the solution :)

It seems that you have one of the first 4.00 aquaeros. The firmware 3.99d is only a changeover-firmware because the final and completly new firmware wasn't finished when AC was delivering the 4.00 aquaeros. That also means your aqauero has the old operating system which is not compatible to the aquasuite!

At first you have to update the operating system of your aquaero to version 2.03. Download this ZIP archive and extract it somewhere.

To be sure that the update will success you should do the following.

1.) Shut down your PC and disconnect everything from your aquaero (sensors, fans, ATX stand-by, etc.). Only the power and usb connection should be attached.

2.) Back in Windows: close all unnecessary tools like virus-scanner, messenger etc.

3.) Start the 'aquaero os loader.exe' from the ZIP archive.

4.) In the menu click on Sprache and select english.

5.) Make sure that the status in the lower left corner says that a connection to the aquaero is established (if not you have to stop here).

6.) Click on the button 'flash firmware'. Confirm the warning message. Arter that you have to press and hold the set button of your aquaero for around 2-3 seconds. The update process will start now.

7.) When the update is finished you have to shutdown Windows and disconnect your PC from the power outlet for 30 seconds.
An other way would be that you only disconnect the power-cable from the aquaero and wait 30 seconds before you plug it in again.

8.) Start your PC and the display of your aquaero should say 'load news OS' and after a few seconds it sould say something like 'new OS loaded, please restart'. Shut down you PC again and repeat step 7. (disconnecting the power)!

8.) Start your PC. Windows should recognize a new device. Wait until this process has finished, repeat step 2. and then start the latest version of the aquasuite.

9.) In the menu bar click on Sprache and select english. Maybe you can already see the aquaero screens but they will give you crazy values because the aquaero needs a newer firmware. Click on aquaero and select flash firmware. Choose the file 'aquaero firmware 410a.afd4'. You will see a info-box, just click OK. I'm not sure if you have to click something again, just read and do what it says. On the aquaero you have to press and hold the set button for 2-3 seconds and the update will start.

10.) When the update is finished the aquaero display says you have to restart. Shutdown windows and repeat step 7. Now you can reattach your senors and fans.

11.) Start your computer, in Windows start the aquasuite and welcome to the world of aquaero ;D

Freitag, 18. August 2006, 16:48

Hehe, I hope it works for him.

Samstag, 19. August 2006, 12:39

lol me hopes so to. i have writen it all down on me note pad , but i have a query b4 i start.
in step 1 you say to disconnect everything from the aquaero leaving only the usb & power cables attached, but what about the pumps lead ?
do i need to disconnect that as well and run seperate power leads to pump controllers ?

Samstag, 19. August 2006, 15:40

Remove the bridge-cable between the aquastream controller and the aquaero. Plug in the power cable to the aquastream controller.

JaR

Sonntag, 20. August 2006, 11:38

Or simply remove the aquaero from your pc and connect the aquaero to power and USB of a different computer.
badger badger badger ...

Donnerstag, 24. August 2006, 22:01

on reflection removing the aquaero would have been the best idea or maybe just not been so impatince, and wait for shoggy's reply. it would have saved me a lot of money & heart ache last weekend  :(

i left the bridge cable & pumps attached to the aquaero & updated firmware as per the intructions. then the shit hit the fan so too speak. 1 blown up controller & 1 6800 ultra with a core melt down. :'(

tbh i got so ferked off with it i removed the aquaero completly im sure i will reinstall it but atm i just cant bring myself to put it back in.

luckly i didn't kill both ultra's.

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 15:55

Sorry to hear that dude.

SNIFFY