• 23.04.2024, 12:12
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bytales

Creating a new radiator question

Friday, October 17th 2014, 7:54pm

So i was thinking in buying a 140.4 radiator. There isnt any.
However two 140x2 radiator can be "daisy chained" and voila, we got a 140.4 radiator.

The question is, will this new contraption fit in a standard 140.4 radiator fan mount, such as thin one here ?

Description is like this:
Side mount for a 140.4 (560) radiator. Thumbscrews included. 15-20mm fan spacing.
For photo click the link.

Because by looking here, i cant tell if the new radiator combination will retain its size, meaning the size an original 140.4 radiator would have !

Shoggy

Sven - Admin

Friday, October 17th 2014, 8:57pm

This will not work because the adapter part also requires some space so the end result is not the same as a real 560mm radiator.

Bytales

Friday, October 17th 2014, 9:04pm

So what"s the purpose of this system, it does allow creating bigger radiators, but it wont fit them in standard mounting spaces.
Perhaps if one is to hold the combined radiator outside of the case, then it is helpfull indeed.

Crap, i need to re-think my strategy.

How much bigger will it get ?