• 16.04.2024, 18:31
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

D5 pump: constant Pump speed to low warning. even after replacing with new unit

Tuesday, September 21st 2021, 4:29pm

Hi,

I am in need of some serious help as i cant seem to figure out what is wrong with my setup.

I bought a D5 Next pump with ultitube pro reservoir a few months ago for my new setup. It was generally working ok although it would often disconnect itself from my computer. I needed ( and still do... please help) the computer to finish my thesis so i decided to ignore this problem for now as my settings were loaded on the pump itself.

A few days ago my D5 pump started beeping while it was idle. I checked the device and it was showing a temperature warning and having the fans go on full power. This was weird because the GPU and CPU temperature was with in normal range. I couldn't access the device through software as it wouldn't connect to the computer no matter how often i restarted the computer. So the only option i had was resetting to factory defaults through the physical buttons. This made things worse as the beeping was now constant and i had a pump speed too low warning now. The pump doesn't seem to spin at all now.

I decided to just bite the bullet and buy a new pump as i needed to get it working asap. This did not change anything. The new unit gives the exact same warning. I disconnected everything from the PSU except the pump and it still gives me the warning. Through the small screen i checked that the pump power was set to 100%, the power readings were showing as 12.10v and 5.12v with firmware 1017.
I am officially lost. I have nowhere to turn to for help regarding this and need the computer working asap.

Any advice would be helpful

P.S. I tried calling the number on the manual for support but that number does not seem to be in use.

Tuesday, September 21st 2021, 5:05pm

I also just tried to run it dry, it ran spun just fine. (only a second as to not damage it) Didnt wait long enough to see if there was a beeping sound. Should i have it spin dry for a few extra seconds to see if it will beep?

Remayz

Tuesday, September 21st 2021, 7:13pm

the pump constantly disconnecting from the PC.. are you on a ryzen build with a 5 series motherboard (B550, X570) ?
I wonder if their USB disconnect issues could be a big part of it, with Aquasuite not being able to get readings reliably.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 12:20am

I am on a Ryzen 5 build on a b550 motherboard. That might explain it, but i think mine is just faulty.

On the pump front, I had the pump spin dry for longer without it beeping or anything. So I decided to try it out under water again it magically worked now....
Guess running it dry for a bit fixed it? This is the old pump btw, the new one doesn't even spin dry. It might be DOA. due to a different issue but annoyingly gave the same warning message...

On the disconnecting from pc issue, I couldn't get the old unit to connect to my pc at all, no matter what i did. I tried the new one on the same internal USB header and it worked great.
So to fix all my issues i needed the pump of the old unit and the control part of the new one....Had to buy two to get a fully working one :(

I wonder if i could send back the new control unit and old pump somehow....

Now if only all the RGBs would work... the Ultitube ring and connected aqua computer cpu block should have rgv,,, I even daisy chained them together but they have only ever worked sporadically...
I think I shouldn't get greedy and be happy with my computer being usable again.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "raster212" (Sep 22nd 2021, 12:22am)

Speedy-VI

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 3:49am

This is quite strange and sounds like a classic case of 2 different problems. Sounds like your new pump does not work, but the USB interface does, while the old pump was having an issue that seems to have worked itself out, but its USB interface is not working. I guess you need to RMA the new pump and hope the old pump keeps working (without USB) until the replacement new pump gets there. If the replacement pump does the same thing, there is something else going on.

I don't know what would cause erratic operation of the LEDs. I suggest checking the RGBpx connections carefully. Those connectors are way better than the "standard" ARGB connectors, but then can sometimes not fully seat.

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 7:44am

Take a look at THIS USB issues with AMD boards
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 9:28am

I can only speak of my boards of course, but the USB issues have been fixed via AGESA updates, on the X570 AORUS Pro months ago and my new Crosshair VIII Dark Hero has no issues either.
Have you ever updated your BIOS?
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 9:34am

The AGESA update fixed it for some people but from what i see they are not the majority. People still have to rely on powered internal USB hubs to get their stuff to stop disconnecting. That would be the second solution if the Bios update doesn't do the trick. But got to start there, it's free :)

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 10:35am

I kept my bios up to date and was aware of the amd usb issue.

What makes me believe my control unit is simply faulty is that the new one works flawlessly so far. Yesterday i tried switching between them multiple times and the results were a consistent yes for the new one and no for the old one. Im just happy it works now.

As for the RGBpx issue, I'm not sure what is going on there. From the start whenever I would boot the pc, there would be a 30% chance of them working. Sometimes when i tried messing around with the colours and such in the aquasuite software it would also crash. I'm not sure if that's related but either way it seems something is going on here. How its set up now is that there is a cable from the d5 next to the ultitube ring and from the other side of the ring to the cpu waterblock.

Remayz

Wednesday, September 22nd 2021, 10:48am

i sometimes got Aquasuite crashes when tweaking RGBpx, more often on a farbwerk nano, but it happened also on the other controllers, rare though. so i guess that's an Aquasuite random bug, at least for the crashes