• 16.04.2024, 07:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lese dir bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

ad120

Considering a Airplex GIGANT 3360

Freitag, 14. Juni 2013, 18:33

So like my other thread, I'm now considering a gigant 3360.

I couldn't find much information about this product or even a review.

Would I be able to passively cool two 690s and a 3960x? Would a single slow 140 fan up top be enough? My goal is to have a silent system, or as close as to it as I can get.

Thanks

Freitag, 14. Juni 2013, 22:49

I couldn't tell you how well it would work but one of my first liquid cooled systems used a Zalman Reserator to cool 2x 7800gt's, north bridge and cpu, cant remember the processor but it was an AMD 64.
It worked ok but it did run warm, especially in summer, I ended up buying the optional tower fan, running that permanently and having 2 case fans running as well to remove any ambient heat.

I've long since decided that having something like an Aquaero ot a T-balance is the way to go just because they can be set up to keep noise at an absolute minimum without affecting cooling too much by raising or lowering fan speed when really needed.

I know it's not really an answer to your question but hope it helps in some way.

Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 10:31

i want you to buy it just so you can answer your question :D

Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 16:13

my rad 360mm * 360mm and about 50mm thick is supposed to be good for 200W passive

it looks from the photos that each of the 4 sides of the gigan is of a similar radiator core design, but huge ~ 900mm high by ~200mm wide, but not sure of thickness, I guess 25mm.

So i would imagine you would be looking at least 500 - 600W passive

Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013, 14:12

What sort of pumping power do these things need?

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013, 02:55

I too am considering purchasing a Gigant 3360, however, there's not much info on the shop.aquacomputer.de site as far as info on how to mount the pumps / reservoir / fans brackets.

Someone from Aquacomputer really needs to create some support docs on this product & it's accessories & add some more pictures for the mounting mechanisms and g1/4 locations.

So far, I'm seriously cross shopping the Gigant 3360 w/ the Watercool MO-RA3 420. The MO-RA3 is pretty straightforward as far as mounting is concerned, though the Gigant might have an advantage in that fewer fans are required (1 or 2 180mm fans for the Gigant 3360 vs 9 X 140mm on the MO-RA3 420)

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013, 23:24

Thanks Pilo for the pics & links, that really does help to clear up some confusion I had about the mounting and plumbing holes positions for the GIgant.

Do you have any experience working w/ the Gigant 3360? I want to implement the 3360 to cool quad 7990 (4 cards, dual gpu's, 8 gpu's total) + Intel 3470 (stock clock).

I'll probably go w/ a dual serial pump solution (d5 variant w/ EK dual serial pump top).

Do you think a single 180 mm fan will provide sufficient air flow? or maybe even top and bottom mounted 180mm?

pump top: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-acces…ack-acetal.html
Silverstone Air penetrator 180mm: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=258&area=en

If the single / dual fan top & bottom won't work, then I'll probably have to go w/ the fan rails and use a bunch of 140mm fans (6 on each side) x 4 sides = 24 fans (that's a lot of fans)!.

Also from the pics, it looks like you can mount an Aquero directly onto the radiator. How is that done? I don't see how there would be enough clearance for the Aquero PCB and the copper piping. Also screw holes don't appear to be present for such an installation.

Sorry in advance for all the questions, trying to figure this all out before spending $800+ USD on all the hardware.

Oh, and BTW, this thing is really massive. I'm impressed.

Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013, 02:52

I too am considering purchasing a Gigant 3360, however, there's not much info on the shop.aquacomputer.de site as far as info on how to mount the pumps / reservoir / fans brackets.

Someone from Aquacomputer really needs to create some support docs on this product & it's accessories & add some more pictures for the mounting mechanisms and g1/4 locations.

So far, I'm seriously cross shopping the Gigant 3360 w/ the Watercool MO-RA3 420. The MO-RA3 is pretty straightforward as far as mounting is concerned, though the Gigant might have an advantage in that fewer fans are required (1 or 2 180mm fans for the Gigant 3360 vs 9 X 140mm on the MO-RA3 420)

mo-ra3 is beautiful and simple mounting, the Gigant appears to be enginering excellence, a work of art!!!!

But so much copper pipe?
The Mo-ra3 has 36m of copper the Gigant has 80+m
Copper pipe pressure loss psi/ft for:
1/4" 0.125 - 0.146 (Type L, Type K)
3/8" 0.022 - 0.038
Keeping in mind the pipe is not continues, their are reservoirs at each end. Perhaps to drive this and 4 double blocks + cpu block you should consider something really awesome like Swiftech MCP35x2

Wow 24 fans is a lot of fans, perhaps you will not need so many. Given the fan mount channels are probably going to be the cheapest items on your order, buying a few and adding fans as required after testing is probably your option as so little information is available about 180mm fans top and bottom. But I have to wonder, given the Gigant appears to be designed for passive cooling, by the time you start adding lots of fans ( air pressure) perhaps the shorter Gigant (perhaps all copper) is an option or the extraordinary Airplex modularity system ( although Mo-RA3 has sweeter mounting options)???

The photo that shows an area of Aluminium missing from the copper pipes, this will be the AQ5 mounting point, their will be a blanking plate in place.

Those are gorgeous!!

Donnerstag, 7. August 2014, 08:17

If I wasn't so heavily invested in stuffing the AMS 140 Rad/Pump/Rez, and an AMS 360 Copper edition into my Lian Li PC61 I'd go for one of these! I like the looks of the copper one, but the larger tower is stunning too.

Donnerstag, 7. August 2014, 16:56

Both the 1680 and the 3360 are available with either copper fins or aluminum fins... the tubing is copper in all cases.

airplex GIGANT 1680, aluminum fins
airplex GIGANT 1680, copper fins
airplex GIGANT 3360, aluminum fins
airplex GIGANT 3360, copper fins

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (7. August 2014, 17:03)

Freitag, 8. August 2014, 13:04

Zitat

mo-ra3 is beautiful and simple mounting, the Gigant appears to be enginering excellence, a work of art!!!!

But so much copper pipe?
The Mo-ra3 has 36m of copper the Gigant has 80+m
Copper pipe pressure loss psi/ft for:
1/4" 0.125 - 0.146 (Type L, Type K)
3/8" 0.022 - 0.038
Keeping in mind the pipe is not continues, their are reservoirs at each end. Perhaps to drive this and 4 double blocks + cpu block you should consider something really awesome like Swiftech MCP35x2

I believe the premise presented is incorrect... total tubing does not have as much an impact on pressure loss as does the tubing length per circuit.

Looking at the picture of the MO-RA3 420 it appears to have 9 U-bends per row in 4 rows. So 9x4=36 U-bends times 2 (2 tubes per U-bend) yields a total of 72 runs of tubing. The specifications state 3 parallel circuits for 24 runs per circuit, or 24 times the height (420 mm) of the radiator for a total length per circuit of just over 10 meters.

From what I can see the Gigant 1680 has 21 tubes per radiator, times 4 radiators for a total of 84 runs of tubing, ALL in parallel, yielding a length of around 0.5 meter per circuit.

Assuming the tubing diameter of both devices as similar, the MO-RA3 420 appears to have approximately 20 times the length per circuit, and consequently would suffer 20 times the pressure loss?

The pressure loss experienced by the Mo-RA3 420 may be exacerbated by the fact that pressure loss increases with velocity. If both radiators were provided 100 l/h, the volume passing through each circuit in the MO-RA3 420 would be about 33.3 l/h, whereas the volume passing through each circuit of the Gigant 1680 would be about 1.24 l/h.

I am NOT a hydraulics expert and hope someone with credentials will chime in here.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (8. August 2014, 18:45)

Freitag, 8. August 2014, 18:46

I believe I am in error in my previous post above by assuming the 84 tubes on the Gigant all being in parallel - there must be some path for returning to the bottom, but looking at this and this I am unable to determine what happens in the headers. Perhaps each radiator is a single circuit, which at 420 mm x 21 tubes = 8.820 mm per circuit (for the 1680).

Though with an odd number of tubes per radiator, it is impossible to start and end at the same side, top or bottom. So it may be a dual circuity or a single circuit path.

If Aquacomputer were to expound on this, it would be greatly appreciated :S

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (8. August 2014, 18:56)

Samstag, 9. August 2014, 17:48

Anyone know what the black connector below the USB port is for?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (9. August 2014, 17:52)

Sonntag, 10. August 2014, 09:11

HI,
i think this is the 12Volt DC - Powerconnektor .

Sonntag, 10. August 2014, 15:37

Indeed, that could well be.

The lack of documentation makes planning a system very difficult... if that is the 12V supply, is there a tap out for an internal pump?
Does the connector and cable provide for the fan speed signal output to the MoBo as does the Aquaduct?
Is there a PCI bracket for connectors as has the Aquaduct?

How many circuits does the radiator have (for pump planning)

Guess I will keep searching the internet, but so far not one single build log or review of anything Gigant.

Dienstag, 12. August 2014, 23:15

May have found a couple gems of info from an older thread (used Google translate):

My question:

Zitat

Is there a PCI bracket for connectors as has the Aquaduct?

From post 273

Zitat

We have completed the last changes for the aquaero version. There will be a plugin for the PC waterheating by electricity very resilient cable socket on the giant and slot bracket. For this purpose, a USB B connector available on the giant. Inside the giant that is aquaero with a soldered on the connector cable to which you can connect via a Y cable for example pumps.

All this is included with the aquaero variants. For example, it can so easily two D5 pumps are installed internally. We have the current capacity sufficient size.

Power and USB port are arranged on a rear side panels directly over the water connections.

My question:

Zitat

How many circuits does the radiator have (for pump planning)

From post #1

Zitat

In order to realize a very small pressure loss, the individual modules are only two times traversed (AMS four times). This allows the airplex GIANT even be operated with very small pumps.

I believe that means two circuits of two rads each.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. August 2014, 23:20)