• 27.04.2024, 17:48
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cptninc

Help tracking down an RGB short

Sunday, January 17th 2021, 11:56pm

I am trying to track down a short circuit in the RGB on one of my loops and could use some help.

The LEDs are supposed to be powered by a Farbwerk 360 but it tells me that there is a short somewhere. The chain is:
Farbwerk 360 -> Splitty4(1) -> Splitty4(2) -> Splitty4(3) -> Splitty4(4)

Each Splitty4 has 4 Corsair ML120 RGB fans attached, for a total of 64 LEDs.

I have been probing with my multimeter and have not gotten the results that I was expecting. When I check the resistance between + and - on each Splitty4, I get an open connection. This is what I expected. When I connect the fans, each one has a resistance of 16.6kohm and the resistance goes down exactly like it should when adding resistors in parallel.

I checked all of the cables and none of them have any pins shorted.

Where else should I be looking to find the short?

cptninc

Monday, January 18th 2021, 5:04am

Nevermind. I fixed it. I had accidentally swapped the Out and In on the first Splitty4 in the chain.