• 17.07.2018, 09:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 9. Juli 2018, 21:31

Thanks for the answer... my suggestion is anyway valid if developer would like to evaluate it as additional feature.
@smeroni68: it is not possible.

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018, 08:48

aquasuite 2018-2 has been released this morning. It contains some bugfixes for problems and minor errors that have been reported in the last days.

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018, 12:30

RAM usage does not look unusual to me. Do you remember the values that you had with the old version?

It all seems fine. I was just reporting what I see really; I'm very happy with the new version.

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018, 16:22

One thing I know this, upon installation of the new Aquasuite 2018-2 there is a warning and don't " " me on that but something in these lines that "some futures might not be supported or work properly on windows older than 8.1".
If that's the case why would you guys at AC start leaving windows 7 behind already, windows 7 is still officially supported by MS, even the warning itself is premature, don't you think. I have several workstations based on Win 7 and I'm not moving to Win 10 ever, if anything I will shift different direction I got to pay attention the next time we are asked to update our hardware firmware because there is still no option of going back to older firmware and once updated you can't revert at all
ASUS X99-E-10G WS
Intel Core i7-6950X Broadwell-E
Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB DDR4 2400MHz
EVGA GTX Titan Black SC x3
Seasonic SS-1200XP3 80 PLUS PLATINUM x2

Windows 7 x64 Pro/ 256GB Samsung 850 PRO

Storage:
WD 8x 12TB Datacenter Hard Drive

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018, 16:57

The Windows 7 EXTENDED support ends 2020/01.
Many features (Dirext X, .. ) are not available in Windows versions before 8.1.

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018, 17:06

In first place this affects the AMBIENTpx feature of the new QUADRO controller. Older Windows versions work different in the background. We use a very efficient way to capture the display content which requires almost no resources but this routine is not compatible to Windows 7 systems. In theory we could have develop an alternative way for Windows 7 but seriously, spending further working time for a system that almost none of our customers are using anymore is just a waste of time. Sorry to say so but I hope you will understand that. As said it also does not really affect the regular functions of the aquasuite.