• 18.04.2024, 15:05
  • S’inscrire
  • Connexion
  • Vous n’êtes pas connecté.

Bonjour, visiteur, bienvenue sur les forums Aqua Computer Forum. Si c’est votre première visite, nous vous invitons à consulter l’Aide. Elle vous expliquera le fonctionnement de cette page. Pour avoir accès à toutes les fonctionnalités, vous devez vous inscrire. Pour cela, veuillez utiliser le formulaire d’enregistrement, ou bien lisez plus d’informations sur la procédure d’enregistrement. Si vous êtes déjà enregistré, veuillez vous connecter.

Starting up for first time, am i getting this right ?

mercredi 28 janvier 2015, 02:11

Just wondering if im getting the connections on the Aquastream XT right.

I power down and take power from pump, then i can :

1. plug in usb to internal usb of motherboard
2. connect the flowmeter to pumps Aquabus/flow
3. connect temp censor to pumps temp

all prior to doing any configuration in aquasuite.

Im running the ultra version, and the above is all i need to connect

mercredi 28 janvier 2015, 23:14

I believe your procedure list is fine.
Looking at the manual there is only 1 caveat I noticed regarding configuration of the Aquabus/Flow port (bolded & underlined below).

Citation

7.4. Connector “aquabus/flow”
Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. For versions
Standard and Advanced, the connector “aquabus/flow” is configured as an
aquabus interface and can be used for instance to connect the pump to an optionally
available aquaero fan controller. For these variants, a flow sensor must
not be attached to this connector!
You can use the aquabus/speed signal cable included in delivery to connect the
pump controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for example
an aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time,
however not all control options of the aquastream XT are available using the
aquabus interface.
If this connector is connected to an aquabus device, the port must not be configured
as flow sensor input! Otherwise, the pump controller will be destroyed and
all guarantees will be void!

For the Ultra variant, this connector can be configured for two different functions.
Default configuration of this connector is an aquabus interface. Using the aquasuite
software, this connector can also be configured to be a flow sensor input.
Simultaneous use of the aquabus and flow sensor function is not possible! Please
see chapter 14.4. for details on configuring the desired function.
Flow sensor and special interconnecting cable are optional accessories and not included
in delivery.

jeudi 29 janvier 2015, 02:44

The caveat was just excatly why i was asking, because standard setting is aquabus, so guess i'll be alright, but think i might as well set it to the flowmeter first, just the be sure

jeudi 29 janvier 2015, 04:32

Just as a cautionary comment, only 2 of the flow sensors in their shop (53061 & 53068) are compatible with the port configured to "Flow". (per quote from manual below)

Citation

Compatible flow sensors:
● Flow sensor with 5.6 mm nozzle (art. 53061)
● Flow sensor “high flow” (art. 53068)
● Connection cable for flow sensor (art. 53027)

The High Flow USB and MPS Flow Sensors are Aquabus devices and are NOT compatible.

Edit: added 'USB' to the "High Flow USB" sensor to differentiate it from the non-USB flow sensor.

Ce message a été modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification effectuée par "InfoSeeker" (29 janvier 2015, 12:07)

jeudi 29 janvier 2015, 09:41

There are two types of sensors called High flow. The older one (part number 53068 ) and the new one you linked Jakus. The older one is compatible with aquaero flow port, the newer one has a USB/aquabus connection and is not compatible, as you stated.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Edit: Now I see that you already listed the older one in your reply. Anyway, both the older flow sensor input version and the newer USB/aquabus version are called High flow and look alike, which can be confusing.

Ce message a été modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification effectuée par "bcikota" (29 janvier 2015, 09:47)

jeudi 29 janvier 2015, 19:32

Thanks for your help, im now running with everything configured.

Turned out that software warn you about, that you have to connect the flowmeter first, if you are trying to shift the setting to flow from USB

Ce message a été modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification effectuée par "Bo-Dk" (29 janvier 2015, 19:34)

Discussions similaires