• 25.05.2022, 05:42
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

cptninc

Why is my Leakshield showing state as "Unprotected?"

Monday, May 9th 2022, 2:55pm

I have a newly installed Leakshield. It was working fine when I installed it yesterday, but this morning it is showing a state of "unprotected." It seems to be pulling and holding good vacuum. What should I be looking at to resolve this?

The loop is a simple one with a single D5 Next pump on an Ultitube 150 (Leakshield is mounted on top of the Ultitube), a Highflow Next, a couple of rads, and a trio of [Aquacomputer] blocks.

cptninc

Monday, May 9th 2022, 3:01pm

Naturally, this has resolved itself just a few minutes after I post :-)

cptninc

Thursday, May 12th 2022, 8:15pm

Showing unprotected again. Is this normal? What should I be looking at if not?

Stephan

Administrator

Friday, May 13th 2022, 10:17am

If the parameters in your system are changing (pump speed, flow rate etc.) the needed vacuum can increase. Until LEAKSHIELD adapts the pressure it shows "unprotected".
By the way: It looks like your LEAKSHIELD pumpe each hour. So your system doesn't look to be really tight. But this can be easily checked at the daily pump runtime chart.

cptninc

Friday, May 13th 2022, 4:47pm

Ah, ok. I do have the pump set to vary the speed based on temp (just a coolant temp setpoint on the D5). It's a somewhat restrictive loop, so I see a difference in coolant temp during periods of high load if the pump isn't spinning fast enough.

I can raise the minimum pump speed so that there is less variation. The loop is pretty well purged (I think), but I will also try doing a vacuum fill once I get some additional DP Ultra delivered just in case there's still some air stuck in the rads.

It's definitely possible that the loop isn't super tight. It has a pair of Alphacool QDCs which may be leaking, as well as a few hard tube fittings which I might not have gotten completely tight. What is a normal amount of LEAKSHIELD pump activation?

Stephan

Administrator

Monday, May 16th 2022, 9:41am

In our systems it pumps one time in ~3 days. But 2-3 times per day is still fine.