• 27.07.2024, 05:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Frequent pressure drop, have never turned on computer

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2024, 05:32

I have turned on my power supply and the Leakshield filled my reservoir successfully.
I allowed about an inch to spare.
The Leakshield reads Leak Shield Mode
Then there are some generous bubbles entering the reservoir.

The Leakshield reads 0% filled.
I note the Leakshield reads Leask Shield Mod unprotected.

The Leakshield will pump the system to about 130 mbar and then it counts down a loss of pressure at about 1 mbar per three seconds.
And after a minute or two with the pressure having dropped below 100 mbar I get a frequent pressure drop alarm.
I turn the power supply off at this point.
Upon repetition this repeats, sometimes with the initial pressure starting at 90 mbar.
I have examined and tightened all connections a couple of times and noted no weeping or drops.
I am using EK Cryofuel Clear.
I have used the Leakshield successfully and previously on my last build.
Could the problem be that I have not yet engaged the pump such that the error is resulting from air in the system.
And if so, should I engage the pump or
must I first resolve the frequent pressure drop alarm?
thank you

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2024, 05:57

Ok I'm running DEAERATION
probably should I have done this before, silly
I will report back
please share any thoughts or advice

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2024, 20:08

Well I'm flabbergasted? Relieved?
Anyway, started troubleshooting last night at 7pm and stopped at 2am.
Started again this morning at 11am and first
decided to install the Leakshield on an isolated reservoir and see if I could run Monitor with no pressure loss.
At first I was unable to do so and convinced myself it was a fault Leakshield.
After tightening everything and partially disassembling the Leakshield and lubricating the o-ring I was able to attain no pressure loss.
A mixed result.
So I returned to the system and installed the Leakshield again hoping the work on the Leakshield would resolve the problem.
No luck.
I had generated two choices, a) remove the Leakshield or ignore the Leakshield pressure loss functions.
After all, the system didn't appear to have any leaks.
b) Or begin disassembling the cooling loop looking for trouble.
My wife had asked me a couple days ago if I were having fun and I told her that it was fun when I reminded myself this was an interesting hobby.
So I chose option "b."
I removed a short ugly section at the front that contains an Aquaflow and an EK drain port.
I plugged ends at a radiator port and a tube and no leaks!
The Monitor function quickly revealed a stable pressure.
This happened ten minutes ago.
Sheesh. I'm going to reassemble without the EK drain port. It's a funky unit that pulls out to allow flow.
It's always been a bit finicky, but seeing as it has a plug at the end I never worried about it much.
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's the Aquaflow, I hope not, or one of the connectors, I'll see.
In any case, If you've read my previous posts, thanks. I just want to pass along some good news.
Once I'm sure about the culprit I'll report back in bold for educational purposes. thanks again

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2024, 23:32

I feel like I'm chasing my tail. I thought I'd isolated the leak and then it returned.
So, I began breaking the loop down again.
I've currently got three legs removed and NO leaks.
Hopefully, it will be a matter of reassembling part by part and testing with each step.
I'm not sure why I had so much trouble this time around.
I was essentially just rebuilding the system. I replaced the CPU and CPU waterblock, but everything else was the same.
Maybe I was too cavalier in making my connections the first time around.
All it takes is one poor connection after all.
I will report back.

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2024, 04:26

Good luck!

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2024, 07:17

I am using EK Cryofuel Clear.

Be careful with this, we have some customers who have had major problems with it.
Defective pump bearings
Completely clogged cooler
Deposits at all possible points in the loop