• 18.04.2024, 13:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Updated aquasuite/firmware stabillity issues??

Montag, 19. November 2012, 20:16

since new updates i have encountered a few problems(updated today) with my aquaero page open and running Intel burn test it crashes like resets the computer, so gave it a voltage bump and all is well, system was 100% stable before and would pass any test. Noticed whilst running IBT the speed/Gflops was all over the place by a differance of 9 Gflops, shut down aquasuite and theres very little variation, any ideas???

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 03:36

I've had several instances of BSOD since updating to the new Aquasuite/firmware. Hardware was not under any load, system previously stable.

Encountered the following STOP Error 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA each time Can't offer any insights though, not my area of expertise.

Hardware experts have any suggestions?

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 09:49

surely its software related, if i have my aquaero page showing it requires the extra volts for stability but if its just running in the background its fine. heres an example page of mine

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 10:28

just checked core temp(which shows cpu utilization) with my aquaero page open and cpu usage is all over the place, switching between cores and rising upto 37%, thats surly not good??? so do you think this is the firmware(which i cant change back now) or aquasuite?

edit, i'm on a 3770k @ 4.6GHz

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 10:31

it requires the extra volts for stability but if its just running in the background its fine
Normaly .Net use direct 3d to render the screens. If your system is not stable enough to show a simple page you have to reduce your cpu clock/voltage.
The aquasuite has nothing to do with your stability issues/BSOD.
Test it with system default values.

Zitat

STOP Error 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
This error can occur is you have a bug/fault in your system memory.

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 11:11

it requires the extra volts for stability but if its just running in the background its fine
Normaly .Net use direct 3d to render the screens. If your system is not stable enough to show a simple page you have to reduce your cpu clock/voltage.
The aquasuite has nothing to do with your stability issues/BSOD.
Test it with system default values.

So i can run prime at max for 24 hours, i can run Intel burn test on maximum for 30 runs all with no problems, i'd like most others would consider this stable and the only thing i have changed in the last 24 hours is the firmware for the LT and installed the new version of aquasuite, maybe i have a conflict somewhere??? but for the cpu to be jumping around and going upto 37% somethings not right. And to say " If your system is not stable enough to show a simple page" that is very POOR, i am not the only one who has had issues, reporting problems is meant to help the manufacturer and most of all the customer.

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 11:27

So i can run prime at max for 24 hours, i can run Intel burn test on maximum for 30 runs all with no problems,
Sorry, but Prime or Intel Burn test is not a indicator for an stable system.
You can test the heatload with this test, but prime is not a good indicator for system stability.

Whe the error occur with a overclocked system and NOT with the default values, the aquasuite is NOT the problem.
You use your system outside of any specifications.

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 11:46

so i'm using my system outside of specifications, ummm, and i'm using a few Aqua computer parts for watercooling, theres not many people go down this route to use there pc at stock/inside of specs.

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 12:04

In the most cases the people with BSOD oder erros like this:

Zitat

It´s a problem with overclocking or memory faults.

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 16:10

In the most cases the people with BSOD oder erros like this:

Zitat

It´s a problem with overclocking or memory faults.

i'm not getting that error, i'm getting crashes in IBT, and i'm sure its to do with aquasuites erratic behaviour, each core is jumping all over the place, maxing at 42%, but that 42% may be on core 0 and a second later its on core 3 etc,etc, this i might add when no other program is running, just my aquasuite page. looked in resource monitor and its saying Aquasuite is using an average of 14% between 4 cores

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nickolp197« (20. November 2012, 16:19)

Dienstag, 20. November 2012, 16:43

looked in resource monitor and its saying Aquasuite is using an average of 14% between 4 cores
If you minimize the aquasuite the load goes to nearly 0. The count of items on overview page are direct depend to cpu load.

Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 06:13

Sorry, but I actually am using my system at default specification. I have overclocked it out of curiosity just to see what it can do and to learn how to do it but daily use is 100% stock. The performance gains of overclocking for me are minimal compared to the extra power usage IMO.

Anyway,I've been closely monitoring what's going on with my system, including while aquasuite is open and it seems to have settled down. I haven't had a BSOD in several days now and I'm beginning to think it had something to do with gently pushing on the RAM sticks to reseat them in their slots. It can get very hot here during the day and then cool at night and perhaps the temperature variation unsettled my RAM through repeated thermal expansion and contraction. I don't really know and I'm just guessing that this may have caused some memory errors.

Checking my CPU usage while a page in Aquasuite is open ... aquasuite.exe averages about 6% while Aqua Computer Service averages less than 0.1%.

Nickolp, are you absolutely certain that your system is stable? 4.6GHz is a pretty high overclock.

Samstag, 24. November 2012, 16:04

yep 100% certain its stable, after reducing all the fancy gauges etc i now dont have this problem, looks sparse and does the job. The Aquaero is THE best controller on the market i just wish the software performed a little better, here's hoping for an improved version next time, mainly one with lower overheads.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:10

yep 100% certain its stable, after reducing all the fancy gauges etc i now dont have this problem, looks sparse and does the job. The Aquaero is THE best controller on the market i just wish the software performed a little better, here's hoping for an improved version next time, mainly one with lower overheads.
Yeah....those new default pages that come with the latest software release...are resource hogs. Takes my system about 7 or 8 seconds to even open it after you touch the screen. If you strip out the unused gauges/etc....it is more responsive.

AS2012 cpu load

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 22:11

I've noticed the same effect on cpu utilization (monitor with Process Explorer - an excellent tool). My system is OCd to 4.6 and have never recorded a WHEA error in a year. No change to that since upgrading from 2012 beta. However, aquasuite will accumulate over 500k reserved bytes and hover at 14% use on a 2700k@4.6 after sitting minimized over night with all data logs off... That seems a bit much Sebastain.

If I start AS and do not open it to display a data page the cpu and memory use stays low. let it sit on the desktop, or better yet, map a data page to the desktop and AS is an overhead-hog. I've not had any crashes i can say were induced by AS2012, but the software seems to consume a lot of resources.

Seriously, none needs high end watercooling to run a system at stock settings... You can use the crap fan intel boxes with the cpu. Sounds like marketing and engineering need to talk once in awhile. ?(

I can post some PE screens once i get back to Philly.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

RE: AS2012 cpu load

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 23:31

.....but the software seems to consume a lot of resources.

Seriously, none needs high end watercooling to run a system at stock settings....Sounds like marketing and engineering need to talk once in awhile. ?(
Agreed.

RE: RE: AS2012 cpu load

Montag, 26. November 2012, 07:17

.....but the software seems to consume a lot of resources.

Seriously, none needs high end watercooling to run a system at stock settings....Sounds like marketing and engineering need to talk once in awhile. ?(
Agreed.

Disagree and disagree and disagree.

It doesn't consume 'a lot' of resources. Perhaps it consumes slightly more than previously but all the new features are things that customers 'wanted'.

&

Why is watercooling only for overclockers? HIgh-end watercooling is sometimes a choice based on 'wants' rather than 'needs'.

&

Marketing and Engineering in the real world are not as mutually exclusive as people often believe. The bottom line of all function and form is how much it will cost to develop a product to meet a certain price point.

Have a nice day :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (26. November 2012, 08:04)

Montag, 26. November 2012, 17:22

If I said that the sky was blue....I'm fairly certain cc01 would jump in and argue with me. I've gotten used to it. :huh:

1) cc01....your definition of "a lot" of resources may differ from others. I also see anywhere from 10% to 15% of my CPU's 12 threads being utilized by Aquasuite at all times. There will be many here who agree that its "a lot". Significantly more usage than previous versions.

2) I'm sure you understand that probably more than 90% of Aquaero owners have also overclocked their system to some degree. I'll bet its even higher than that. All jpmboy was saying was that it feels like a cop-out to suggest that you should just run at stock settings so that you don't have any problems.

3) His marketing/engineering statement was just referencing the confusing linking of the ideas of buying water cooling software....and running your system at stock speeds. But thanks for your real world experience with marketing and engineering.

It's ok to love Aquacomputer software....but still recognize the rough edges that need to be fixed. Just the idea of what AC is doing....is very cool. And their feature set exceeds any other competing product right now. But the software gives me more problems than almost any other software application I've used. Seems very buggy still...after a year of beta's. I'll continue to root for the company to continue improving...while I celebrate the feature/function rich products they are developing.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 19:07

If I said that the sky was blue....I'm fairly certain cc01 would jump in and argue with me. I've gotten used to it. :huh:

1) cc01....your definition of "a lot" of resources may differ from others. I also see anywhere from 10% to 15% of my CPU's 12 threads being utilized by Aquasuite at all times. There will be many here who agree that its "a lot". Significantly more usage than previous versions.

2) I'm sure you understand that probably more than 90% of Aquaero owners have also overclocked their system to some degree. I'll bet its even higher than that. All jpmboy was saying was that it feels like a cop-out to suggest that you should just run at stock settings so that you don't have any problems.

3) His marketing/engineering statement was just referencing the confusing linking of the ideas of buying water cooling software....and running your system at stock speeds. But thanks for your real world experience with marketing and engineering.

It's ok to love Aquacomputer software....but still recognize the rough edges that need to be fixed. Just the idea of what AC is doing....is very cool. And their feature set exceeds any other competing product right now. But the software gives me more problems than almost any other software application I've used. Seems very buggy still...after a year of beta's. I'll continue to root for the company to continue improving...while I celebrate the feature/function rich products they are developing.

Thanks for replying to cc01. Much more diplomatically than.... Anyway, AS2102 running in the background - as it should unless you sit and stare at the gauges for grins all day - will take and hold ~500k worth of Working bytes, and nearly as much reserved after a working session unless you close and restart the software. Why one watercools a box is personal i guess, but you NEED to watercool a significant OC absent building a breezeway!

The "learning" loop cycling among customers/marketing and R&D/E is what drives any tech enterprise. AC's equipment is great stuff. Just look at the 1680 copper... It would be indulgent, decadent or stoopid to hook that to a stock anything! I just have to find something to hook it to!
Enjoy.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Aquasuite screenshot

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 01:29

As indicated above the attached image is self explanatory- just fyi. For comparison, I have UCSF Chimera running in the background with a colored ribbon 3D model based upon X-Ray data of a very large protein complex (the 26S proteasome). AS2012 holds a 300MB working set. if i let this sit overnight this will increase significantly.

Like I said, no big deal in terms of memory use as a percent of total, but AS2012 competes in this "dimension" with some hungry software.
»jpmboy« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Capture .JPG