• 25.04.2024, 19:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 08:15

I've gone through this entire thread again and I am inclined to agree with chippie about the pump head pressure.
A D5 has a head of about 5m compared to the C600 which is 1.3m. Your case is quite tall (60cm) and so along with all the tubing, you are forcing that pump to work very hard against atmospheric pressure, which is why, as you have observed, your coolant is literally 'crawling' through your tubes. Is there any way you can borrow a D5 or a DDC to test the theory?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (22. August 2012, 13:12)

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 13:39

Yes, Yes and Yes!!!

After doing further test and with the help of Aqua Computer i think the problem is solved.
Ambient Temp 28,1c
Water temp 41,4
Flow rate 47,6 l/h
CPU temp 68 c

The water temp sensor needed to get recallibrated! (not sure is this is the right spelling, sorry)
There was a huge 5 degree diff between the actual water temp and what the sensor was showing.
No blockage in my system no air (as far as i can tell) and hopefully a good enough pump for the job.

My question to you guys and girls if my current temp ok?

Thank you all for the great feedback. It helped me a lot.
Please let me know is the system looks ok now.

Regards
- Gigabyte X79-UD5 with an LGA2011 i73930k running at 4.3 GHz
- MSI 6870 GPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair DDR3 Mem
- Aquero 5XT watercooled, Airplex modularity system 360 with buit-in tank & pump
- Built in an Corsair 800D case running OS X Mountain Lion
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 14:43

The CPU temp is with prime or ibt running, or is that an idle temp? If it's idling at 68oC, 20 above the water temp, you probably need to reseat the HS.

Yes, Yes and Yes!!!

After doing further test and with the help of Aqua Computer i think the problem is solved.
Ambient Temp 28,1c
Water temp 41,4
Flow rate 47,6 l/h
CPU temp 68 c

The water temp sensor needed to get recallibrated! (not sure is this is the right spelling, sorry)
There was a huge 5 degree diff between the actual water temp and what the sensor was showing.
No blockage in my system no air (as far as i can tell) and hopefully a good enough pump for the job.

Regards
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 14:57

No Sorry the temps are while converting movies with iVI to iTunes checked with HWMonitor running OS X Mountain Lion.Haven't checked idle yet. It was while converting movies that it all went wrong.
The CPU temp is with prime or ibt running, or is that an idle temp? If it's idling at 68oC, 20 above the water temp, you probably need to reseat the HS.

Yes, Yes and Yes!!!

Ambient Temp 28,1c
Water temp 41,4
Flow rate 47,6 l/h
CPU temp 68 c

Regards
- Aquero 5XT watercooled, Airplex modularity system 360 with buit-in tank & pump
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 15:19

Glad you got it sorted!!! :)

How did they re-calibrate the temp sensor?

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 16:59

Yes so am i.
He told me to put one of the temp sensors in the fluid. It showed the real water temp a good 5 degree lower then the other sensor was showing.
Then i had to put the difference between the 2 in the aquasuit offset for the water temp sensor. That did the trick.
My idle temps are.

Ambient 28.7c
Case Temp inside 31.6c
Watertemp 36c
CPU temp 39c
Flow-rate 44.9 l/h restricted to 50 hz so the pump is really quit.
Fans around 850 rpm

This after a few minutes cool down after converting movies for over nearly 6 hours or so.
I'm not sure is everything is ok now but it all does looks better now.
Please keep the advices coming. I would like to get my rig good now.
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 17:36

Nice! ^^

Yes so am i.
He told me to put one of the temp sensors in the fluid. It showed the real water temp a good 5 degree lower then the other sensor was showing.
Then i had to put the difference between the 2 in the aquasuit offset for the water temp sensor. That did the trick.
My idle temps are.

Ambient 28.7c
Case Temp inside 31.6c
Watertemp 36c
CPU temp 39c
Fans around 850 rpm

This after a few minutes cool down after converting movies for over nearly 6 hours or so.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 20:43

Yes so am i.
My idle temps are.

Ambient 28.7c
Case Temp inside 31.6c
Watertemp 36c
CPU temp 39c
Fans around 850 rpm

I best do some more reading as I did not know there could be such a difference betweens sensors, why would you right!. After reading this I will check all of mine out with a thermometer etc.. when I rebuild the loop next time.

Thanks.

Donnerstag, 23. August 2012, 11:40

Good to hear you sorted out the problem. I have to admit it didn't even cross my mind that it was something as simple as the temp sensor showing the wrong temp. We always look for the obvious ... pumps, flow, tubing size etc ... Reminds me I need to check my sensors! Happy watercooling! :)

Freitag, 24. August 2012, 14:46

Hey All,

I would like to run something by you guys again.
I pursuit of a silent operating rig i did the following.
I have setup 4 progressieve curve controllers for controlling the fans as follow.

- For the hdd from 30c - 40c
- Air intake 30c - 45c
- Radiator Pull 33c - 45c
- Radiator Push 38c - 45c
So this means that full blast will only happen when the watertemp reaches 45.
I have been stressing the systems by converting 2 movies at the same time using Handbrake and iVI Pro while doing a bunch of other stuff. The highest short peak in watertemp after more than 6 hours straight is 44.1c the fans don't even reach full blast. When only being used normally the watertemp is around 38c.
Any feedback is this sounds good or can i do better?

Regards
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Freitag, 24. August 2012, 15:46

Hey All,

I have setup 4 progressieve curve controllers for controlling the fans as follow.

- Air intake 30c - 45c
I have been stressing the systems by converting 2 movies at the same time using Handbrake and iVI Pro while doing a bunch of other stuff. The highest short peak in watertemp after more than 6 hours straight is 44.1c the fans don't even reach full blast. When only being used normally the watertemp is around 38c.

Regards

Oops - my post is in the quote. Corrected

Nah - your rig looks real good. In fact, i would bump the OC higher. Is your airplex 360 one of the built-in pump&tank models? Sorry if I missed that in one of your earlier posts. Take a screen shot and post the controller curves...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jpmboy« (24. August 2012, 16:00)

Freitag, 24. August 2012, 16:42

Hey All,

- Air intake 30c - 45c

Regards

Oops - my post is in the quote. Corrected

Nah - your rig looks real good. In fact, i would bump the OC higher. Is your airplex 360 one of the built-in pump&tank models? Sorry if I missed that in one of your earlier posts. Take a screen shot and post the controller curves...
jpmboy

Yes my Airplex 360 has the pump & tank built in. To take screenshots i will have to startup in Windows. Will try that later right now converting like crazy. And i have to find a way to upload the pics. Until now keep getting an error message. I would like to go higher with the OC but i'll have to do research first. Until now had no succes when i passed 4.3. Must be missing something i think (hope).
I have limited my pump to 50 hz so it operates a lot quieter. Flow-rate is about 48 l/h
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Airplex

Freitag, 24. August 2012, 18:03

Fresh- good to know that the 360 keeps your system cool. We have a 240/c600 that manages to cool an sli rig, but with fans high. I'm tempted to get the 360/d5 combo for it. Next build may use the AC "Gigant ".
Btw, I've (we've) been using plug&cool connectors with 10/8 pur tubing. Very easy to work with and flow seems fine. Much easier than barbs or compression fittings and never a leak.

RE: Airplex

Freitag, 24. August 2012, 19:45

Fresh- good to know that the 360 keeps your system cool. We have a 240/c600 that manages to cool an sli rig, but with fans high. I'm tempted to get the 360/d5 combo for it. Next build may use the AC "Gigant ".
Btw, I've (we've) been using plug&cool connectors with 10/8 pur tubing. Very easy to work with and flow seems fine. Much easier than barbs or compression fittings and never a leak.
Was thinking of getting the plug&cool connectors too but i was told the compression fittings are better. Do u have a push / pull combo with the 240? What are the temps ur getting and the rpm of the fans?
- Dell U2711 27" monitor

Airplex

Samstag, 25. August 2012, 05:47

Eh, the way it's mounted in the case it can hold 2 cougar Pwm fans. They're pretty good; we even tried two delta fans and the rig almost took flight... Way too loud. Adding the second 580 pushed it too far. I have to say that the eheim pump has been running for a few years w/o a problem. The 240 manages to keep up, ir's a qx9770 at 4.5 and the 580s really are the culprit. It's dated, so we won't upgrade it. 360 or Gigant for next build. I'm liking the external setup better- more flexible. :thumbsup: