• 18.04.2024, 09:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Pilo

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014, 06:45

Maybe the reason why it's not working with more then 6 of your fans is, that the PWM signal from the aquaero has not enough power to feet more then six fans. If you connect one more fan, the signal level gets to low to trigger the internal pwm electronic of your fans. With some other fans the attenuation could be much more less and you could connect more fans then only six.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Bradeck

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 19:18

Maybe the reason why it's not working with more then 6 of your fans is, that the PWM signal from the aquaero has not enough power to feet more then six fans. If you connect one more fan, the signal level gets to low to trigger the internal pwm electronic of your fans. With some other fans the attenuation could be much more less and you could connect more fans then only six.

Pilo, you nailed it on the head.
It's been confirmed by Swiftech saying that they have seen it with Corsair fans that require a stronger PWM signal than most... so it was just that from the start and the mistery is solved.
Having just bought all the stuff, I'll not replace all my 16 fans with another brand, my budget won't allow me... So I'm monitoring only 12 of them with the aquaero, and 4 from the Mobo... not ideal, not pretty, but it works.

And so the PWM signal sent by the motherboard is also stronger that the one sent by the aquaero, and I don't know if there is a way for Aquacomputer to make it stronger maybe with a new firmware ?

At least now I know that making cable, crimping and such is not so difficult.

So for me the issue is "closed", thanks all for your inputs and insights.

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 20:03

Sounds like a great opportunity for the creation of a PWM signal amplifier.

Haven't googled to see if one exists, but would make a great accessory for the Aquaero.

Go for it AquaComputer.

RodeoGeorge

swiftech PWM boards

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 21:55

I have 2 PWM splitters daisy chained, connected to one PWM output from AQ6. and they all run fine.
Currently at 600 RPM, because its so cold in NJ..
Here's me soldering 2 xSwitftech 8xPWM together..
Post #321
http://www.overclock.net/t/1421280/build…0#post_21283683

Here's the post on it connected to Fan 4; with only RPM and PWM wire connected (Pin 3 and 4).
Post #326
http://www.overclock.net/t/1421280/build…0#post_21295768

Here's the post on fan RPM around 700
Post #409
http://www.overclock.net/t/1421280/build…0#post_21544851

I think and this is a long shot; your problem might be in Aquasuite..
Put your PWM control switch (eg: Fan 4 switch output) in default controller, let it run at full power
Setup new Curve Controller based on temperature.
Read the temperature as an output to the dashboard, like in post #409, so you see the temperature that the Curve controller is based on.
Sometimes when I switch to my son's user account, it will go full speed...and thats because WMI may not work between Aquasuite and AIDA64 for me. Which is a software issue on Windows 7 with non-administrative user.

Seanimus where can I find these Swiftech Boards at where did you get them??? Thanks Steve
:P [color

RE: Problem controlling PWM fans or pump with the aquaero 6 [Solved]

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014, 22:28

Did you ever solve the pump problem and if so how. I have the same problem if I go any less then 100% the pumps quit I have the same exact set-up as you have but only 6 Corsair fans so I should be ok with them and I have 2 DCP665-PWM pumps any help with the pumps would be a big help from you or anyone else. Please please help me I'm a newbie to Aquaero 6 or any model I have posted several times but no one will help me!!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »stevebit56« (17. Februar 2014, 16:04)

:P [color

Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2014, 13:56

I havent had time to read all, and i dont know how u soled the issue.

I was pondering also on using the swiftech PWM splitter to connect multiple PWM fans on the PWM fan header on the aquaero 6 XT.

I have noticed on the swiftech hardware that power is supplied by sata.
I was thinking on modifying the swiftech pwm splitter and insert the power and ground on the PWM header (that by default only has two wires) and then, this header, with all 4 wires, like a normal PWM header, was going to get in the PWM output of the aquaero 6 XT.

So i would image myself doing it, then i read about this problem on swiftech forums, since i dont have an account there, i posted here.

So thats the way i would do it.

My 2 cents to aquacomputer.
You could create a similar device, a 8 or lets say 10 way splitter, without sata/molex additional power, but with the normal PWM main cable that gets inserted in the aquaero 6 XT output.
With an accesory a mounting plate, to mount the device on a 80, 92 or 120mm fan mounting space. Like the water filter has a similar mounting plate, thus the filter could be mounted if you got 120mm free mounting spots.

1, 2 or 4 of these devices could be mounted on a 120mm mounting space, depending on how big it is.

I would instantly buy 4 of these.

As it is, i think im going to get the swiftech 8 way PWM splitter and modify it as i said, since its the better option compared to using multiple PWM Y splitters.

My build is going to contain 32 Fans, so im going to need something like that, doing it only through cables is going to be really messy.

Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2014, 14:00

I'm guessing, if you would connect all 4 wires (12V, GND, RPM and PWM) only to the Aquaero 6 PWM terminal, without the external 12V+GND from the PSU, it would work perfectly.

Looks like someone figured it out, just read it now ! Exactly as i was planning on doing. That whole power through the sata connector is for the poor souls that dont have the aquaero 6 XT.
The aquaero is going to take care of the power, that why im going to modify the swiftech hardware.

All that remains is the mounting of the swiftech splitter somehow inside my case.

Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2014, 19:34

Frozen CPU has some very cheap 4, 6 or 8 Way PWM splitter without additional Power Input.

Since i will need to connect to aquaero 6,6,6,4, fans to each slot respectively, all PWM ofcourse, these might be the best solution.

The only problem is that i would have to stick them somehow to the case, something im not a big fan of, i like to use screws to tighten everthing up.

But i might give it a shot since they come exactly in the amount im going to need.

If all else fails, im going to have to do my own splitters !

Something like these PWM splitters would be nice if Aquacomputer were to make (those are probably done by frozen CPUs themselves), the thing is i would like to have the possibility to mount them somehow through mounting plates.

As a matter of fact i think they did used something similar demoing the 40 fans on aquaero 6, in the youtube video.

The question that remains wheter is there enough place inside the holes of the PWM connector to crimp 3 wires together to the connector, to make a triple splitter, that i would need for the six fan config.
2 tripple, one double to connect 6 fans to a single output.