• 19.04.2024, 22:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 LT with "old" Aquastream and auto-shutdown

Sonntag, 18. September 2011, 18:32

I bought an Aquaero 5LT and I'm trying to integrate it with an "old" Aquastream (those with the separated controller, in my case one with the 1.31 firmware).

So my question is: how can I connect both? Do I still need the separated controller or can I connect the Aquastream directly to the Aquaero? If so, how?

I also bought this power control cable (article number 53047)

so that I can shutdown the PC if the temperature is to high. But I can't find that option in Aquasuite 2012. Also, the cable came with the purple and black wire with a connector that I connected to the standby connector in the Aquaero. Do I need to make anything with the green wire and connect it to the relay connector? If so witch pins should I connect?

Thanks

Montag, 19. September 2011, 20:07

Anyone? :(

Edit: What can I do connect both of them, Shoggy?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »balizeiro« (26. September 2011, 22:08)

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011, 19:42

Up :(

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011, 19:47

you can not connect the aquastrem (old) with the aquaero 5, the aquaero 5 works only with the aquastream XT, you can buy this:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1308

Samstag, 15. Oktober 2011, 16:33

What other pumps can I connect directly to the aquastream?

Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011, 18:49

Can I connect a MCP35X directly to the aquaero 5 or do I need something else?

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011, 12:36

You can also connect a MCP35X pump to the aquaero. I recommend to use this adapter cable and make sure that you have a good cooking for the voltage regulators of your aquaero.

To use the adapter for an emergency shutdown:

Connect the black/purple cable to the standby-plug of your aquaero. For the longer green cable you will need a 3-pin relay plug. Cut the cable where it makes sense for you, so that you can connect the ends to pin 2 and 3 of the relais plug.

To get the shutdown fuction to work you have to adjust some alarm settings: Main menu -> Alarm -> Alarm and warning settings -> Alarm/Warning 4 (for example), change its name to Shutdown and as first action to be performed you select switch relay for 2 seconds. Go a few steps back to the main menu of Alarm and go into Temperatures and select temperature alarm 1. Select a sensor as data source and go to limit for alarm. Set your preferred temperature value and also set the alarm level to shutdown (the setting we did before). Afterwards it should work and shutdown your PC when the temperature is to high. I highly recommend to test it so you can make sure it will work when necessary.

VoYaGeRTM

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011, 09:41

I have an MPC35x on my aquaero 5 pro without that adapter.
Just connect the molex to the psu and the pwm wire to the pwm header.
Put fan 4 output in pwm mode and voila it works.
Then it works with any controller you put on it, I currently use a curve one :P
Greetz

Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011, 21:40

Just received an MCP35X and the 3 pin relay plug yesterday and mounted them both on the system.
But now I've got to new questions:
- Where can I find this?
To get the shutdown fuction to work you have to adjust some alarm settings: Main menu -> Alarm -> Alarm and warning settings -> Alarm/Warning 4 (for example), change its name to Shutdown and as first action to be performed you select switch relay for 2 seconds. Go a few steps back to the main menu of Alarm and go into Temperatures and select temperature alarm 1. Select a sensor as data source and go to limit for alarm. Set your preferred temperature value and also set the alarm level to shutdown (the setting we did before). Afterwards it should work and shutdown your PC when the temperature is to high. I highly recommend to test it so you can make sure it will work when necessary.
I already plugged the green wire into the pin 2 and 3 of the relay plug, update the Aquasuite 2012 to the latest version (Beta 9) but I'm unable to find this options ?( I've got an Aquaero 5LT (don't know if this menu you're talking is for Pro or XT version)

- I can control the MCP35X from the Aquaero but its signal is inverted. When I set the "fan" speed to 0 the pump goes full speed, but when I set it to 100 the pump stops. Whats causing this?
In the Aquaero manual it says that I need to set the Fan 4 to PWM mode by going into Outputs -> Fans -> Fan4... Once again I cant find that option ?(

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 08:24

You can only set alarms and shutdown functions from the front panel controls for the moment using the menu structure described above. Aquasuite 2012 software will have those features active in a a future release.

Oops just read you have the LT... not sure if you can access the alarms and shutdown features yet since the software isnt available yet and you need the front panel buttons to access the menu. :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Phatboy69« (5. Dezember 2011, 08:27)

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 09:13

Thanks, that's what I tough
You can only set alarms and shutdown functions from the front panel controls for the moment using the menu structure described above. Aquasuite 2012 software will have those features active in a a future release.

Oops just read you have the LT... not sure if you can access the alarms and shutdown features yet since the software isnt available yet and you need the front panel buttons to access the menu. :(
And what about the "inverted" pump control? Do you know what may be causing it and how to solve it?

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011, 09:42

Searched a little deeper into all the options of the Aquasuite and found a way to specify the PWM mode for fan 4, but the pump always works at full speed if I specify a percentage over 40% for the fan speed.
Also changed the maximum RPM to 4500 but that didn't do a thing.

I also found a bug in Aquasuite witch is after turning the PC on after hibernation, the flow sensor always shows the same value even if I change the pump speed. If I turn off Aquasuite and then back on again, everything works ok. Is there a place where I can report this?

iBeta2

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 00:59

Me too. Every time Win7x64 resumes from sleep, Aquasuite 2012 needs to be restarted to get a working connection to the Aquero5 Pro.

Possibly more worrying is the couple of times (only had it a day though) Aquasuite 2012 lost the names of all the sensors. I had to restart Win7 to get them back. I had though been fiddling (connected a temp sensor etc) with the Aquero in suspend, before resuming into the blank sensor name problem.

Don't want to sound too negative - so far I think the Aquero5 + Aquasuite 2012 are great. The front LCD display, and the ability to make the Overview pages is fantastic. There are too many other improvements to mention, such as the fan amp temp sensors and power increase over the 4. And everything in 2012 beats 4.7, except for the suspend issue - tho' the 4.7 would also sometimes loose the usb connection on resume from S3).

iBeta2

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 12:31

Have just resumed from sleep, and after restarting Aquasuite 2012 all the sensor names are blank. The graphs on the Overview page still work, but any with automatic titles will not show any header (cos' the sensor names are blank). This suggests the usb connection is reopened, but somehow Aquasuite cannot access the sensor names, or any controllers that use them. If anyone knows a fix for this without a reboot, it would be great.

I know this is beta, but I would consider this a serious problem.

Have just tried to import a Profile to see if it will help anything, but am told 'Data are not compatible with this firmware!'. The profile was exported under the same firmware (1018), I know I've previously reimported a profile, so again, something isn't right.