• 28.04.2024, 08:14
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Is it possible

Sunday, April 11th 2021, 9:04pm

Has anyone ever made custom length rgbpx cables? If so where to buy the connector, terminals and punch tool?

Thanks

k2viper

Sunday, April 11th 2021, 9:40pm

JST 1,25 4-pin pre-wired connectors on aliexpress. Solder them to any 4-wire cable you need.

cptninc

Sunday, April 11th 2021, 10:25pm

Are they JST or Molex Picoblade?

I've made my own using Picoblade components and they work great. The catch is that Molex crimpers are $$ unless you grab some from an auction.

SCANDALOUS

Monday, April 12th 2021, 7:26am

I got a 10 pack of pretty crimped Molex Picoblade 10CM for 4€ on Ebay

k2viper

Monday, April 12th 2021, 4:23pm

Under Molex brand they are called picoblade, but in some places JST 1,25 is the right name for the same thing.
There are pre-crimped with wires.

cptninc

Monday, April 12th 2021, 5:15pm

JST-SH and Molex Picoblade are not the same thing although they are very similar. The JST-SH is 1.0mm pitch whereas the Picoblade is 1.25mm. For low circuit count plugs, you can usually jam one into the other if you press hard enough. A better option, however, is to just use the correct connector.

k2viper

Monday, April 12th 2021, 10:43pm

JST 1,25 has exactly 1,25mm pitch and fits perfectly into aquacomputer RGBpx ports.

cptninc

Tuesday, April 13th 2021, 3:46pm

Do you have a link to that connector handy? I don't see anything mentioned on JST's website.