• 27.04.2024, 12:57
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Want to be sure of something before I order my loop parts.

Tuesday, February 11th 2020, 9:55pm

I am working on a water cooling loop and intend to use the D5 next. I will be using a total of 7 noiseblocker B12-P 120mm fans.

I am hoping that I can connect a splitty9 / splitty9 active to the D5 next and have the fans respond to accordingly.

Am I right in this assumption or am I missing something

Thanks in advance! :D

p.s is the d5 next compatible with the heatkiller tanks?

DRF

Tuesday, February 11th 2020, 10:00pm

Hello i dont know if i understood your question but with splitty9 you distribute power + 1 single PWM signal for every slot and retrieve 1 Tachy signal back

Wednesday, February 12th 2020, 3:05am

Hello i dont know if i understood your question but with splitty9 you distribute power + 1 single PWM signal for every slot and retrieve 1 Tachy signal back
Just wondering if the D5 next will have enough power to run the 7 fans or if i need the boost granted by the splitty9 active.

Wednesday, February 12th 2020, 3:35am

https://www.blacknoise.com/datas/downloa…0_122012_de.pdf

B12-P has 1.92W consumption, so 7*1.92=13.44W and you have 25W fan power. So yes D5 Next should be able to power your fans!

ehupp01

Wednesday, February 12th 2020, 5:51pm

Had mine setup with 8 fans and they could not reach full RPM so I added a Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub and it works great. I think the splitty9 would be a good choice also.
Just wondering if the D5 next will have enough power to run the 7 fans or if i need the boost granted by the splitty9 active.

Friday, February 14th 2020, 7:39pm

Was that a regular or the "active" splitty9?
Had mine setup with 8 fans and they could not reach full RPM so I added a Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub and it works great. I think the splitty9 would be a good choice also.

ehupp01

Saturday, February 15th 2020, 4:00pm

Did not use Splitty9 I used the Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub that is similar to the Active it is powered. :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ehupp01" (Feb 15th 2020, 4:02pm)

Wednesday, February 19th 2020, 12:21am

Not got any experience with Silverstone products. Reliable?
Did not use Splitty9 I used the Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub that is similar to the Active it is powered. :thumbup:

ehupp01

Wednesday, February 19th 2020, 8:29pm

So far so good. First one I owned as well. :thumbup:
Not got any experience with Silverstone products. Reliable?