• 28.04.2024, 17:03
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

3-pin Adapters and splitters

Monday, April 12th 2021, 9:40pm

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of building my first loop, and I'm stuck on connectivity issues.

Parts of my setup come from EK, so the RGB cables are 3-pins 5V connectors.
Now I want to control everything from an OCTO, and I know that I'll need an 3-pin -> RGBpx adapter (this one) and an RGBpx cable (this one).

But what if I want to connect all 3 of my aRGB components on one RGBpx connector? Would it work if I use a splitter (such as this EK splitter?), or do I need a FarbWerk before?

Thanks for any answer you can provide!

Hufeisen

Tuesday, April 13th 2021, 5:36pm

Would it work if I use a splitter (such as this EK splitter?)
This Splitter works.
But there are a number of Problems, because the Splitter connects the LEDs in parallel. (rgbpx is designed to have a serial connection)
- All connected devices show the same color sequence, because the data is shared. It is no longer possible to address each LED seperately.
- If the connected devices have different amount of LEDs, it will limit or break some color effects.
- In the Aquasuite software, you have to create a dummy effect at the end to match the total numbers of LEDs.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hufeisen" (Apr 13th 2021, 5:40pm)